All reviews zona romantica continental breakfast great location and staff roof terrace charming hotel los muertos beach taxi stand small hotel small pool walking distance sitting area restaurants and bars definitely stay here again romantic zone other guests water pressure construction noise
Reviewed 30 December 2016

Stayed here for 4 nights over Christmas, and we had a good stay. Room was very comfortable, and the bed was great. We stayed in a room with a small kitchen, which was convenient. It also had a large shared balcony, which overlooked Blondie's. It could get a bit loud from the music there, but this didn't bother us too much.

Staff were friendly and helpful, and the pool and courtyard were great. Continental breakfast was probably the weak point of the stay -- but it was easy to find breakfast elsewhere (including Coco's, which is right next door).

Location was very convenient and was an easy walk to all parts of Zona Romantica, and 1 block from the beach

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David P
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed seven nights at one of the penthouses with partial ocean view. It was quaint cozy clean and confortable. Continental breakfast leaves a lot to desire however there is a delicious alternative just around the corner. An elevator would be appreciated since there are three floors. We highly recommend this hotel

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Curiosity47964
Reviewed 28 December 2016

Excellent location and the people who work in reception were just wonderful and so helpful. I had a studio room and liked it even though over the street (one floor up.) I didn’t find it noisy (and I have a low tolerance.) Guests were also quiet. I wanted a quiet hotel and this was one. My room and bathroom clean and pleasant, had everything I needed and bed was so comfortable as were the fabulous pillows. Nice rooftop with afternoon sun (and the hotel is one block from beach.) Enjoyed the pool, unfortunately it doesn’t get sun but it was heated so was refreshing. I would stay there again …..

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 December 2016

My stay at the Villa Mercedes proved to be a restful retreat from the busier areas of central Puerto Vallarta. Restaurants, bars, the beach, the "Malecon" are all still in easy walking distance. The little hotel (16 rooms) is very guest oriented and one is immediately welcomed into the "family" at check-in. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable with superior bedding, quality linens. I slept very well every night that I was there. My room was on the first floor, facing the street, and I was not disturbed by any excessive street noise (trash collectors come one day very early, not an uncommon occurence in any city). The decor is colorful and "homey" and tastefully arranged. There are striking original murals throughout the hotel by Ana Ramos.The pool in the courtyard is very small (I could swim the length in three strokes), but it is kept clean and provides a refreshing dip after a walk on the beach. There is a very nice rooftop terrace for getting some sun. Breakfast is served in the courtyard; the coffee is good, but only toast, jam and fresh fruit are offered. A full breakfast is available within steps, by the way. Also, there is a Kiosko on the corner for water, snacks, etc. There is bar service in the evenings, but I think the neighborhood bars would be more attractive. I can highly recommend Villa Mercedes for the traveler who likes a quiet retreat but still be near the action zone in Puerto Vallarta.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank phil2u
Reviewed 16 December 2016

My whole experience from check-in to check-out was very pleasant. First of all Betsy at the Front Desk is a wonderful. She is very friendly and helpful. From hotel rules and amenities to directions and recommendations she will be able to assist.

My hotel room was pretty spacious and very clean. The bathroom and the shower in particular was a nice size. My room faced the street so in the morning it could get a little noisy but heck, I needed to be up early any way to take in all of the sights!

The beach is a block away the Hotel provides you with a beach towel in exchange for a towel card, given to you at check-in. Once you return the towel, they give you back the card until another towel is needed.

A small continental style breakfast is provided each morning that consists of fresh fruit, orange juice, coffee, toast, butter/jelly. Sangria is provided in the early evening by the pool as well. The sangria was very good, not overly sweet.

Overall, this quaint, little hotel has much character. The location is great and hotel staff is very friendly. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends