See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 October 2016

I booked an ocean view room with American Express Travel for the Hotel De Cima in Mazatlan, Sinaloa for September 26 and 27th, 2016. Upon arrival, we discovered that the hotel's elevator was broken, and had been broken since May of 2016. My party included my 82 year old mother in law. There was no way she could manage one or more flights of stairs. I called American Express and they said there was nothing they could do. The hotel did give me a $200 peso credit (USD10) towards one breakfast in their coffee shop. Because AmEx Travel couldn't get me a refund we ended up spending two nights in a ground floor room overlooking a staircase.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank David B
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Hotel was ok for the price, i guess. We didn't spend much time in the hotel because we were out exploring. I feel down the stairs because the floors were not maintained. They had an outdate elevator that did not work properly. It did have a cool underground passage to the beach. It was ok for the price that we paid. I would recommend a hotel in the golden zone. Outdated hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Fraank Sandra B
Reviewed 14 October 2013

No soap, no shampoo, NO hot water, no bathroom exhaust fan, no safety chain or deadbolt, no wi -fi, no English speaking desk clerks. Elevator call buttons do not work from floor not where the elevator was stopped /opened. It also shook really badly!! Right across from Malacon the main drag ... lots of bumping music, sirens, & loud music. The view was beautiful. The bed & pillows were comfy. The bedframes were larger than mattress and the bedspread covered it so you ran into the wood frame...that hurts! Oh & our prepaid room reservation had been cancelled, we should have gone with that, took about 30 minutes to check -in since the clerk didn't speak English. Room 226 smelled bad. The stares we got & the rudeness of the female desk clerk made us feel very unwelcomed!! How or where did trip advisory come up with 3 stars?? 1 star would be generous.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank amyalaska
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Estuvimos ahi 2 noches. En las 2 noches habia un grupo de jovenes con musica a todo volumen, corriendo por los pasillos y tocando en nuestras puertas hasta las 4 am, las personas del hotel no hicieron absolutamente NADA y su respuesta fue que ellos estaban de vacaciones y que eran jovenes y no tenian sueño asi que no podian hacerles nada. Tambien un dia en la noche no nos dieron toallas porque no habia... En resumen estuvimos 2 noches y no dormimos nada y el hotel no nos dio ninguna solucion.Ademas en su pagina muestran unas fotos de los cuartos y las habitaciones son totalmente diferentes. NUNCA SE HOSPEDEN AHI. / We were there 2 nights. In the 2 nights there was a group of youths with music blaring, running through the halls and playing at our doors until 4 am, people in the hotel did absolutely nothing and his response was that they were on vacation and they were young and had no sleep so that they could not make anything. Also a day at night we did not get towels because there was ... In summary stayed 2 nights and did not sleep anything and the hotel gave us no solution. Besides on their web site they show some pictures of the rooms, and they are totally diferents. NEVER STAY THERE.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Alondra M
Reviewed 25 March 2010

If I write my whole horror story of my stay at this hotel I would fill up a book. First day, dirty sheets and dirty duvet, after reporting this, they agreed to change the duvet, but not the sheets since according to them, they were clean, and they were NOT. The room was dirty, the bathroom was dirty, and they did not change the sheets during our whole stay. On the 3rd day, there was no water from 6 am to 2pm, and when I opened the faucet, and the shower, BLACK water came out of them, completely disgusting. The elevator worked for a while, then stopped working, or it would take you to the basement over and over where you would get trapped. The staff is just rude, and not willing to help at all, except for the people at the parking lot, they are very nice. On the last day of our stay, there was no hot water. Almost everyone in my family ended up a rash on their bodies, probably thanks to their dirty sheets.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family