2,173 results
All reviews casa roberto golden zone joe's oyster bar ocean view italian restaurant beach vendors hotel restaurant open air north side beach chairs great beach all inclusive plan felt very safe all inclusive option our waiter great vacation other resorts
Reviewed 29 January 2016

I visited the Hotel Playa Mazatlán three times in 2015. The Hotel is beautiful and the staff is very friendly. My Deluxe Ocean View room had a wrap around balcony and may be the closest to the beach of any room in Mazatlán. I will return in March and am looking forward to dining at all the great restaurants located on the property. I'm counting the days until I return!

Room Tip: Call the Hotel and the staff is more than happy to assist.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank parexcursion
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2016

Dear valued guest,
I am thrilled to hear of your experience while visiting the resort, and I am touched by you notating us as the place you always visit. I hope that we have the opportunity to receive you and yours again in the future.

Reviewed 28 January 2016

Right on the beach, best location, easy access to everything. Lots of wonderful staff to help and entertain and keep the hotel exceptionally clean. So much to do right at the hotel, including huge restaurant, bars, food on the beach, several pools, and places and activities for kids, even a day care. And now a new area that teenagers are going to love. I participated in several of their activities including daily stretch. One of the activities was a history tour of the property with the Activities Director Sergio and Aaron. They gave us a great tour and I loved seeing and hearing how it all began. Very interesting. And Sergio was especially helpful. I feel so at home here, and well taken care of. The people are so nice, the hotel beautiful, great restaurant, I can't say enough about how much I like it here. Thank you Bernetta (I loved meeting you, you have been so kind and welcoming), and Sergio, Aaron, David, Julio, and all the rest!Right on the beach, best location, easy access to everything. Lots of wonderful staff to help and entertain and keep the hotel exceptionally clean. So much to do right at the hotel, including huge restaurant, bars, food on the beach, several pools, and places and activities for kids, even a day care. And now a new area that teenagers are going to love. I participated in several of their activities including daily stretch. One of the activities was a history tour of the property with the Activities Director Sergio and Aaron. They gave us a great tour and I loved seeing and hearing how it all began. Very interesting. And Sergio was especially helpful. I feel so at home here, and well taken care of. The people are so nice, the hotel beautiful, great restaurant, I can't say enough about how much I like it here. Thank you Bernetta (I loved meeting you, you have been so kind and welcoming), and Sergio, Aaron, David, Julio, and all the rest!

Stayed: January 2016
2  Thank pat555too

Dear valued guest (pat555too)
I am touched to hear of your experience while on property, I am glad to hear that you were able to take in many of the activities in and around the hotel, as well as getting to meet Grandma, she is an amazing person and true pioneer to this industry. I hope I have the opportunity to meet you again in the near future, I will make sure to pass on your comments to Sergio and his team.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

The secret weapon of this hotel is their staff. They are very helpful, attentive, and friendly. My octogenarian Canadian friends go every December, and love it. They have made friends with the staff over the years. My suggestion would center on the all inclusive menu; Mazatlan is known for their amazing sea food, but I didn't see much sea food on the buffet. Also the salad bar is lacking in variety. On a positive note, the Italian restaurant is great.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms have nice balconies, you can watch the sunsets.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank JODENE2016
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2016

Dear valued guest (JODENE2016)
We truly appreciate you noting the most valuable part of our business, which is our staff, I feel blesses to work with all of them and honored to know that many of them have worked with us for longer that I have been alive and have multiple generations of their family members working here. Please note that the all inclusive buffet varies daily and offers the Seafood buffet option often, as well as always maintaining one or two fish/shrimp options as one of the main proteins. I am sorry to hear we were unable to meet your expectation on this area, and note that all ideas and direction is considered when establishing our menus. it is our goal to always exceed the expectations of our clients.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

We really enjoyed the atmosphere here, kind of casual but dignified. We also enjoyed the fact that the hotel's clientele seemed to be international. There were a fair number of Mexican tourists taking their vacations, and some others who appeared to be from around the globe.

The location is hard to beat. You can set out on a walk north and find shopping for tacky souvenirs or fine jewelry. Also countless restaurants, where you can get breakfast for the equivalent of $3 to $5, lunch or dinner for $5 to $8. Head south from here and there isn't so much in the way of shopping and restaurants nearby, but it isn't far to the malecon (boardwalk), where you can walk for 3 miles into town if you want.

A couple of downers were the beds and the beach.

Let's face it: we're here to relax, and the beds were pretty hard. My wife likes a firm mattress, but even she found it hard. I've read positive reports on Playa Mazatlan's beds, but ours (in an oceanview room) were not conducive to a good night's sleep.

The beach was a major disappointment. It looked nothing like the pics on Playa Mazatlan's website, because most of the sand has eroded and a seawall has been built to hold onto what little is left. In the end, there was some sand at low tide, but it was wet from the last high tide, not dry and fluffy like you want your vacation sand to be. I'm not blaming anyone for the forces of nature, but vacationers need to know before they book that the pictures online do not accurately reflect the beach.

This is definitely a family resort, and even though we're in our mid-60s I found it enjoyable to see all the kids having fun around the pools or in the game room off the main restaurant. I'm sure we'll return to Mazatlan sometime, and we'll certainly consider this hotel.

Jim

Room Tip: Ask for the north end. People at the south end complained of late-night noise.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest, (Jim M)
I am thrilled to hear that we have earned to honor of hosting your stay and potential future visit. I am glad to hear that you had the opportunity to experience the hotel and out various amenities. As for the beds, please note that the majority of our rooms, have been remodeled to offer a less firm mattress as well as changed bases. Perhaps you stayed in one of our rooms that we have not yet changed the concrete base to, please note that we will continue to work on updating and upgrading all of these rooming options, note that in the case of all of our Deluxe and above rooms, this option has been updated, and this will perhaps offer a better suited choice for your needs. The issue with the beach is a re-occurring natural phenomena, it happens to a similar degree annually with the change of tides yet not so drastic, and even heavier every 9 years. We are not sure why this is the period that has been set by nature, but it is for this reason that we have built the retention wall to maintain a beach year round. You might be able to see some of the pictures over the last 60 years on various times of the year on our site, where you will see that the beach will on average stay between 100-200ft to the more drastic year, where we maintain a 50-200 ft tide. I would be happy to be of service personally in reviewing not only the rooming options but the expected tides at any point in time, so please do not hesitate to contact us when you are ready.
best wishes and safe travels,
LT VEINT

Reviewed 24 January 2016

One of the nicest beaches in Mazatlan in front of this hotel. The rooms are clean with great service. You get a great view from any room wether it's an ocean view or not. Lots of places to sit and relax on the beach and the waiters will come to you.

Room Tip: Ocean views are nice
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sparrow2027
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2016

Dear valued guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about our location and service, we are thrilled to hear that we were able to meet your expectations, I hope we have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the near future.