See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 October 2015 via mobile

Pros: The hotel is modern and stylish. It is very clean and comfortable. The room was very romantic- perfect for couples. The shower was amazing. The location is great- right by the plaza machado where all of the restaurants are located in the centro historico of Mazatlan.

Cons: the toilet seat cover was removed from the toilet in our bathroom which was very strange.

I would stay there again if I went back.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bostonnnnn
Reviewed 14 October 2015

This property is right in the old town of Mazatlan. It has been extensively updated and has a LOT of architectural appeal, while not being very practical. it is basically several rows of old fashioned hotel rooms with doors that open to a walkway over a central, open courtyard. Only the rooms have A/C and they struggle if it is hot. They spent a lot of time and money on the central stair case, the small water fall, and room updates. Everything looks custom and unique. But, in the end none of it is very practical. Use the elevator to go up, but let them bring your bags. The elevator is too small for both you and your bags. Walk down the beautiful stairs, but be careful, it is odd and you could easily miss a step. The small pool is on the roof. Breakfast was included in the rate, but the kitchen was closed for repairs so we walked around and found some nice cafe's. No point in arguing about it. Just down the walking lane was a great common square with lots of shopping and places to eat and drink. You can't drive here - park and walk a few feet to the entrance. There is no parking. Walk about 5 blocks to the boardwalk that fronts over the beach. There are no views of the ocean from the hotel unless you count the roof and just want to see water.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank joelinda
Reviewed 1 August 2015

After having traveled to Mazatlan several times, staying in budget friendly hotels/hostels I thought I would treat myself. Too bad the candy inside the pretty wrapper is rotten and should be thrown away.

Pro:
The property is appealing to the eye. It has a nice modern touch in such a historic area of the city.

Con:
Staff: Mixed group of uninterested people. Going through the motions of a job, not looking to offer anything extra or special to their guests. No communication, no passion, no reason for them to be in hospitality.
Bang for Buck: As mentioned before, the property looks very nice. Upon further inspection, you can expect most things in room to not function properly. Regardless, customer service can ease and sometimes make you forget these little things - unfortunately service was not there.
Parking: Pathetic. Once again, with customer service comes sacrifice. The parking is located off property (no problem), there is a gate that is locked at night for protection (no problem), How do you open the gate? You must first leave your car in the middle of the road, go to the front desk, get a key, unlock gate, park car, re lock gate, bring key to front desk (problem). For the price of staying here, a bellman or concierge person should be there to unlock the gate for you.
Customer Service: Grim. Long story short, due to an air conditioning problem I became quite ill with a chest/head cold - was upgraded to a "jr suite" with 2 air conditioners, Jacuzzi, sitting room, king bed...the works, right? WRONG. One of the A/C units did not work and neither did the Jacuzzi. So basically I was upgraded to a larger, less functional room.

If you're still reading you'll be impressed to find out that this hotel is also full of liars. Upon checkout I demanded a refund. The "manager" informed me I would need to call the company I booked through for my refund - but guess what? The hotel charged my CC on file, not the booking company. After nearly 5 months of lies and dodging a refund, I was able to get 50% of my stay back. I was not, however, able to get the time spent in bed while sick back.

I suggest La Siesta, right on the Malecon near great food/bars/entertainment. Cheap and very friendly. Save your money people, this place is a tourist trap.

Thanks Jonathon, for nothing.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tsmitty22
Reviewed 25 March 2015

This hotel should be successful but for many reasons it is not. First being the design of the place is not conducive to quiet. It is like it is in a tunnel and the noise is terrible. The rooms upon entering look lovely but the rocks around the base of the bed are not practical. The lighting is not good and there only one oversized chair that is near the desk that won't fit under it. No were to sit, no where to put toiletries in bathroom. One saving is there was ample hot water and a rain shower head. I liked it but it is not for everyone. The biggest problem is with the help. We originally booked 3 nights here at the end of our stay in Mazatlan but changed the reservation to 2 nights which was not a problem. The paperwork was changed for the dates but not the charges on check in. When the woman at the front desk handed me my credit card receipt with the total I explained there was a mistake. She looked at the info and agreed that there indeed had been a mistake but that since she had put it through her machine already there was nothing she could do. I did not sign it and asked to speak to the owner. She told me I could talk to the manager before we were ready to leave in 2 days. At that time we were offered pesos for the overcharge and I told them we were leaving so that would not work. We ended up taking part US cash an part pesos. Not what I wanted but better than nothing. All in all a disaster of a stay. Loved this location.

Room Tip: Higher up than 1st floor
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank poppyhill
Reviewed 19 February 2015

We book a night in the hotel as my husband and I thought it was perfect. We came to the hotel late at night and they didn't have our reservation, the lady in the front desk didn't seem to know what was happening, at the end we had to go somewhere else.

We tried to contact the manager to explain our bad experience, after several calls we finally spoke with the manager and I tried to explain our bad experience, at least we expected an apology from them. They explained the lady in the front desk at night was new.

Hopefully they can work in their customer service.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple