“Inventive Thai in Acapulco!”
Review of Restaurante Mizumi

Restaurante Mizumi
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurante Mizumi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 419 Restaurants in Acapulco
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 16 October 2015

Mizumi is in the middle of a large hotel (convention center?). The decorations are nice: understated, but tasteful. We were provided excellent service from the moment we walked in the door. It should be noted that we were vacationing during the off-season, so there were never more than three parties in the restaurant.

We enjoyed a spring roll appetizer, which came with both a spicy and a tamarind sauce. The vegetables were all quite fresh (we later learned from the chef that he grows many of his own vegetables and herbs on the property).

I should mention that we were plied with not one, but two free small appetizers before dinner! While waiting for our spring roll, the server brought over a special bread the chef was trying, complete with saffron and another ingredient that escapes me. This came with a chicken curry pate, as well as a poblano sauce. Delicious! And after our spring rolls, we were given samples of the fried roll. Quite an unexpected treat!

My wife had green curry with prawns, and I enjoyed the pad thai with lobster (where else am I going to find that combination!). Both our dishes were fresh, not too heavy, portioned just right, and with a decent amount of heat. The lobster, though not plentiful, was appropriate and cooked to perfection. Much detail had been given to the presentation.

We shared a desert of black rice with mango. It was more than enough for the both of us.

Sergio and Felipe were our servers, and they made sure our water glasses never got empty, that crumbs were dusted from our tables. We even received fresh placemats between dinner and desert. We also enjoyed meeting the chef, who came from Thailand to help open the restaurant.

We enjoy Thai food on a near weekly basis, and looked forward to experiencing a new twist on some familiar dishes. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Date of visit: October 2015

Reviewed 15 September 2015

Most of the courses were very good, my starter papaya salad was excellent as was my sons crab cakes, my son had Pud Thai for amain and it was just Pud Thai as you would get anywhere and the creme brûlée desert was just warm custard, but very nice. Loved the little shushi between courses. Our wait staff Julian and Rafael, were attentive and Spoke English a bit which was helpful for us.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

I went there to celebrate my wedding anniversary, and it was just amazing. Food is totally delicious and the service is great. One of the best Thai restaurants I have ever been, and I have visited many!! A must do in Acapulco if you are willing to have an incredible experience.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Without a doubt Mizumi is the best kept secret of Acapulco. It´s Thai Chef has created an extraordinary menu rich in flavors and color.
The restaurant has a spectacular decoration and great service

Date of visit: May 2015
2  Thank Jorge D
Reviewed 5 May 2015

The service and the food were great, definitely a must if you are in Acapulco the fusion of different styles is great

Date of visit: May 2015