Azteca Inn(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$101
US$148
US$144
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$188
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$143
US$139
Best Western Posada Freeman(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$121
US$113
Bungalows Mar-Sol(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$97
Blue Pacific Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$50
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
3,531 results
All reviewssports barasian restaurantjacuzzi suiteliquor dispenserocean viewbuffet styleevery other daygolden zonestrip mallmain buffeta la cartestowel cardsdouble sinksspecialty restaurantssunwing replower floorlunch buffet
Reviewed 6 May 2010

Us three middle aged white guys traveled to Mazatlan Week of April 26 for some deep sea fishing. The hotel was very much indicative of the past reviews. True, the food and beverages were mostly buffet style, but overall they were pretty good. True, there were plenty of Mexican families staying there, but they were no problem and overall beautiful people. True, the staff was incredible and worked for you. True the entertainment was a bit corny, but hell, you're in MEXICO for crying out loud. We would go back and we will!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank cudrow
Reviewed 1 May 2010

This resort was over run with Mexican families and their children. Families were rude and let the children run wild. Children were in all pools including the swim up pool bar they did not wear diapers and at one point the child was urinating directly in the pool.
Sergio and Edgar were the bartenders in the lobby bar and were the only highlight of the trip, this was the only place we could go to relax and enjoy a drink. Food was geared towards the locals and was fair quality,

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2010

We arrived last Saturday at 3 and was met immediately by staff members. Check In process was quick and efficient. Rooms were very tidy and clean. Ocean view from all sides. Edgar at the Lobby Bar was always pleasant and eager to serve you any drink you wanted. My teenage adults enjoyed his company and cocktail expertise nightly. Went to each specialty restaurant and I enjoyed the Asian Bamboo the best. The chicken skewers were very tasty with flavor. Mexican Tabasco was just alright and the Steakhouse was decent. Overall it was awesome

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank rere1163
Reviewed 1 May 2010

My wife, 4 year old son, 6 year old daughter, and I stayed at the Riu Emerald Bay from April 21-25. Initially I thought we would not have enough time, since most people stay for a week or longer, but if you plan on just staying in the hotel and not venturing out into town, 5 days is perfect. We booked our trip through Alaska Airlines Vacations and booked a triple room with roundtrip transfers. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a delicious fruit drink by Roberto and the check-in process was quick and easy. Our room was on the 8th floor, not too bad considering the apparent elevator issue. We decided to take our own bags up and thankfully, quickly got on an elevator. The elevators are very small and confined, hence the elevator issue. I think the maximum capacity is 10, that’s with no bags.

The room was nice and big. As previously mentioned, we booked a triple room with one king and one double. I even liked the tiled floors throughout. Yes the humidity made things a bit slippery, but with 2 kids who spill anything and everything, cleanup-up was always a breeze. The view from the room was amazing and hearing the waves made me very happy. The beds are hard, not rock hard because they do have a little give. My wife brought her pillow from home which she said helped a little. The alcohol in the dispensers did taste like kerosene; however, while I did not try the gin, the rum grew on me. The mini-fridge was stocked with beers, sodas and water, and we never had an issue with running out of drinks. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom and I loved the double-sinks and the space.

The activities and the pools were a lot of fun. The event staff did a wonderful job. I was prepared for all of the kids by reading previous reviews, but in all honesty, it was never a problem. It is a family oriented resort, so there are bound to be children. We were lucky enough to have the same seats for three days in a row by one of the pools and the pool the seats were near was almost always empty, so that was nice. The ocean was great. Were the waves rough? Heck yea, but my daughter and I played in water on several occasions and had a blast. I even got to boogie board a little and caught some great waves. The only downside is that I saw a few little blue jellyfish in the water, probably no bigger than a silver dollar.

So now we come to the more negative part of the review, the food. The bottom line is this, either you are going to like the food, or you are not. After going through the buffet once, I knew what I liked and didn’t like, and usually there was always something new for me to try. That went for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We ate at both Tabasco and Bamboo, and afterwards chose Bamboo over Tabasco. The food off of the menu at Tabasco was overcooked; however the food on the buffet was great. At Bamboo, the food off the menu was a little salty but good, and the food on the buffet was good. So just make sure you go in with an open mind and everything will be fine.

The nightly entertainment was fun if not a little cheesy. Our kids loved the Riuland kids show at 8:30p.m., and one night, both my daughter and son were in the top 3 of the kids game they play on stage. Needless to say I got a little loud cheering them on, but it was a blast. The Riu dancers will never make it on “So you think you can dance,” but they gave it their all every night and that is to be commended albeit my wife and I exchanged looks every night especially during the numerous wardrobe malfunctions. Now we know why the dance performances are considered “adult shows” LOL.

We will go to the Riu Emerald Bay again. The staff was great, the facilities were beautiful, the weather was absolutely gorgeous, and the topper is that we met a very nice family from Canada that we hope to stay in touch with and travel with!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank USCfan30
Reviewed 30 April 2010

First off, I would like to say how much our group of 23 enjoyed our stay at the Riu Emerald Bay in Mazatlan.

On arrival, it was an easy check-in process for most. We had requested to have all our rooms together on the same floor, but some were not, but never seemed to be an issue for anyone, as much time as you spend in our rooms; it did not cause any issues.

Over the weekend, the resort was much busier than through the week and it was noticed that the staff cater more to their own native Mexican guests which they seem to stay more on the weekends. Through the week, the staff was very accommodating to all of us.

Throughout the week we enjoyed all three of the a la cartes, which were all great. The evening of our night at the steak house, I had left my camera case on a table outside the restaurant area. When I remembered that I left it, it of course of was gone. I spoke to both maître D’s at the steak house and the buffet area, which both had told me that all lost items are to be turned in at the front desk. As I went to the front desk to get a new room key, the Maître D from the buffet and a security guard arrived with my camera case. With much relief, I showed my appreciation to him. Also, another couple from group had a beach game they had brought from home accidentally thrown in the garbage and the staff was good enough to search through and found the game and it was returned to the guests.

I just want to pass on kudos to 2 of the staff members who treated our group like they had known us for years... Hilda in the buffet - amazing lady!!! and Jorge in swim up and entertainment bar area - these 2 should be up for staff awards.....

We also took in eating down the beach at Mr. Lionis (orange building) - great seafood meals. Highly recommended to anyone. Very reasonable prices also - 2 for 1 drinks and the servings are huge, you may want to share. For a couple the cost was $37 USD which included 4 drinks and 2 seafood meals. They also have a zip line tour organized out of this restaurant - this is also highly recommended. For a reasonable price, part of our group took a day and we all enjoyed it, check it out. Cheaper than through the other tour companies.

RIU Management should be proud of this resort. We look forward to another vacation at another RIU All Inclusive Resort in our near future.

• Stayed: April 2010