4,584 results
All reviewsspanish restaurantpremium clubla tortugadona rosafishpremium roomlobby bargames roomair hockeyrenovated roombay touradult poolsushi restaurantemerald fallsa la carte restaurantssmaller resortnight shows
Reviewed 9 October 2015

Have been going to the Barcelo now for 4 or 5 years and love the resort. Have always upgraded to Barcelo Club Services but felt bad last year as to much emphasis was put on the Barcelo Club and felt that the ones who did not upgrade were treated very unfairly! The first week we were there all of a sudden we were asked to leave the area to the right of the resort facing ocean as a big banquet was being set up, we later found out it was a Barcelo Club special dinner and 6/8 of us were wearing the Club bracelets and were not even invited! Why just certain club members? Another night our friends whom were not Club members went to book an ala carte for the 4 of us and were told it was full for the next night. I popped in a few hours later to try and book and they asked if I wanted 5, 6 or 7pm. Why was there room for Club members to book but not other clients? When we did go to the dinner the place was empty and I talked to many that were not club premium and they could not get reservations......not fair. Then the last week we were there they decided to have a special club premium beach bar waiter, well that was a disaster and really made you feel embarrassed being Club member as there was no other waiter to be seen and poor Fernando had to tell the others he couldn't serve them but kept running drinks to us. I was not happy as we should all be treated equal. The Monday before we left, we could not order a Mojitio as they were out, we couldn't get a oh hoerowho as they were out of Clam juice. The Tuesday we left, they ran out of beer! I also did not get Premium liquor 99% of the time. I also overheard some club premium members trying to talk the manager into having a reserved spot on the beach for members only....this is getting carried away!
I am going there in November with my mother and will just get the Internet this time and not upgrade. I hope I can get a decent fee for the Internet as last year many I talked to, the desk clerk included quoted everyone a different price. I think the prices should be the same for everyone......FREE! No hotels charge for wifi except the Barcelo! Even the Club Premium price was different depending who you talked to. I had a price for Club Premium and also the Internet on my phone from the Barcelo Huatulco Facebook contact and had to fight with the desk clerk to get that price. She finally put the Internet on my phone and then saw the prices and told me they were all wrong but would honour the price. I later talked to others who arrived after me and 2 sisters were both charged different Internet prices. I had also requested a certain room number in September for February and when I got there was told I couldn't have that room as I didn't book it through reservations even though the Facebook contact told me they gave it to reservations. It was a nightmare checking in!! I finally got a ground floor room but my husband was so discusted he does not want to return there in February again. I am going to check out the resort and hopefully the front desk has improved! And I can convince my husband to go back.
I must say that we were very impressed with the nightly outdoor buffets, the food selection, the serving staff and the very, very over worked bar/beach staff. They must add more beach bar and beach waiters as the poor staff could not keep up! My husband and quite a few others went across the street and bought beer to take to the loungers as there were not enough servers for the amount of people there in the heat of the day. The buffets, and even the nightly entertainment seemed to have plenty of staff. Oh yes they should also have a variety of pop in the room fridges as only Coke was offered and I got sick one day and wanted 7up or Sprite and couldn't get it in the room. Good thing we were Club Premium as my husband was able to go to the club premium room and get it for me or he would have had to walk across the street and buy it.
I hope they have the adult pool fixed also as it smelt like urine most days in February. I understand something was broke so it better be fixed by November. Oh yes and in the renovated rooms the glass wall for the shower should have been placed inside the shower as it was not, it was placed on the bathroom floor and water bounced off the glass and flooded the floor every time you showered. I felt so bad for the cleaning ladies as they were continually bringing dry towels as we had to place them on the floor so we didn't fall on the wet floor. I hope they have corrected that.
On the brighter side I am really looking forward to returning in November and hopefully check in is smooth as I will have my 81 year old mother with me. I did sent an email to reservations a week ago requesting a certain room, Internet price and also Club Premium Services price and have not got a reply back yet .......but will wait a few more days before I send another.
It is a beautiful resort and I would hate to have to move to another. I hope this past February was just a bad experience and that they gave ironed out some of the snags. Maybe scrap Club Premium and treat everyone equal.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
8  Thank LadyDi0013
Barcelo Huatulc... B, Public Relations Manager at Barcelo Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

Dear LadyDi04

First of all thank you for your support among these years to our hotel and for sharing your experience with us, it’s a very important opportunity you give us since we can improve our service. Our Club Premium is an option to enjoy your stay to the fullest and for that you can have more benefits, of course this doesn’t mean that we won’t offer a quality service for those who decide not to try the Club Premium benefits, all of our guest are very important for us.

Regarding our Premium special dinners we sent an invitation to the rooms and also gave the information while checking in, I apologize if we did not inform you properly, we are going to verify the ways to inform our guests of any special events. We have changed our seattings at our a la carte restaurants hoping that more people can enjoy them. We have placed now staff for the service at the pool and beach areas and one special person for Club Premium, we had several improvements in the bar service which I am certain you can verify during your next visit.

Another benefit for Club Premium is the Internet included, but we also verified our Internet rates so everyone has the same information. Regarding our minibar, we have increased the amenities hoping also you can enjoy it during your next visit, but if you want to exchange one product for another you can request it at the front desk or through Barceló Express. Our pools have been fixed, it’s true we had some troubles with the filters but the quality of the water was always within the parameters complied perfectly with the stablished regulation.

Regarding your email we have some changes with our emails and some mails have been lost, but you can forward your email at huatulco.dir-asist@barcelo.com and we gladly give you all the information you need and to help you plan your next holidays with us.

We will be waiting for you with open arms to this your home away from home.

Barceló Huatulco Beach

Reviewed 15 September 2015

We found the resort to be located in a beautiful bay, surrounded with lush vegetation. The grounds were kept exceptionally clean, no insects or mosquitoes. Food at the specialty restaurants was great, service was excellent. The pool area was small but not crowded, and the bar area was satisfying.
Rooms were neat, well serviced, clean and the beds were great. Loved the room.
The service was unmatched, both at arrival, during and when we left. One of the bar hosts told me that most of the staff would be let go for 60 days, September and October, because it is the slow season. However, their spirits and service did not show and letdown.
I will go again, in fact, I probably will bring my whole family down next summer.
Larry from Antelope Valley, CA.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank tccprez
Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

First let me say that our oíriginal itinerary called for us to stay next door at the Royal Hotel. We stayed there one night!! But thats a whole other review.
Anyway, the day after our arrival we walked along the beach and found the BARCELO!! it was like a ray if sunshine after the night we had. The BARCELO was open, modern, polite, and very caring.
They had excellant restaurants serving beautiful meals. Thr staff was very helpful and courteous. The rooms were, while not the epitomy of luxory were adequate, clean ours had a view of the pool and beach.
June is considered the off season so the hotel wasnt that busy. I highly recommend this Hotel, it may not qualify as a five star in my book......but its pretty damn close!! (If nothing else come for the food!!)

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dragoness75
Reviewed 18 August 2015

We loved the Barcelo Huatulco, the entertainment/activities staff was sensational, the Zumba was great. The food was delicious, every night we had a live band at the terrace where we had dinner; there are six restaurants it was so hard to make up our minds to which restaurant to attend; and afterwards we were invited by the Barcelo dancers to the show. Overall the service and accommodations were awesome; we truly had an enjoyable and lovely stay here; we will return for sure.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2015

We travelled here in March 2015 for a week with our two children 7 and 9. Before going we were a bit worried, as the reviews were very mixed! That being said, the price was right and we are no frills kind of people ( don't get me wrong, we love frills, but we are fine without!) so we went for it. We were pleasantly surprised! Staff were friendly and helpful. We loved all the a la carte ( well worth it) and the buffet was great, especially if you like authentic Mexican food. We did notice that about half of the resort guests were actually from Mexico. The hotel was hosting a large event and they did an amazing job to provide extra seating by the pool as well as in the dining area (by setting up a large outdoor buffet an seating). The kayaks were awesome ( we took them out every day), the pool was perfect and the beach was a tonne of fun. Our room was huge, comfortable and clean ( it was not updated, but we felt that it had everything we needed). We really have no complaints. It's a definite winner for a relaxed family vacation!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family