“Excellent food service and music in wonderful setting ”
Review of la Fabula

la Fabula
Ranked #111 of 438 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Description: FOOD + BOOKS + BEER. We are a restaurant and bar with lots of books on offer for you. Our food is international with a touch of Mexico. We are open all day waiting for you and serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Spent a chilled Saturday night here with friends food was insanely good the shrimp burger and wings are to die for!!!!

Service was exceptional and the whole place had a groovy vibe with excellent t music and beer

Massively recommend

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Being in this restaurant with my wife and son tonight was like being a character in some kind of 1930's film noire... or more specifically, the classic movie "Casablanca." Imagine strolling through Mazatlan in the sweltering August heat; 90 degrees; 90% humidity, and coming upon an ancient art deco building on a not-so-busy corner, and finding out that it is a small cafe set along the tropic of cancer and packed with unique characters.

The idea of a restaurant with bookshelves full of classic and current literature encourages lingering, enjoying the atmosphere, and just hanging out. It's not exactly a coffee house vibe or like a library - but a very cool place to read a book, enjoy a meal, and hang out with your friends.

We met expats from Switzerland, England, the U.S. and Canada, as well as a retired diplomat and a film crew from Mexico City and the U.S. shooting an Edward James Olmos film here in Mazatlan.

My wife wanted a burger. What she got was described to me as "The best burger I've had in Mazatlan, bar none." With ten years and many burgers under our belts... that is quite a statement.

My son, being four years old, had a very basic requirement: Chicken nuggets and french fries. He got them. He LOVED the nuggets (which were actually fresh, thin-sliced chicken breast). He told me the fries had "too much spices" - which for us adults is a ringing endorsement. I ate most of his fries.

Finally... I had what stands out as one of the most perfectly spiced, beautifully presented grilled octopus dishes imaginable. It is not an exaggeration to say that octopus is probably my favorite food. When in Mazatlan or Italy, I eat it an average of three to five times a week. I have had it every way imaginable: Grilled, fried, sauteed, boiled, carpaccio, batter dipped, it's a very long list. BUT - none have done it as well or as perfectly as La Fabula.

I keep telling myself I'm going to try something else on the menu... and I have if you include my son's french fries and chicken nuggets. But I mean I will someday order something else, but only when they tell me they're out of octopus.

Last, but certainly not least, the LIVE MUSIC was incredibly entertaining. Two local artists, blues singer Rubye Hinton and master guitarist Nacho have a duo that is unparalleled in this city. The volume was perfect... you could enjoy table conversation, while the music was in the background setting the perfect mood.

Rubye is a talented singer who feels each word of classic blues songs from the 1920's to today. Rubye's energy, and soulful performance mixes with Nacho's amazing style and amazing solos truly transport the audience to another time and place.

We cannot wait to return to this magical restaurant and be transported once again to another time and place.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

I've eaten here with friends for breakfast and enjoyed it but they outdid themselves tonight with the pulpo and battered shrimp my husband said was the best he's had. Sorry we didn't experience this place after dark sooner. 10/10