Holiday Inn Express Manzanillo(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$66
Dolphin Cove Inn(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$81
Tesoro Manzanillo(Manzanillo)
US$147
US$143
  • Pool
Las Hadas By Brisas(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$115
  • Pool
City Express Manzanillo(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$58
Mar Celeste(Manzanillo)
US$176
US$157
Hotel Marbella(Manzanillo)
US$48
US$47
Hotel La Posada(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$38
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$44/night.

Hotel Villas Los Angeles(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$75
All reviewsclub maevawater slidesbedroom villamexican resortbarra de navidadan adultnightly entertainmentbody surfingzip lininga la cartean umbrellanew friendsstar resortwaterslidestennisshowssand
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I was invited to a wedding at this hotel.
According to the person that coordinated the wedding and rooms, the hotel messed up everyone's reservations.
He requested double beds for the single people. Single beds for the couple's, and rooms near the main pool for the seniors like my 85 year old grandma and her 90 year old cousin. The hotel did all the reservations backwards. The old people got rooms all the way at the end of the hotel.

HOTEL: The hotel is big and you have to go up lots of stairs to get to the rooms.
My room was okay. Outdated but fine, the AC didn't work though. I found out an upgrade to a villa was only $18.00 a night, so i upgraded immediately. The villas are closer to the pools restaurants and bars.

POOLS:The pools are nice and clean. They keep the hotel clean for the most part. It is old and needs a lot of updates, but I think it's a good affordable place for a family. Uh! There is an adults only pool with its own bar. It was very clean, not a lot of people, quiet and the bar service is quick!

ROOMS: My villa had a bedroom, living room, kitchen and small dinning room with a balcony. Good size. I slept in the living room my grandma slept in the bed since the room she was assigned was too far for her to get to and the hotel refused to switch her because they were at capacity for the weekend. So if you had to fit a family of 4-5 people you should pick a villa.

FOOD: I only ate at the restaurants near the main pool, and it was okay. Good variety but not very tasty. Luckly there's restaurants need by on the beach they sell good food for cheap.

BEACH: It is far away, across the road. But they have a bridge/overpass for guest only, so you can cross safely. The beach its self is clean, a bit choppy, not super safe to swim, but there is no rocks hirting your feet so thats nice. Lots of vendor, that can be good and bad. Good when you want a snack, bad because you are saying "no grasias" every 10 minutes. There is a bar right before the beach but it takes 20 min to get a drink. So I just bought drinks from the place next door.

SHOWS: they were entertaining but a bit too sexy for kids in my opinion.

Activities: they have waterslides and zip lines, activities in the pool. I did none of them but other people from the group did and they liked it.

Overall: this place is more for the near by locals and their families. I didn't see too many people from other countries just a small group of Canadians, and they mentioned they weren't super happy with the place.
I would not go back personally, unless it's for a big group event like the wedding I went to. But it is not as bad as other people have put it. Just book a villa and you should be fine.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Taimy R
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

This would be our second time staying at this resort, we were there for new year 2017 and came back January 2018, we had an amazing greeting from all the staff, the food was good and always hot, the drinks were spot on thanks to Christian who would go out of his way to make you happy. The entertainment was great thanks to the efforts of Zues Pina always full of energy and never disappoints. The beach was just a short walk over the bridge along with another restaurant and bar along the beach. Francisco Nieves was always around making sure all of the patrons were happy, we met some amazing people along the way and continue to maintain the relationships we made to this day. We also found an incredible tattoo artist right down the road, Brostar Tattoos (Issac) we will be back in 2019 for more fun and more ink. We miss our new friends.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2018

My family and I have travelled to Cuba and all over Mexico. This was our first time in Manzanillo, and we unfortunately spent our first 24 hours at Gran Festivall. It was the worst hotel we had ever stayed at. Not only was the room disgusting and the facility rundown, it also had no running water for the 24 hours we were there. We went to the front desk when we discovered that the toilets didn’t flush and the taps didn’t work, and were told that they had a broken water pump and would be fixed in 1 hour. Then the story changed to it would be fixed by midnight, and then the next morning we were told 2 pm. The story kept changing and the front desk was getting more rude the more times we asked how long until water would come back. We talked to others staying at the hotel and found out that the problem wasn’t a broken water pump, but the old owners of the resort didn’t pay the water bill and the new owners didn’t either. This led to the water being cut off. There was people bathing in the pool because the showers didn’t work, and they used their garbage bins from their room to collect water from the pool to flush the toilets. The next day a truck came around filling garbage barrels with water so we could flush our toilets. Silverware was changed to plastic because they couldn’t wash dishes, but the plates and glasses were still used even though they couldn’t be cleaned properly.

The property was dirty, so it was infested with raccoons and rats. Six raccoons roamed around and would eat the garbage left around by the staff. A rat swam across the pool and died on the side of the pool from being exposed to chlorine. It sat there for an hour before anyone came to clean it up. And there was only one pool open due to the lack of water. The water slides were closed weeks before we arrived, yet the website didn’t state this because it would cause a decline in bookings. The zip line was also closed when we were there, and didn’t look like it was opening anytime soon.

Finally after 24 hours of no water and unsanitary conditions, I went to the front desk and demanded to talk to someone who was in charge. I was told the water would come back on during the weekend when the resort was holding a triathlon, and would be overrun by over 1000 Mexicans. This meant the 1 pool would be full of people and all the rooms full. I became upset at the fact that they cared more about making money on the weekend and not about the people who were there during the week. We were then told that my family was being moved to another resort for no charge. This was done by our Sunwing rep (Margarita Vega), who really stepped up to help us out. We ended up at the Tesoro, and this resort was beautiful and very maintained. We were just happy to have a runnng toilet and be able to shower, but the resort was absolutely amazing. The staff were great too.

Stay away from Gran Festivall for the following reasons...
1. No water slides
6. The beds were hard as rock and didn’t come with a blanket, only sheets
7. The food was covered in ants
8. Caters only to Mexicans staying there
9. Staff only speak Spanish so communication can be difficult

Gran Festivall has a 3 star rating, while Tesoro has a 3+ rating, however Tesoro was a much nicer resort. Either Tesoro needs a higher rating or Festivall needs a lower one, because they weren’t even close to being comparable. Even the beach at Tesoro was cleaner and nicer than Festivall’s.

My family appreciated everything Sunwing and Margarita did for us. They really came through because we were worried about getting sick at Festivall. A flight came in from Toronto the day we were moved to Tesoro, and the people who were supposed to go to Festivall were moved to the other hotel. They were upset that night because they felt like they were missing something by not going to Festivall. We told them how they dodged a bullet but didn’t take our word for it until they went there the next day and saw how disgusting it was. They were great fun to have the hotel change.

Take our word for it...stay away from Gran Festivall. It is the worst hotel you will ever stay at. Sunwing has now posted a message on their website about the water slides being closed.

Room Tip: Don’t bother staying at Gran Festivall, stay at another hotel.
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank sampeter82
Reviewed 21 January 2018

My husband and I spent three lovely days at the Gran Festival Resort a few weeks ago. The staff was very friendly, attentive and helpful. The room and resort were beautiful and clean. Delicious food and fun entertainment. Will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank letyforastera
Reviewed 13 December 2017

We flew to this resort for 2 weeks in November. We have been going there for 20 years, and have always enjoyed our vacations at this resort.
The food is plentiful, and the staff helpful, even if they speak very little English.
But we do not speak very much Spanish, but we have always managed to get by.

The grounds are beautiful and the pools tremendous.

This resort is Mexican and gets very busy at the weekends.

If you want a North American style resort, then do not go there, all you will do is complain.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple