Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$104
Azteca Inn(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$42
El Cid Granada Country Club(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$114
  • Pool
US$143
US$71
BestDay.com
US$96
US$85
Best Western Posada Freeman(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$77
Blue Pacific Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$34
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$38/night.

US$49
US$646
US$560
  • Pool
2,047 results
All reviewscasa robertogolden zonejoe's oyster barocean viewshrimp factoryzip lineitalian restaurantbeach servicebeach areabeach vendorshotel restaurantmexican fiestaopen airmain poolnorth sidecommon areasgreat beach
Reviewed 9 May 2009

If you are looking for an uncomplicated and restful place, this is the best. Stunning views, great staff, great service. Yes, the rooms are a little faded but for the price, you can't beat the ocean front rooms, the beautiful beach and location in the Golden Zone with a variety of shops and restaurants nearby. If you are looking for lodging that's chic and/or hip, this is not for you. I was there when there weren't as many guests so it was much quieter. Would highly recommend staying at the Playa and will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank masapa
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Manager at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2010

To whom it may concern (masapa),

Thank you so much for your visit to the Hotel last spring. I am glad to hear that you where well received by our staff and found the beaches and views welcoming, I would as well like to thank you for the recommendation of the Hotel itself; as a member of the family of owners and management staff, I would like to as invite further reviews and would be curious to personally hear more about your stay and vocational needs and expectations, I would love to personally offer service in selecting a room that might still fit your budget while allowing for a more “chic/hip” stay at our Resort. I would invite you to please contact me directly.

I again thank you for your time and review, as well as look forward to your continued travels to our facilities.

Regards,

MEX: 01 800 716 9567
USA: 1 800 762 5816
CANADA: 1 866 547 5447

Reviewed 16 April 2009

I just got back from my vacation to Mazatlan and we had the joy of staying at the Playa. When we first came into the room did think it was a little plain but functional and clean. We had a coffee machine (which we never used anyways because we would be down at the beach by 8) no fridge but we had a cooler and you can get free ice downstairs at the bar so it worked out well, and for $10 a day you can rent a fridge. Near lots of restaurants, shops, bars, perfect location. Beach is beautiful and Alfredo the beach waiter is awesome, from 8am coffee Happy Hour Beer Buckets he hooked us up, tip this man well cause he works hard. Never really swam in the pools but they looked lovely, one of which I didnt even see until 5 days into the stay because the grounds are pretty big. Roman at the Pool Side Snack shop is a delight to talk to, very freindly staff all round. The open air Lobby with the big wooden rocking chairs was awesome to just have a sit and wait , people watch. Because of all the stone and tile it can be a little loud if people are in the hall ways, our shower leaked a little and the toilet broke but they fixed it with in hours of me telling them (and prob would have been sooner but I asked them to hold off because ppl were sleeping in the room)
When I go back to Mazatlan I will be staying at the Playa for sure.

• Stayed: March 2009

To whom it may concern (traveladdict709 & company),

Thank you so much for your kind words about our resort and staff; as a member of the family of owners and management staff, I will personally thank Alfredo for his hard work and continued dedication, as well as make mention to Roman about his kind poolside manor. I am glad to hear that all of your needs where met and issues were resolved promptly. I can definitely say that service and hospitality is one of the strengths that the Hotel has built its reputation on, and hearing that it continues after 50+ years of service is wonderful. I would love to offer my service in selecting a room that will “exceed” your expectations next time that you stay and would ask that you feel free to contact me direct , also we are in the process of building an e-album of guests of the Playa and we would love to feature some of your vacation memories, if possible, send me some pictures direct.

We look forward to being of service soon and again thank you for your time, review and prompt reply.

Regards,

MEX: 01 800 716 9567
USA: 1 800 762 5816
CANADA: 1 866 547 5447

Reviewed 5 April 2009

This was my first trip to Mazatlan and really didn't know what to expect with the hotel. It was perfect!! The whole room was nice and clean, not to mention a nice size. We faced the main pool, which wasn't too bad. The sheets on the bed were a little rough especially when you have a sunburn, but overall I found the bed pretty comfortable. The hotel staff were all very friendly.
Only thing I missed was having a fridge in the room. Next time I will get a cooler for the room.
I cannot wait to go back next year and I will be definatly staying at the Playa!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2009

The Playa is a fabulous hotel in heart of the golden zone. It is clean and has all the amenities that you could want. I stayed in the economy room which was nice...I would pay more for an oceanview next time..Nonetheless It met my needs and it is a good place to call home. David the bellboy is fabulous and accomodating we asked for a fridge and he was back in 5 minutes with one..( it cost extra but was nice to have)
Lupita is the concierge she has information on things like massges etc.. She used to work for signature..The beach is great and all the fabulous restaurants nearby are great!!Panchos, Shrimp factory Jungle Juice, Panama are all close! by... The restaurant in the hotel is good too..Went to the fiest a this year ,it was good interesting to see..This hotel is a good clean place to stay it has an awesome beach. What more could you ask for??

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2009

I love this place! Absolutely beautiful location, right on the beach with a great view, and you can conveniently walk to restaurants, shopping, the American and Canadian consular agencies, and so on. Several pools onsite and they all appear to be extremely well maintained. The breakfast buffet is very good (although, as you might expect, quite a bit more than what you’d pay at any of the nearby restaurants). The rooms are clean and well maintained, although the beds are a bit hard, which might not be comfortable for everybody. The one downside is a big one—if you have a room facing the beach, you will be kept awake until 2 AM by the music from the restaurant. Guaranteed. My advice is to enjoy the view while having breakfast or walking on the beach, and enjoy the room by asking for a garden view. I would not consider staying anywhere else in Mazatlan; this place is great!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business