See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

The photos are nothing like you get. We were looking for a nice but inexpensive place and gave it a shot. Paid for 4 days and got the room and walked out it was so bad. We lost all our money because they would not give us a refund. Old, very old with beds a soft as plywood sheets. To give you a visual think Tijuana motel by the hour. With that said the woman at the office was nice.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2016

I did not stay at this hotel, but did have three hitting sessions with the tennis pro, Luis Rey. If you are looking for a great work out and a great way to improve your strokes, this is it!!! Luis keeps you entirely engaged and working for the whole session.

I love to run and have a good cardio challenge and this was perfect. I did the hit sessions with a friend and I could barely catch my breath after my 20 hit repetitions were done and my friend was on the hot seat, before it was my turn again. We worked on groundstrokes, swinging volleys, volleys, overheads, service returns.

The price Luis charges is minimal and is such good value that I can't recommend him highly enough.

The reason I rated this as a 4 out of 5 is because the courts at Margaritas are a little worse for wear (to say the least!), but for the purpose of running hitting drills, it serves the purpose just fine.

Definitely a great way to work off those extra margaritas/enchiladas from the night before!!!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2013

This hotel is geared more toward nationals than international tourists. Thus, the staff didn't speak any English. The amenities are not necessarily what you might be used to in the US--our first day we didn't have any shampoo/soap in the bathroom, and our second day we didn't get any towels (this was remedied upon our request). The water is not potable. As others have said, the beds were a bit hard. The internet is not free.

That said, it was a decent and very affordable place to stay in Mazatlán. We felt safe. The kids loved the pool. I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ktjtgr8912
Reviewed 6 April 2011

stayed for a week, the place was very clean and comfortable. the pool was great. The hotel is centrally located which was great for getting around. Most of all the tennis was great. the tennis pro gave lessons very inexpensive and he was very knowledgable. I will stay there again next time.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank franciscofrancisco
Reviewed 5 August 2010

i would not recommend this hotel at all, i was in room #302 on the first day i asked to change the room because on the back off the hotel (just on the other side of the room were the aircondtioner) for the hotel but they never transfer me to a nother room. Than i had a nice mold growing in the bathroom. There is no internet at all, there is no restaurante in the hotel,the hotel is not at the beach, the pool in the hotel is allways full off native kids and grandmas from the area not from the hotel ( the best thing was the kids where to lasy to go to the bathroom so they just use the shower ) and towels you get from time to time not every day. i don`t know for what they get the 3.5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family