See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel faces the boardwalk of the Malecon, and has a wonderful restaurant, which is what initially caught our attention with their awesome live music while we were walking by. Breakfast buffet in the mornings (for an additional fee) was delicious and we also enjoyed the appetizer menu, especially their tuna and shrimp aguachile plate, their soups, ceviche, shrimp cocktail and margaritas. The restaurant has a nice outdoor patio with covered protection from sun, facing the boardwalk and the ocean below it. There is a lot of traffic on the road during the day, but this did not take away from our enjoyment. The rooms are simple, but well-maintained, with really nice balconies with outdoor seating which directly look out on to the malecon with views of the ocean's waves below. We slept with our patio door open at night to hear the sound of the waves. Shower had good water pressure with plenty of hot water and there is a small hotel convenience shop in the lobby downstairs which is open during the day. Pool is nice and the hotel has a spa where you can schedule massages and other spa treatments. Hotel is within walking distance of many zona dorada restaurants. We stayed in total for a week here in February of 2018.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I have been alive a long time, and by far this is the worst place I have ever been. I don't know where to start, probably with the sanitary conditions of the room. There was ...I should day IS ...blood on the side of the toilet bowl. There is a dead fly in the shower door tract. My facetowels were stained and smelled. The pillowcases stank. The internet is just terrible, so don't count AT ALL on using it. The air conditioning smelled strongly of gas, which scared me not alittle, I was waiting for a terrible headache from breathing it. Here are my photos...please do not choose this place. I promise you that you will regret it. The room service food was awful. My room surfaces werent even wiped clean either. I opened the hotel door to be greeted by a HUGE disappointment. I started photographing immediately. The front desk gal was so snide and awful. I had to change rooms the second day. I hoped for better but was greeted with worse. I am now sitting at a beautiful resort in the golden zone. Please don't go. The live music from the bar is terribly loud as they play by the pool until way after 11 at night. Enough said and thank you for reading. Its important information.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Mary S
Ecommerce O, Gerente at Olas Altas Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you for your comments, We do really appreciate them, We'll work hard to improve our service.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Considering the location this hotel could have had better service, better everything...
The staff does not speak english, OK it is not a bid deal. But then it is very difficult to get through to them, even though I do speak some spanish.
I asked for a room facing the sea, and they gave me that, so far so good.
But it is the noisiest place in the world mostly because of the music that goes on all night. OK I could have accepted that and I did.
The bedding smelled and I went to the store to buy pillows to be able to sleep.
The worst however came on the check out time. My room had been prepaid so I did not expect to have to pay anything... until they asked me 280 pesos for the water used for the coffee!!!!!!!!!! In most hotels in Mexico, they leave you water on a daily basis, not there. The faucet water tastes horrible, and the coffee in the restaurant is expensive and looks like tea. So I made my coffee the best I could and with the water left there.
3 days out of 4 the coffee machine was not cleaned out, and the manager gave me the most ridiculous reason why they did not clean the filter, the pitcher, the whole thing.
The tv worked one day, the internet was off most of the time, except late at night.

What else can I tell you. ? Don't book there. There are plenty of other hotels in Mazatlan for that price.

Room Tip: Wifi does not work most of the time
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Marianne M
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

The staff was awesome, especially Ruben and Miguel from the restaurant. They made us feel as if we were at home. Very attentive. Making sure we had everything we needed throughout the day. The food and drinks are great!! If we needed anything in our room, they promptly serviced us. Looking forward to returning. Saludos Ruben y Miguel. De parte de las muchachonas de California.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Starting with the reception they didn't knew what the room include, the a/c was a bit off at night time, they didn't acknowledge us that breakfast was not include, so next morning we grabbed our breakfast and walked away then a waiter chased us with a bill that we didn't knew we had. Very embarrassing. Payed more than we should for breakfast and a very slow check out with a lobby area with no a/c at 35 degrees at noon.
Noisy hallways and noisy area at night time, never coming back and not recommended at all.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple