“Delicious early dinner”

Tuna Azul
Ranked #22 of 1,209 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Reviewed 16 April 2017

My family of 5 had the pleasure of eating an early dinner at Tuna Azul. The engaging owner, Diego Lopez Maldonado, approached our table asking if we would like to have a freshly made guacamole as an appetizer and we quickly agreed. Our dinner included the delicious tuna tartare as an appetizer and a variety of tacos including the smoked marlin, tempura shrimp and tempura shrimp. Dessert included the wonderful sweet corn cake which I would love to duplicate at home if I could. Everything was made fresh and was tasty. The service was perfect. We will visit Tuna Azul when we travel to PV again!

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

This place is quaint and beautiful. I have been here several times and learned recently that the waiter was one of the owners. It was so amazing to see such a wonderful place with an amazing menu and so well decorated. It has an amazing view of the everyday life and the food itself is not only beautifully prepared but they are confident in it. I can't even put into words how I feel about this place. What a great experience to own a restaurant with your brothers in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Try te tamarind margarita. Especially if you've never had tamarind. I wish I was a millionaire so I could buy anybody who was ever in Puerto Vallarta a meal at this place. Support small business And get an amazing meal. Simply perfection.

1  Thank M R
Reviewed 7 April 2017

The food is simple and delicious.. clever small dishes for sharing..the tacos and tuna and octopus salad are finger licking good.....and also great main dishes for a nice lunch or dinner. The terrace allows you to enjoy local and tourist life. A must to visit when you are in PV.

1  Thank AMellior
Reviewed 5 April 2017

Great place and a much needed break from all the 'gringo places' selling hamburgers. This is one of the few places just 1 block away from the beach serving fresh seafood. Second positive point is that staff. I have lived in Mexico for a while now and this is the first time I felt really welcome. In summary, great good, great location and great prices (we spend about 350 pesos for 2 persons inc drinks). Only slightly negative point is that the decoration could use some work.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

What a surprise. Their garlic shrimp tacos were fantastic--simple, flavorful, inexpensive. Went here twice in one weekend, it was so good. Shrimp fajitas were great too.

Date of visit: March 2017