1,381 results
All reviewsadult poolsunset restaurantfamily poolspring breakview of the baylobby areathe hotel offerspoolspesosoceanpinamiguelmaidwavesusa
Reviewed 24 December 2016

We booked two rooms close together or side by side months in advance. When we got there they did not have it correct. One room was not too far from the elevator but my kids room was not ready yet. They said come back and it would be ready in 30 minutes The 30 minutes turned into half the day. We never ate on the premises and no one told us what was offered as far as a breakfast buffet etc. We loved the Infinity pool and went swimming in all the pools. My life was endangered due to the rip tide in front of the hotel. It was very dangerous and I am a great swimmer and have been swimming in Florida numerous times, Hawaii, Bahamas and all over the U.S. We liked the little kitchen in our rooms. We could not find anyone to help us book a tour of Acapulco and talked to guys working outside the front of the hotel to arrange one just for our family. We released 300 baby turtles into the ocean and that was a highlight. Watching the cliff divers an visiting the Chapel of Peace was fun too. The hotel let us store our luggage until we were ready to leave. Fish restaurant across the street was overpriced and not that good. The Bips was good. It's kind of like a Denny's. The hotel exchanged our money at the front desk and that was very helpful. Our tour guide took us to his cousin's gift shop at the end of the tour and that was a bad experience. He wanted to sell us merchandise for two or three times the price. My daughter lived in Guadalajara for a couple of yrs and told him that he was trying to rip off her parents and it was not cool. We bought four small things and ended up paying $100. It was a bad decision on our part and our taxi driver's. The city seemed safe. My daughter enjoyed a bubble drink right outside our hotel and there was a small mall close to the hotel. Venders on the beach are a bit entertaining and annoying at the same time. Expedia was not the problem with our reservation,it was the hotel and their lack of organization.

Room Tip: Get high up, we had the grass shack building blocking our view of the ocean. Get a room with a kitchenette. Check AC.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Melody J
Emporio A, Director General at Emporio Acapulco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2016

Thank you for your comments of your recent stay at Emporio Acapulco, we offer you a sincere apology for the inconveniences.

We really are very sorry that our service was not as expected , your comment was referred to our areas for monitoring, feedback like yours help us to constantly improve our service.

We reiterate our apologies and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 23 December 2016

I recently stayed at Hotel Emporio Acapulco, and though I first had my doubts about staying here (mostly due to bad experiences in nearby hotels), I must say I was positively surprised by this hotel.

The hotel is in really good shape -clearly management has been doing a great job! Every space (at least every public space) was clean and functional, and simple yet well decorated. The pools are always clean and bartenders around are always helpful. Its location is unbeatable -right in the heart of old Acapulco Bay, near shops, restaurants, a mall, clubs and bars.

The room was rather nice: spacious, with a breathtaking view facing the bay, really comfortable beds, impeccably clean, and perfectly equipped with everything I could possibly need.

As for service, it was very first class. Check-in was fast and easy and staff were nice and friendly. Everybody from front desk and bellboys, to bartenders and cleaning staff were great. My only complain is WiFi service, to which I could never connect any of my devices -they do need to work on that.

I would definitely stay again, and I really recommend it to other travelers looking for a nice experience at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: All rooms above the third floor ensure a great view of the bay.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo

We appreciate the comments from your recently stay and your preference, we will work to guarantee quality services and we will tell to our staff your service satisfaction, also we are glad to inform you that our WiFi signal was improve for better service. we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in your home in the near future.

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

I sure did like this hotel back in December of last year. The hotel it is in good shape. If your looking to have a good time with the family is a nice hotel, the only thing that I would recommend is that they should make this hotel a all inclusive. They do provide you with a restaurant buffet and by the pool area the do have a snack, bar. How ever you can take your personal drink which is great. The suites can be better but is OK. The hotel is located near clubs & bars. You also can find store, restaurants and shopping centers. I will definitely travel again to this hotel.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Emporio A, Director General at Emporio Acapulco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Thank you for your comments and we will work to provide you quality services, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

I recently stayed at Hotel Emporio Acapulco, and let me tell you how wonderful my experience was.

The employees greeted me with a smile and welcoming comments. The room was spacious and clean -I loved reading the welcoming notes and questions from the person cleaning the room. The view of Acapulco bay from my room was to contemplate and enjoy. I experienced the most amazing thunderstorm one of those nights, with lightning connecting the sky above and the ocean below. The food was delicious and the swimming pools were for me to enjoy.

If you want to enjoy your stay in Acapulco, stay at Hotel Emporio.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors will give you the best view of the bay.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

We appreciate the comments from your recently stay and your preference, we will work to guarantee quality services and we will tell to our staff your service satisfaction, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in your home in the near future.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

The hotel has wonderful a garden and outdoor common areas and really nice beach. All the rooms are facing the water and you wake up with the sound of waves and birds.

Inside is blah: feels like you are in a beehive, busy restaurant with average food and overpriced buffet. The good thing about the buffet is the selection of fruits and fruit juices. For some reason the room service food was better. There is a gringo ribs restaurant as part of the hotel. Didn't try it obviously.

The staff was very pleasant and other than the beach probably the best part about this hotel.

Few yrs ago I stayed in a smaller hotel for half the price and it was actually better. The room quality and the beach were the same, food was better. So, I suggest looking around for smaller hotels.

Location is decent and you can find great restaurants in the vicinity. Also a 24hr Oxxo store across the hotel.

Also be aware that "a suite" costs more and is just like the regular room with a bit more space, but that's it.

WIFI was sporadic and not good.

Bathroom smelled of sewage, bed sheets kinda moldy. Poor lighting in the rooms.

Bar fridge comes at an additional (150 pesos) cost and is weak and tiny.

The hotel is often used for weddings and celebrations so be prepared to listen to loud music all night and sometimes fireworks at 2am.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

We thank you for the comments of your recent stay at Emporio Acapulco, we will continue working to guarantee you quality services.