All reviews zona romantica great boutique perfect location roof terrace charming hotel small hotel taxi stand small pool romantic zone definitely stay here again restaurants and bars walking distance to everything partial ocean view filtered water first floor sitting area the penthouse
Reviewed 30 December 2016

Stayed here for 4 nights over Christmas, and we had a good stay. Room was very comfortable, and the bed was great. We stayed in a room with a small kitchen, which was convenient. It also had a large shared balcony, which overlooked Blondie's. It could get a bit loud from the music there, but this didn't bother us too much.

Staff were friendly and helpful, and the pool and courtyard were great. Continental breakfast was probably the weak point of the stay -- but it was easy to find breakfast elsewhere (including Coco's, which is right next door).

Location was very convenient and was an easy walk to all parts of Zona Romantica, and 1 block from the beach

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dmptravels
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed seven nights at one of the penthouses with partial ocean view. It was quaint cozy clean and confortable. Continental breakfast leaves a lot to desire however there is a delicious alternative just around the corner. An elevator would be appreciated since there are three floors. We highly recommend this hotel

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Curiosity47964
Reviewed 18 December 2016

My stay at the Villa Mercedes proved to be a restful retreat from the busier areas of central Puerto Vallarta. Restaurants, bars, the beach, the "Malecon" are all still in easy walking distance. The little hotel (16 rooms) is very guest oriented and one is immediately welcomed into the "family" at check-in. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable with superior bedding, quality linens. I slept very well every night that I was there. My room was on the first floor, facing the street, and I was not disturbed by any excessive street noise (trash collectors come one day very early, not an uncommon occurence in any city). The decor is colorful and "homey" and tastefully arranged. There are striking original murals throughout the hotel by Ana Ramos.The pool in the courtyard is very small (I could swim the length in three strokes), but it is kept clean and provides a refreshing dip after a walk on the beach. There is a very nice rooftop terrace for getting some sun. Breakfast is served in the courtyard; the coffee is good, but only toast, jam and fresh fruit are offered. A full breakfast is available within steps, by the way. Also, there is a Kiosko on the corner for water, snacks, etc. There is bar service in the evenings, but I think the neighborhood bars would be more attractive. I can highly recommend Villa Mercedes for the traveler who likes a quiet retreat but still be near the action zone in Puerto Vallarta.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank phil2u
Reviewed 16 December 2016

My whole experience from check-in to check-out was very pleasant. First of all Betsy at the Front Desk is a wonderful. She is very friendly and helpful. From hotel rules and amenities to directions and recommendations she will be able to assist.

My hotel room was pretty spacious and very clean. The bathroom and the shower in particular was a nice size. My room faced the street so in the morning it could get a little noisy but heck, I needed to be up early any way to take in all of the sights!

The beach is a block away the Hotel provides you with a beach towel in exchange for a towel card, given to you at check-in. Once you return the towel, they give you back the card until another towel is needed.

A small continental style breakfast is provided each morning that consists of fresh fruit, orange juice, coffee, toast, butter/jelly. Sangria is provided in the early evening by the pool as well. The sangria was very good, not overly sweet.

Overall, this quaint, little hotel has much character. The location is great and hotel staff is very friendly. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Hokies44
Reviewed 13 December 2016

I love this hotel! Very charming, clean, walkable to the beach, and very friendly staff. The hotel is near great restaurants and bars. I would suggest this place to friends or a couples getaway!will def stay here again !

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Villa Mercedes P, Owner at Hotel Petit Mercedes Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Thank you for staying with us! We are glad to hear you had a pleasant experience and we look forward to having you as our guest again.