AV Inn Hotel(Mazatlan)
Azteca Inn(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$148
US$144
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$188
US$143
US$139
Best Western Posada Freeman(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$121
US$113
Apartamentos Torre II Condominios(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$72
Orbitz.com
Blue Pacific Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$50
  • Restaurant
US$53
US$1,094
US$875
Bookit.com
  • Pool
3,531 results
All reviewssports barasian restaurantjacuzzi suiteliquor dispenserocean viewbuffet styleevery other daygolden zonestrip mallmain buffeta la cartestowel cardsdouble sinksspecialty restaurantssunwing replower floorlunch buffet
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We just came back from a one week stay at the resort and we're very disappointed. We have been to about half dozen other all inclusive such as Cabo cancun varadero and punta Cana and this one was our least favorite one. Everything that is said below is true. This hotel is nowhere near a 5 star but more of a 3 on a good day when it's not full of locals. This hotel primarily caters to locals and right now I am not even sure why sunwinng offers this package. All announcements are in Spanish and majority of staff struggles to speak English. Elevator waits can be pretty bad when the locals are in the hotel Thursday to Sunday. Food is the worst we had in an all inclusive. It's heavily recycled and they only change one item a day which they then cook up on the third day and serve again. Some dishes they didn't even bother to warm up. There was no decent seafood which was a bit of a shocker for me. There is no poolside service and the nightly entertainment was pathetic. Most of the staff were friendly and the building was well maintained but that's about all the positive I can say. So spend your money elsewhere and go to another hotel. If you still want to book this hotel keep in mind that it's a 3star hotel on a good day and that's Mexican standards. Oh and kids are in every pool screaming and jumping around so forget about a relaxing swim. All the Canadians were hanging out at the beach where it was quiet.

Room Tip: Stay below 4th floor you will still have a decent view and you can use the stairs and don't have to wait for an elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank VSES
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I booked a week with Sunwing vacation packages for December of 2011 staing at the Rui Emerald Bay in Mazatlan. The hotel was obviously new and absolutely beautiful. The service was incredible and the rooms were very very clean. However, two reasons why I would not return....

1) THE BEDS are as hard as a rock. I don't mean lumpy or uncomfortable....I mean as hard as a rock. Every morning I woke up with lower back pain and a sore neck. I tried bunching the covers up and sleeping on top of them. I also tried to sleep on the pillows but unfortunately I was like the princess and the pea- the hard bed was felt right through the covers and pillows.

2) THE SWMMING POOLS were ice cold. It was Mazatlan in December- the pacific side on the coast of northern Mexico; it was chilly at night and in the morning. During the day the temperature was nice. But the pools were ice cold - not heated at all. Everyone tried to go into the pool but it was like walking into ice water.....and it didn't warm up at all nor did your body become accustomed to it.

All in all....gorgeous hotel. The staff were very welcoming and kind. If they fixed the beds and the pool temperature I would definitely recommend but if not then I would suggest another hotel somewhere further south (in the winter) that has a heated pool for the winter.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank DaisyGirl19761
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Warning. Not like the rest of the RIU’s I have visited. I went from Oct. 24th – 29th and was disappointed. Tourism is down due to Cruise Ships stopped coming and the Canadian’s boycotted the hotel so they must to do a local promotion because on Thursday through Sunday, local people buss in and over run the hotel. Four nice pools, with kids in everyone of them, some with bathing suit and others in plain clothes, all pools are like bar pool with smoking in them, straws floating around, no class. Be prepared for people who don’t recognize a line, they just cut right in front of each other. Two, other disappointments were that Bar tenders didn’t speak English well enough to know cranberry and there were no runner bring drinks to customers. Good things were: Hotel Staff was courteous, bed were soft for Mexico, HVAC worked, food was good. My wife and I are in our forties and like to party as well as relax, so this warning isn’t coming from an uptight traveler. I have visited RIU’s in Bahamas and Puerto Vallarta. I will go back to those locations but will not return to Mazatlan. For the same monies I could have went to Cabo and maybe you should consider that too. Remember, Weds we arrived very quiet, Thursday – Sunday was 1500 people at hotel and only 8 were American, Monday back to quiet. Be well and safe in your travels.

Room Tip: Cleaniness was low because of Pool management and hotel not having any rules. I would recommend 2nd floor so you wont have to deal with the elevators and having to fight with the locals for a spot
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Clint K
Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

This place is like an up scale Holliday inn. But all inclusive. The only beer they serve is dosXX draught. Unless they put something else in the room mini bar. The mini bar has the cheapest selection ever the only decent liquor was Jose Cuervo and even that's cheap. The other were blue ice gin, spiced rum, and vodka which tasted horrible. All the "inclusive" food as ok but nothing great. At any given time you can hear people either in the room above or next door having sex. Kids running around. Elevators are always slow on my check out date it took me 23min. To catch an elevators suuuupppper slow. Mini bar is refilled every 2days I stayed 5days and it was never refilled. I asked if they could refill and said yes but never was. I also needed to exchange US dollars for Mexican currency. I went to the front desk and was told they didn't do currency exchange I asked why do they do Canadian currency. (there a sign posted on reception desk) she said don't know. Which I respond how is Canadian currency better than US? Overall won't stay there again. Try CID or don quijote

• Stayed: September 2012
6  Thank diaza49509
Reviewed 16 October 2012

A beautiful property with amazing views. And a wonderfully helpful friendly staff! Remember the resort is all inclusive. So I wouldn't expect to find Grey goose or Don Julio at the bars.The food in the restaurants was fine but in the evening instead of the buffets or specialty rooms we would walk or take a cab to the Playa Bruja seafood restaurant.just about a half mile down the beach.The food and service there was well worth spending the money even if food at the hotel is free. we also bought our excursions at the playa bruja rest from a gentleman named "Skipo".He actually accompanied us on the zipline tour that we bought from him.The ziplines were the best part of our trip!! We are already looking forward to returning next year. We plan to stay at the RIU next year again! One tip I have is leave your cash in the bank. and take out pesos. when you arrive in Mexico. Most vendors want to convert at 10 pesos for a dollar when the true rate is 13 to 1. so pay with peso and you will get more bang for the buck.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple