“Not impressed”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2018

I see a lot of people giving Hector's excellent reviews... I was not impressed.
The cocktail I had was excellent and was the only redeeming quality. Place was small but cool, wait staff was more interested in the next wave of people who had reservations than us... the food was just ok and nothing to rave over.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We treated ourselves and went to Hector's Bistro last night. We go here at least once a week to buy their wonderful multi grain sourdough bread so it was great to come back for a full meal. We did as suggested online. We arrived before 8 (7:30 ish) and were seated easily without a reservation. We ordered a glass of the chardonnay and one of the tempranillo. I had the rib eye steak cooked medium rare to perfection! It was by far the tastiest and most tender piece of beef I have ever had! It was served with herb roasted baby potatoes and arugula salad. My date had the homemade ravioli. They were filled with a couple of cheeses with a nice red creamy sauce of sun dried tomatoes and herbs. Delicious! Both wines were to our liking and we took half of the steak home. Had we not been stuffed we would have definitely ordered a dessert as they had a great selection! Thank you Hector for providing us with a great dining experience!

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Headed here for lunch today. There were two cruise ships in port and waves of gray haired cruisers all over town so I was afraid Hector's would be packed since it's likely to be considered "safe". Where do these people lunch? To my surprise I was the only one in the restaurant at 12:30 on a Tuesday. Six people came in about ten minutes later and sat down to look at the menu. They soon excused themselves and left. Either they didn't realize it was European food or they were surprised by the prices. Apparently they only have one menu and it's high end, so lunch is likely to be antipasto, soup, salad, or a combination. I opted for the tomato soup and the "homemade" reuben sandwich. They have quite a big bar in the middle of the restaurant. As a solo traveler I enjoy dining at the bar, thus avoiding the ritual drama of the server collecting the excess table settings for use later. The soup was rich and delicious with a dollop of goat cheese. The reuben sandwich was very good, but a bit too oily. I was surprised that no one asked me if I enjoyed my food, only if I was finished. No Wifi.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

Had the rib eye which came with potatoes and a great arugula salad for $16 american. Would have been double in America. Will be back.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

Hector's is on the foodie side. Some french dishes (really do not know how authentic but they are good looking) My companion had a great medium rare and tender steak. No easy to get in Mexico. I had a steak sandwich that had outstanding tender beef. The place is often very busy but if you are willing to eat early they will be likely to make room for you in a spot reserved for later in the evening. Service is attentive and friendly.