4,882 results
All reviews sky bar cin cin market cafe barefoot grill french restaurant spice restaurant swim up room castaways restaurant preferred club swim up bar frosted glass ocean view sugar reef hydrotherapy circuit quiet pool coco cafe rose petals
Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

We have just returned home from Paradise! We will for sure plan a return trip, we were very impressed with the quality of the resort, food and service.

Upon arrival we met Edgar and he helped up plan a perfect week of relaxation and romance as we were there to celebrate our 20th anniversary by renewing our vows. With his help we enjoyed a 5 course private dinner on the beach and along with a photographer to capture the special moments we shared!

We had the best service that night for our romantic dinner, Ivan Torres who took care of every detail from candle lighting drawing a heart around the table and printing our initials in the sand! I can't forget to mention he also sprinkled rose peddles around us as we renewed our vows! Thank you Ivan for your incredible service! What an enjoyable experience!

To capture the whole evening we had the pleasure of working with Ana Lopez the talented and creative photographer at the resort! Ana was able to allow us to bring back some amazing pictures to share with our family and friends and we can't wait to get the whole package of photos! It was a pleasure meeting you Ana we appreciate you helping with our special day! I highly recommend everyone should book a free photo session with Ana, you won't be disappointed!

As part of the intended relaxation we enjoyed a day at the spa which was incredible.  Not only was the treatment professional there are million dollar views from up at the spa and the water therapy that was included was worth the price alone!

The rooms were stunning with ocean views and 24 hour room service, huge showers and jacuzzi tubs! The turn down service at night was just the icing on the cake!

It was sad to go home, but we will return!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Secrets Huatulc... R, General Manager at Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2016

Dear Kristi K,

I am very proud to learn of your recent experience with us.

It excites me to read that your stay was delightful.

We believe our staff and customer service levels is what sets Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa apart from other hotels, so your comments about the staff being attentive is ever so rewarding for me.

The team and I hope to welcome you back to Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 1 May 2016

We had a great experience at this resort where we went for my husbands birthday. The people in Huatulco are so kind and hardworking - really one of a kind. We noted down some key things that made this trip amazing and the people who were so awesome to us :)
we did clay painting and took home some souvenirs because of Francesco was awesome in organizing various activities like volleyball/karoeke ! We got to learn how to Sailing through the hotel was really the cherry on top of our trip with Naftali. They both made the trip fun and active as well as relaxing. We went snorkelling and the type of fish here is amazing!
Gilberto from the Market Cafe provided an amazing fruit and vegetable carving techniques which was a different but fun activity!
Our housekeeping Adalbert and Rafael cleaned everything so well - we never saw any bugs and everything was always spotless. The staff at the restaurants was amazing - (Pedro organized a birthday cake for my husband/Jazmine at breakfast!)
Overall we were so impressed by this place and Huatulco overall is such a clean and nice place. We will be coming back and have recommended to our family/friends!

Room Tip: outdoor jacuzzi or outdoor pool and they bring you drinks directly - also free room service
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank b M

Dear b M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit this wonderful review! I'm sure this will be very helpful to our guests. I encourage you to keep my contact information and please let me know when you are ready to come home again: a_gerencia.sechu@secretsresorts.com

Reviewed 1 May 2016

This resort is one of a few in Huatulco which is awesome for those not wanting an overrun tourist stop. The rooms were immaculate and all of them face the ocean in a tiered system. Very modern and really well appointed. Check in was quick and served with a drink, bags brought to our room within 10 minutes. Exchange was easy, and everyone's bilingual. Everything was clean, the service was amazing and the a la carte restaurants were incredible. The pools were never ending and there was never a shortage. I liked a certain view and spot at the infinity pool so if you like the same place then yes you may want to get up early and plant a book with a towel, but if you don't care there are always enough loungers for everyone. The staff swings by with random drinks of the day or freezies or fruit, it's just really beyond expectation. Drinks are premium and plentiful! Entertainment every night; loved the live bands. I've been to Cancun and Playa del Carmen and Huatulco was by far my favourite. We met a guy on a beach who went above and beyond to give us a full day private snorkelling trip to all of the best coves in huatulco and even snorkelled with us to show us some sealife and coral. Had a crazy good lunch in one cove with his friends, and was escorted safely back to our hotel in an air conditioned newer SUV, all for about 65US each.

Stayed: June 2015

Dear christineomg,

On behalf of the Hotel Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa, I would like to express my gratitude for sharing this review.

Our mission is to offer the best service to each one of our guests. And we are overjoyed to receive such a wonderful feedback.

We are looking forward for your returning stay, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any special request.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2016

Can't say enough good things about this resort. Our first trip to Huatulco, and to a Secrets resort, and won't be our last. Check-in process was flawless, including honouring our room requests. Room was amazing - spacious, clean, well-equipped and comfortable bed. The view was amazing. Complimentary wifi and calls back to Canada was much appreciated.

The food was wonderful. We took advantage of all a la cartes except for Cin Cin. Our favourites were the French and Asian. Lunch at castaways was one of the highlights of my trip - amazing food, service, and of course, view.

Service was also amazing. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. We would especially like to comment on the friendliness of Vladimir who had us laughing constantly, and the young man who worked on the beach with equipment rental (I'm sorry I do not recall his name).

The pool was perfect temperature, clean, and not at all crowded. The ocean was either red or yellow flag the duration of our stay but even with a red flag we were still able to swim and paddle board.

We would definitely recommend this resort. Bring plenty of sunscreen (double what you had planned) and good hats and cover-ups!

Thanks for a wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: all rooms have an amazing view. buildings 5 and 6 are closer to pool and beach.
Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank luv2getaway00

Dear luv2getaway00,

It was our pleasure to have the opportunity to host your holidays. I am glad to know how much you enjoyed spending time at our hotel and spa highlighted by our staff’s attentiveness. Our mission is to create memories by exceeding our guests expectations and I'm very pleased to read that we accomplished this goal during your stay. I look forward to welcome you back in the near future and provide you another incredible experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2016

Went for a week and what a beautiful resort. Basically your own private bay. Hardly any hassle from vendors on the beach. Food was top notch. Service was the tops. Room was clean and had a great view.
Our check in was fast. Got to our room late at night but because they got us to our rooms fast we still got a late dinner in.
Restaurants were great except the Mexican. It was so bland that both my Wife and I thought it strange that in Mexico the best meal would be their own. Not an ounce of spice. Maybe they cater to the those that have a sensitive palate. I know the Secrets in Puerto Vallarta was so good we went twice. All other restaurants we went to were great. We wanted to finish the trip off at Castaways because off the view but the last night they had booked a Private Party for that restaurant.
Pool was fantastic. Never had a problem finding a chair or shade or an umbrella.
Went went sailing in their hobby cats. The staff member from Columbia was so good to us and had such a great sense of humour made the afternoon.
The entertainment group do a really great job.
The only negative was when we were leaving our plane was delayed for 3 hours so we would have liked to stayed or have access to our rooms a little longer. It was end of season and with our plane coming in with the last batch of tourist for the season and them only filled maybe 60% it would have been nice to be able to relax a little and not be dragging our carry on for hours with us. I know it is not their job to take care of us because of Sunwing being late but it would be a nice offer. They did give us a hospitality room for 30min but it would have been nice if it was longer.
Would we come back again? I would strongly say YES! Maybe in Nov. Maybe drag a few people with us this time. LOL.

Room Tip: They are all good views. We were in building 3. 2nd floor.Jacuzzi are not as private as you might think.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lspeirs
Secrets Huatulc... R, General Manager at Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Dear lspeirs,

Thank you for selecting Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa for your stay at Huatulco.

Your feedback gives us the possibility to check our quality and to improve ourselves continously. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, it was a pleasure hosting you.

We would be very pleased to welcome you in the near future!

Kind regards,