All reviews sea view maid pros cons pool
Reviewed 27 July 2017

I specifically chose this place because it was across the beach ,had ocean view, and free wifi. we booked a three night stay, during the entire duration the wifi was down supposedly. In order for you to watch tv or use the safe you have to leave a deposit, stupid I didn't feel like doing that. The room was hot and the sheets were muggy when we first arrived. Do not open the closet, it smells. The second night we made sure the little window in the bathroom was closed, we think that is why the room and sheets felt gross. The sheets were okay, soft but the pillows way too small. The sheets had stains on them but I left it like that, I was too tired to deal with anything. The girls in the front desk were nice but when I went down the next day about the breakfast they seemed clueless. I didn't call myself about the complimentary breakfast, they did. So the confusion annoyed me a bit. Other than that, I never used the pool- it looked cloudy. The beach they have access to was dirty, garbage everywhere. The maids are loud in the morning cleaning the other rooms. In the end, it is a good nights stay, clean room, just wish we had a better experience.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gezidaima
Reviewed 17 May 2017

We stay at this hotel annually in May or June each year. PROS: Location is great (in front of the ocean), nice clean large rooms, nice rooftop pool. Price is very good if you book online on Orbitz or HOTEL.COM.
CONS: Worst pillows and beds you will find. Restaurant food quality is going south fast. WIFI is not good. Cuts out all day and night. Very Frustrating! Also Loud Music early in the morning on occasion on Mother's Day. Also car alarms go off every other morning around 6 am.

Room Tip: Book online at Orbitz or another online site. Price is half the Rack Rate at the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank greggC3200ER
Reviewed 27 March 2017

I only stayed for 1 night , in that time of stay. I could say the hotel is nice enough , very modern design, but it stops there.
I feel management came from a 3 star hotel to run this place. It shouldn't be so mistreated, the hotel was recently built but it already feels 15-20 years old. bathroom wall had cracks, water and calcium stains. the water pressure was good, but get very humid since there is no exhaust fan and the window to the exterior is small.
I believe this hotel could be on the high ranking of hotels in Mazatlan but it needs to be managed with that goal.

(they charge $200 tv remote deposit, but is not for the screen in reality is for the Cable box, meaning that if you dont pay the deposit means no tv at all.)

Room Tip: avoid low-mid level floors
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

The people at the front desk can be a little more friendly. I couldn't get a smile out of them. Our room was on the 3rd floor standard 2 bed no balcony. The room was a good size and clean. Our TV didn't work so they changed it for another. It was kinda old school but it did the job and entertained my son. We we're there for 2 days and really only slept there. The pool is small but had a view of the ocean. Their were a bunch of young couples "hanging out" but we've all been young so I won't judge. it was a lil awkward trying to have family time with our son while on every corner a couple was making out. If the pool area was bigger it wouldn't be so bad. All in all I thought it was an ok place to stay for the price we paid.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jndh
Reviewed 21 September 2015

Such an odd hotel. After great service at hotel's half the price no one cared if we coming or going. The bed was squishy and the sheets firm. The gym has water damage and the equipment has not been maintained. They had a few good reviews in 2009. So what's up. Are they laundering money?

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends