See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Came here for a brief trip around the city. Upon first impression, the hotel looks really nice from the outside. Inside is where the nightmare begins. The elevator is unsafe and unstable because the doors open and close very harshly (sometimes leaving a gap), it shakes a lot, and only 6 people at a time can go on the elevator. Inside the hotel room, the conditions are that of a typical poor person's house. The decor is dated, the AC unit is loud, the balcony is unstable and not to level, there is very minimal lighting, the bathroom had mold (especially around the shower), the kitchen is very mediocre with no working sink with a dated tiny stove that was missing its knobs, and the furniture was falling apart! To make matters worse, I couldn't sleep all night because the banda was playing on the 9th floor (I was on the 7th floor) from between 10 pm and 3 am. You can hear the super loud music and the people's footsteps from dancing. If you can spend a little more money, please avoid this place at all costs! This place should be condemned!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2015 via mobile

I'll try to be fear with this review: this is one of the most terrible hotels I may visited in my life. The rooms are old, no towels in the toilette, bugs in your bed, bad service, not wifi working correctly.

To sum up, please stay away from this hotel.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2014

First clue: no help with the luggage, although there is no elevator for the first two floors. Bad food, bad service, no towels, noisy, no hot water, dirty room... Forget about Wi-Fi. I tried to talk with the lady at the front desk, but she was overwhelmed with complaints. She did not pick up the phone. When I finally got her attention, she was rude.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The location of this hotel is awesome. Wish I say the same for the hotel. I made a 5 night reservation 2+ months in advance online. When I tried checking in, I was informed there was no reservation. When I provided proof of my confirmation printout, I was told they didn't do business with the company and wouldn't be able to honor it. After several hours of dealing with the receptionist, reservation manager, and administration, I decided to pay out-of-pocket for the room, after contacting the company I made the reservation through, who immediately reimbursed me. The room I was given was not what I was expecting. There must have been a broken water pipe, because I heard water running all night long. The water in the shower never went down. I complained the following morning and was moved to another room, which was a little better. When I asked the front desk for additional towels, I was always told there were none. I asked the maid for towels, who was usually able to provide them. Because of the busy time of year, I wasn't able to move to another hotel, so I tried to make the best of my stay. There are better hotels in Mazatlan, where customer service is important, unfortunately, this is not one of them.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cheebschubbs
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I made a two-night reservation for this hotel six weeks before arrival, mainly because it was cheap. On check-in, the clerks told me that the rate had gone up -- way up! More than double. Luckily I had my confirmation printout and after much deliberation and apparently a phone call to a manager, the clerks very reluctantly decided to honor my reservation and rate. Because the hotel fronts on the very busy main boulevard, it is very noisy. Cars and motorcycles roaring by all day and the rooms are far from soundproof. Additionally, the beach restaurant across the street hosts a very loud band whose drummer drums continually all afternoon and evening. Boom, boom, boom. Mazatlan has some very decent hotels for very decent rates: this is NOT one of them.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family