Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$84
US$81
US$53
BestDay.com
Best Western Posada Freeman(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$76
Blue Pacific Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$34
  • Restaurant
Apartamentos Torre II Condominios(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$47
Orbitz.com
US$601
  • Pool
2,048 results
All reviewscasa robertogolden zonejoe's oyster barocean viewshrimp factoryzip lineitalian restaurantbeach servicebeach areabeach vendorshotel restaurantmexican fiestaopen airmain poolnorth sidecommon areasgreat beach
Reviewed 16 July 2017

My husband was in Mazatalan for business and then I was fortunate to join him after his business meetings. Hotel Playa Mazatalan was absolutely beautiful. Our room was a delux room looking out onto the ocean and beach below us. The room was large and VERY comfortable. Service was truly over the top, with food choices on site exceeding all expectations. We will go back and Hotel Playa Mazatalan will be where we stay.

Room Tip: The only room I saw was ours. It was 5th floor and looking out at ocean and beach.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ekgershman
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear valued guest
We greatly apprecciate your kind comments, we are happy to know we were able to meet with your expectations, thank you for sharing.
We also apprecciate your promise to come back and visit us in the future, we would be honored.
Till next time

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

What a beautiful property is hotel Playa Mazatlan! This family owned all inclusive resort on the beach left nothing but beautiful memories. Right on the beach enjoy swimming in the ocean or one of the many pools. I have never had this quality of food and service at an all inclusive hotel before. You can tell the staff enjoys working here as the service and pride shines through. I visited for a business meeting but certainly will bring my family back, so much to do and explore in this beautiful town!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Charles97678
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear valued guest
We greatly apprecciate all your kind comments as much as your continued loyalty. We are glad to know you have had the chance to enjoy all the amenities, but most importantly that you have received the warmth from our service team, and yes we all enjoy being part of memorable vacations for all our visitors.
As always at your service

Reviewed 13 July 2017

I wanted to find a unique place to hold a sales meeting for my team that would allow us to focus on our business needs, then be able to relax and enjoy the beach and culture that Mazatlan has to offer. As an American business executive, I travel globally and find the resorts and towns that cater to typical American business needs to be lacking in true local culture. The inside of a Marriott is the same in 100 countries, but that wasn't what I wanted for my team.

The Hotel Playa Mazatlan was the perfect choice! The meeting space was comfortable and the equipment was in great condition. The catering staff went above and beyond to create unique menu offerings of local fare incorporating ingredients and spices from the region. We didn't want an American breakfast buffet, but they do have it if that's your style. The food quality was outstanding and it was ALL INCLUSIVE. Rooms, food, drinks, meeting spoace and facilities were all included in our corporate quotation. We didn't have to worry about a thing. Our meals were well staffed and the experience was fantastic. The team felt like this was an experience they would never have had in Cancun or other "destination" resorts.

The clincher for me was the staff and their personal dedication to our experience. In addition to all staff members being engaging and friendly, I met the executive management team from the hotel, and they all made us feel like we were part of their family. Many staff members have been with the hotel for years, some over 30 years and I could see them engaging with families that have been repeat visitors.

Full disclosure: This is the place to go to experience Mexico as Mexico, not Los Angeles in Mexico. The people take great pride in sharing their history and heritage with you, but don't expect a Starbucks in the lobby. If you want a beautiful and lasting experience, this is THE place.

I can't wait to bring my family in the fall and have them experience the superb food, service and entertainment that only the staff at Hotel Playa Mazatlan can provide.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank DaveDew00

Dear valued guest
We feel honored by all your comments, speciallty since we do take pride on the food and recepies and much as on heritage like you mentioned. I mean when the results are repetitive clients, happiness smiles, full tummies and kind comments like yours, we are more than happy to be part of great experiences.
Hope to be of service once again in the future

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Our work group recently spent several days at this resort. We were treated like VIPs from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. The food was excellent and the staff were extremely accommodating. I did not swim in any of the pools so cannot comment on that. The beach was very nice, although there are quite a few vendors always wanting to sell something. The buildings are on the older side, but they keep them updated. My room was ground floor and spacious. I could occasionally hear noise from outside (bands and people), but still slept soundly for the 3 nights of our stay. WiFi often times did not work for me. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: I would select a room that is not ground level, so you can keep your sliding glass door open at night to hear the sounds of the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank redsubarugirl

Dear valued guest
We apprecciate all your kind comments, as this is how we learn from our visitors on whats new, what we need to improve, what needs more of our attention and so son.
Thansk a lot for your visit as well.
As always, happy to be of service.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

After a fabulous week last year we decided on two weeks this year. What a big mistake! First, after calling reservations from Thailand I was assured we would get the a king size deluxe room in the same area with breakfast buffet included. The nightmare began when we checked in. We were given a standard room with double beds and no breakfast for the deluxe rate. When we protested we were given a small deluxe room with a king bed in the requested area. A breakfast voucher was not included and the room was so small and there was nowhere to put ones luggage. On the third day, we were offered a boutique room for $65 more per night. A food and beverage voucher was included. We opted for room service since breakfast in the nice terraza is not available ala carte after 9am. Room service was poor. On some orders napkins, forks, and service items were forgotten. On others, toast or jam and butter were forgotten On others, there were charges for items supposedly included. The beach is different this year. Vendors are able to approach guests when security is not watching and guests use personal boom boxes. If that is not annoying enough then there are a minimum of 5 loud tuba bands with amplifiers strolling the beach until all hours. Conversation is impossible.

Room Tip: Pay a lot of money and complain a lot
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LasVegasTravelnut
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Dear valued guest (LasVegasTravelnut)
We appreciate you taking the time to contact us on this manner, please note that there were multiple attempts at resolving your concerns on property. After reviewing your originating reservation (from a third party wholesaler) for a Standard room at a discounted rate, we offered the upgrade to a larger Deluxe room at no extra cost, when this room did not meet your expectations we offered the upgrade at a discounted cost to a larger boutique room (only one available at the time with a king bed). As it seems this room did not have the table requirements that you where interested in. The Breakfast Voucher in question is a benefit offered to our direct clients through our website. I have discussed the concerns mentioned in regards to the room service with our Food and Beverage Management, and apologize for any "service" items that were missing, the hotel does have a standard that I have requested our captains "re-enforce" with the wait staff. The Beaches in Sinaloa are Federally Regulated and supervised by local and federal authorities, our guards are unable to direct them as to whether or not they work the area, we do in fact prevent them from accessing our private beach areas and property. I hope this brings some clarification to some of your concerns. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me direct.
Best wishes and safe travels,
LT VIENT