All reviews ocean view infinity pool swim up bar fat fish golden zone location is great nice pool each morning mini fridge pesos balcony arturo waiters maz surf maids closet
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

The food was great and we did try others but the food here we better then the few places we tried. We did have breakfast right out side the resort literally out side in front across the street. so good and cheap.. now for the bad part of my review no big deal but the towels for the pool they don't have enough on hand for a great place you would think they would have enough to go around.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Escobedosalon1187
Reviewed 23 June 2018

I was a little worried having read some of the negative reviews about booking here however, I am glad I went to find out for myself. We spent 10 days here in jan 18. The weather was fantastic . The hotel is clean and the rooms have very comfy beds. The choices of places to eat is good, the food can be a little repetitive at breakfast however the quality is good. Great pool with plenty of sunbeds

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank montykey
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Let's start with the bad reviews. Seriously guys. This is not the Mayan Palace or Pueblo Bonito and isn't trying to be. If that is your expectation you need to increase your budget! We happened upon the Palms Resort after checking in to a disaster of an AirBnB the night before. For $10 per night more we got an ocean view, a pool, bar service, beach access, courteous and welcoming staff and a clean and well maintained room. Yes, the finishes are a bit dated, but I actually find that to be part of the charm. I feel like I am visiting Mazatlan before Mazatlan turned in to what it is today. This is a very well maintained, older, family hotel. The gardens are lush and beautiful, the pool is clean and if not for some rowdy families interrupting my pool chair nap.... Listen, I would return in a heart beat. My only critique is that the staff and security does not enforce the rules in the pool area. Lots of people brining in coolers and food from outside and playing loud music on personal speakers. This kind of wrecks things for the rest of us wanting to follow the rules, support the hotel and relax. Also, we did not eat in the restaurant, but did order food at the pool and it was very good and the prices for a ocean front resort were very reasonable. Our pool day which included too many drinks and two menu items totaled $500 pesos.

Room Tip: Spend the extra $200 pesos a night fro ocean view!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We have stayed in 5 hotels in the last 3 months in Mazatlan and clearly this is the worst hotel on the strip by far.
Our first room on the 6th Floor had a smell which indicated that it had not been in use for some time, The toilet tank would not fill and you could not open the balcony sliding doors. Our second room on the same floor had the sames smell only slightly less. The smell was that of mold and mildew, I dread to think what was in the AC ducts.
The TV did not work, we called to have it checked, someone came and fixed , it lasted 10 mins then it went blank. There was no mention of whether the water was potable I take it wasn´t as there was a dead Cockroach in our room, on the 6th floor, come on!
The noise from the road out front made it impossible to sleep.
At break fast the following day we ordered the fruit plate and hot cakes assuming that they would be delivered at the same time not 25 minutes apart and the hot cakes were as cold as the fruit plate.
I set aside two of them which the waiter took away to reheat only to return with the two which by now would make very acceptable beach frisbees.
Overall the staff on the front desk Isa and Dulce were very pleasant and Joel in the restaurant very good.
The hotel needs to get into this Millenium the decor is drab and the furniture sad and distinctly lacking in comfort.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main street are extremely noisy
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John M B
Reviewed 29 March 2018

My 1st ever bad review of a resort. To be brief: Overcharge at check-in. Carried proof of confirmation, resolved. Friday, a 1:30AM Banda party in yard, hundreds of people from a convention they booked. MGR said he was unaware there was to be a party and comp'd a $12 breakfast. 3:00AM Saturday morning the party started again. They tore the place apart. New MGR comps us part of a day (60%), says they check out later Saturday. I showed him the picture of the present left in the elevator for over 2 hours (Attached). We were assured the fun was done. He lied also about no additional parties. One day/night of peace. Sunday night at 10:30PM a Mexican band starts up at the pool. Only after stating to MGR that either he stops the music or calls the police, did we get results. You can see the look on his face (Attached). He stated that "he could not control the group and had told them no band". At checkout they tried to give us Pesos (At a rip off 17-1 rate) for our credit and refused to do a credit card transaction in US dollars. Not until I demanded US dollars in cash did they magically appear. The windows do not close forcing one to listen to the noise (Attached). I was there in '79, my wife & I in '92. It used to be a nice place. Turning into a dump (Attached). Be warned that the "Noise" statement in their "Rules", "Does not apply" (Attached). So much for trying to do a quick getaway. We have learned our lesson and will stick with better resorts in the future. We regret not leaving immediately like another reviewer did. I could not even imagine taking my kids here. And to top it off, nobody ever said "I am sorry that this happened"....

Room Tip: The street side would be quieter than our ocean view was....
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple