2,102 results
All reviewscasa robertogolden zonejoe's oyster barocean viewshrimp factoryzip lineitalian restaurantbeach servicebeach vendorshotel restaurantopen airmain poolnorth sidebeach chairsgreat beachall inclusive plancleaning staff
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My 7 yr old grandson and I stayed for a week last Thanksgiving for the second time. Authentic Mexican experience, great staff, very best beach, delicious food; what more could you ask for? Ocean view rooms in tower are absolutely amazing! Our #1 choice of all resorts in, Mazatlan! We shall return next Thanksgiving vacation! Hope to see you there; you won't regret your choice! Thank you Hotel Playa Mazatlan for the unforgetable vacations!

• Stayed: November 2013
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear valued guest (ImissMaz)
Thank you for your promise of continued support, and enthusiasm towards our brand, it is a pleasure to hear that we were able to accommodate both you and your grandsons desires. It is thrilling to hear about what we call generational travel. Our family has been managing and maintaining the property for 4 generations now, and we look for sutainable tourism by creating amenities that appeal to all members of a family. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service in planning your next visit.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

First trip to Mazatlan and first time @ Playa Mazatlan in November 2013 for 2 weeks. What a great hotel and Beach!! Just as my friend/traveling companion said it would be, but more!! Staff was incredible, hard-working, and friendly. Food was so good, that I look @ my pics all the time, mouth watering.Layout of hotel was fascinating, as everyday I found a new niche! Best Beach in all of Mazatlan, right at your feet, your vision, and at breakfast,lunch @ dinner. My balcony view was spectacular. Hard to compare any beach hotel with Playa. Will certainly return. Great value too!! Thanks for a great vacation.

Room Tip: All rooms near tower on first floor had that spectacular view. Third floor tower room facing ocean was huge.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear valued guest (ometwin)
We are thrilled to hear that we impacted your opinion of Mazatlan in such a positive fashion, as I tell all my guest that the only insecurity that you will go through while you are here is whether or not you want to go back home. It is always a pleasure to hear that we have earned the right to have our guest visit again. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of personal service in setting up your next visit.

Best Wishes and safe travels,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for years, and I have stayed at other hotels in Mazatlan previously. There is no comparison! All the staff are always working hard to make our experience the best. The hotel is incredibly clean, the food is fresh and delicious, and the service is personal--they remember you from the year before! The hotel is located in the middle of all the fun, and it is right on the ocean. It is a quiet place to stay, never any trouble, even when it is fully occupied. The decor is authentically Mexican--you get the feel of the history and the culture. The evening live show has traditional music and dance that you enjoy while eating most tasty authentic Mexican food. I am instantly transported to paradise every time I come to the Playa.

Room Tip: The ocean view is beautiful--well worth the little extra charge.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear valued guest,

We are honored by your continued loyalty to our brand, resort and destination. It is a pleasure to hear that after so many years and visits, we are still able to impact your stay and offer you quality service and new amenities. We hope that your next visit is planned already and if not we would love to be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me direct if I can help.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I traveled to Mazatlan for the first time in February with a group of friends who had been coming to Hotel Playa for years. We were on the first floor with direct access to the beach. I was impressed by the bi-lingual staff at checkin who were very friendly and patient with our questions. I truly enjoyed the wait staff on the beach, in the restaurant and poolside. Customer service can make or break a vacation, and the staff members are the reason we will go back again. This resort is really clean! They were constantly mopping the tiles and sweeping the sand off the walkways, and the beach was beautiful - every day combed and cleaned. I liked that the resort was security conscious and would give truthful advice on where and when you should go to certain places. The location is perfect - easy to walk to a diverse selection of restaurants/bars and shopping. Lots of options for transportation to get you to/from any location. There were many scheduled activities throughout the day for guests of all ages and plenty to do at the resort if you didn't want to leave. I was impressed by the visibility of management every day and the interaction with the guests. We also witnessed a medical emergency on the beach and Hotel Playa staff responded immediately and secured the proper assistance with professionalism and confidentiality. Overall our visit was fantastic. We will visit again and bring our children and that says it all! Thank you to Lance and all of the staff for a wonderful vacation - see you again soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear valued guest,
We truly appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about our property and your experience while you were here. It is always exciting to hear about new guest visiting us, and promising a prompt return. We will look forward to serving you. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

25 years same hotel, great staff, very good service. I love the friendliness and the fact that the staff remember you from year to year and will go out of their way to help you. I love the fact that it is not one of those big skyscrapers but rather has the feel of a Mexican Hacienda. The mattresses in the rooms could be a little more comfortable, but actually not bad. The outside beach chairs are a bit hard, but with a pillow it's quite a bit better. Jacqueline and her little band were fantastic, the new singer is not that great and needs to learn to dress with a little more class.
The music is really too loud. Also the music at the beach that comes at the end of the day is really quite awful and much too loud as you are peacefully trying to take in the end of the day and a beautiful sunset even from your ocean front balcony. But all in all, I consider Playa Mazatlan the best hotel in Mazatlan, nicely located and would not stay anywhere else. I enjoy that Management always has time for you and make themselves available to you. The Playa Beach is always nice and clean. I really like some of the new activities made available, such as the Yoga stretching classes. It would be nice to have some Spanish classes added also and maybe some Salsa dancing classes. One of the most important thing for me is that I always feel very safe on the property and I look forward to continuing on returning for a yearly month long visit for many years yet. Lance, you are doing a fabulous job. Two of your most appreciated employees are Elizabeth, the concierge and Jesus in your dining room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travel472014
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear valued guest,
I truly appreciate you taking the time to post your comments, and let us know what is working, what we can keep working on, and what has fallen out of sync. We will continue to strive for excellence in service and the ability to create unforgettable memories. It is an honor to know that we have been able to serve you for 25 years, and we will continue to be your hotel of choice when coming back home to Mazatlan. We are working on a couple potential solutions for both the beds and the beach chairs, maybe they will be in place by the next time you visit. As for the music coming from the beach, we have been in a constant communication with the Mayor so that better guidelines may be established for both the hours in which they play, the locations in which they play and the decivels of their music, but as you know the federal land is not regulated by the hotel, all we can do is work within the guidelines that we are given. Thank you for your personal comments to myself and the rest of the staff. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service to you personally.