All reviews personal pool small fridges hotel restaurant super che minute walk mini pool dipping pool beach club next door construction noise gorgeous hotel an iron onsite restaurant the air conditioning worked great close to town small hotel santa cruz the location is perfect
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Folks, you can't get a hotel better than this at a price this low. For $100/night, we had an air conditioned room (with admittedly ugly, but hilarious decor), a balcony with comfortable lounge chairs AND a personal pool. All this overlooking the main part of the hotel: 2 beautiful pools (one with chairs and tables IN the pool!), palm trees, and a beach, with the soothing sound of crashing waves ever-present. Plus, the food was unexpectedly delicious. For dinner, they set up tables by the water with string lights and live music. With the ocean breeze and the slight scent of summer mist in the air, it was almost too romantic to handle. If you're looking for something more modest than the gigantic and ugly all-inclusive resorts, this MUST be the place you stay.

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ben S
Reviewed 15 May 2018

My mom and I spent 4 night here and love it. To be honest after reading some comments before my trip about this place. I did not have big expectation about the food served at the restaurant. However, I was more than happy with the food. The fist morning, I tried the chilaqules with green salsa. There were perfect, Our last night, we asked Chef Jesus if he could prepare something different and he created a delicious fish wrapped in a tamal,

We stayed in on the rooms in the 3rd floor, I asked for another room but I was told they were fully booked. That was hard for my mom since they are not elevators.

Room was very clean and and had a great view. All the staff member were very nice an polite and always with a big smile.

We spent a lot time in the pools since the beach is very dangerous. However, walks by the beach in the morning are great. This beach is very clean and secluded.

In overall, my mom and I had a great experience. They are expanding so if it gets too big not sure I will come back.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lilila2018
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed at La Quinta Bella for a week, and there were things we loved about the hotel and things we disliked.
We LOVED the location.
The location is perfect if you want to be right on the beach but also close to town. It's a fifteen minute walk to the port town "Santa Maria de Huatulco" where the cruise ships dock. There, there are lots of beach side restaurants, little shops, and a very calm beach for swimming. (The hotel's beach is too dangerous for much swimming, but it's beautiful.) The hotel is also a 15 minute walk to the town of "La Crucecita" where there is lots of good food and there are lots of shops.
We loved the atmosphere of the hotel.
The hotel feels pretty private. It is situated between a mountain and an empty beach club so the beach in front of the hotel was mostly empty all week. It never felt crowded (but we were also there in May, a slow season.) I think there are about 50 rooms at the hotel, so it's not too big. The hotel is still new, and it feels new. It was always very clean, and decorated decently. Most of the staff we interacted with were very friendly, and all were helpful.
Things we disliked:
The bed was so hard we dreaded sleeping in it. The pillows were also very firm.
There were a lot of amenities lacking. Our room didn't have a refrigerator, microwave, iron, hair-dryer, or telephone. The hotel also prohibits bringing in coolers so we didn't have much for snacks in our room. When we needed an iron the staff were able to lend us one from a different hotel room, so perhaps the more expensive rooms do have the amenities ours lacked. But it seemed unfair to be paying 100 dollars a night for a room lacking such hotel basics.
Overall we had a good stay, but had our bed been more comfortable it would have been a lot better!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Brittany Ann F
Reviewed 17 April 2018

This resort is just as advertised and small IS good!!!! They offer all of the benefits of a large resort with a fraction of the people so like cheers "everyone knows your name" Is nice! The rooms are nice and the dipping pools are nice to have although the new 24 units are not equipped with them so book accordingly The food was Super and a good selection as well as the drink selection. Enjoy the fine Mezcal! The beach is very private, most times when my wife and I walked there were very few people on beach, and a VERY clean beach, and the water was easy to enter / exit with the waves ( though not for young children or non swimmers) The 2 pools are very nice and there is no problem getting a lounge chair, plenty of supply available. Will cone back to this resort, well WORTH IT!!

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank JeffOmaha_AR
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Small hotel. 2 pools. Most rooms have private plunge pool. Only one restaurant operates at a time, during the time we were there. But all evening meals and breakfast were excellent - as I say exceeded expectations and I’ve paid a lot more for a lot worse. Beach is one of the cleanest I have ever seen, beware the waves are rough however. Not a swimming beach - as such.

Staff excellent and very happy to fix drinks and solve problems.

Wholeheartedly recommended.