“Another Enjoyable Meal ”
Review of De Santos La Isla

De Santos La Isla
Ranked #196 of 1,199 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: In De Santos we inspire your senses creating integral gastronomic experiences, in an informal atmosphere that turns towards the party. We are a restaurant that is distinguished by the details, music that goes from the classic 80's to the lastest hits; we have a selection of international cocktails and our dishes offer new flavors as a result of a fusion of international cuisine orchestrated by Chef Juan Carlos Amutio. We have two atmospheres or different spaces that make our guests feel at home; our terrace and private salon.
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

We first enjoyed De Santos when it was at the Peninsula Plaza. When they moved from there we lost track of them. We are happy to have found them again at the La Isla.
My wife and I had our favourite, the popcorn shrimp. I also had the De Santos burger. We highly recommend the popcorn shrimp. Jesus provided friendly professional service.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

I got food poison! I started to feel bad, an hour after eating. I stayed up all night feeling sick and it happened one gross things. I went to the hospital and it was an a horrible experience, needles, and couldn't sleep. It was the popcorn shrimp, the restaurant has bad qualidy food.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

So enjoy the atmosphere !!

Just needed A few good morsels to hold us over until we got back to our resort.

Not really sure what I was ordering .. it was more of an appetizer but that's all I wanted.. carpaccio ( never had it) and gnocchi.. The waiter said, " it was one of his favorites" . So I love gnocchi but I just was not sure what the rest of the dish consisted of...but it was basically very very thin slices of raw steak ..topped with a warm gnocchi in a wonderful sauce.
DD had A dish with tortellini and pink sauce... again the sauce was absolutely delicious ...soooo good.

The waiter also chose for me a drink with Tanqueray, selzer, cucumber, and lime which was very refreshing.

We were also right along the waterway you could watch the coiorfull water fountain and boats filled with pirates and families or gondolas

Two thumbs up !!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

The food is decent, the popcorn shrimp is delicious, but my pasta was tasteless. Had to add tons of salt to make it better.
Service took forever, food and drinks. It wasn’t even a busy day, pretty empty.
No description in the drinks menu, so had to ask what the drinks I wanted to try had, and our waiter had to go back a few times to ask what was in them.
For a better price, I can get better pizza, better drinks and food at another restaurant.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We stopped for lunch -- opens at 1:00 and they serve 2 for 1 margaritas and mojitos from 1 til 7, so we started with that. Both drinks were well made and tasty.

We decided to try their pizza -- we ordered the Vegetarian and the Margherita. Both were delicious, the crusts perfect and very fresh, flavorful toppings. Plenty of veggies on vegetarian (my favourite) -- egg plant, red pepper, zucchini, and poblano pepper. Just the right amount of spice. The Margherita, in addition to the mozza and tomatoes, was topped up with pesto sauce and a good quantity of top quality Tuscan olive oil (yum!!)

Service was pleasant, prompt and efficient. Staff were very friendly and we had a very enjoyable experience. Will definitely be back again.