See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

I went to Saltillo to see family. I stayed there because the location was convenient for me. I didn't expect much except for a good place to sleep. I was so pleasantly surprised! This place is so green and calm. It feels like staying in a little bubble away from the city.
Would definitely recommend it!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank André M
Reviewed 1 January 2017

We stayed here for one night in December. Everything seemed fine upon checking in. The hotel appeared to be empty but we had to wait briefly for them to finish cleaning the room we would be occupying, which seemed a bit odd. We were told that if we wanted breakfast the next morning, the women who work in the kitchen would be arriving at 7am and coffee would be ready by 7:20am and we could enter the dining area and begin ordering food then. We confirmed we wanted to eat breakfast the next day as early as possible. The next morning we loaded up our car and by 7:20am we went to the dining area to try to order breakfast. The lights were off and the door was locked. Reception was also closed. We finally got the attention of the man who appears to stay on the property overnight. At some point the cook arrived and he went in to ask her if the hotel manager had let her know that there would be a breakfast this morning and she said that there was no message from the manager and it appeared there was no food to be had. We had also asked for a receipt from the hotel manager but she was not there (reception was closed). We had to check out of the hotel with the man who is either groundskeeper or the overnight watchman. We left with no coffee, no breakfast and no receipt.
I emailed who I believe to be the owner of the hotel the following day requesting a receipt, explaining what happened. She apologized, explaining that she had fallen ill that night. She said she would have the manager send us a receipt that night, which didn't happen. Three days later I finally got a receipt via email.
After this disorganized, unprofessional experience, I agree with the other negative reviews -- this place is not worth their high end price. In addition to the bad service, the room was run down and the shower barely drained, almost overflowing into the bathroom while you take a shower.

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank Carolyn O
Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

This hotel and restaurant brought me back to the 1930's! I have never before experienced such an authentic destination, in which I felt like I was experiencing what the family experienced during their lengthy and loving journey of this ranch. Norma Rodriguez provided us with an invaluable experience which included authentic Mexican cuisine and a guest room which took us back to old Mexico on a ranch in the middle of Saltillo! Sit out on the veranda in the authentic rocking chairs, view the beautiful bougainvillea and say hello to Norma!
Jeff Fletcher

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Hotel Rancho El Morillo is a cool peaceful sanctuary in the south side of Saltillo. Only 14 rooms, clean as a pin, surrounded by beautiful gardens and a working farm with a fine walking path. Tall trees provide a welcome shade, cooled by the breeze from the surounding mountains. El Morillo provides a welcome escape from the bustle, noise and dust of the city. Thick adobe walls, no phones, televisions, or clattering ac units. Norma Rodriguez and her family are friendly, welcoming, and bilingual. The food is always delicious!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Billy W
Reviewed 10 January 2015

We love El Rancho Morillo. Norma the owner ( whose artist talents showed in her Xmas decorations) and her staff will make you feel at home. The property is an oasis in Saltillo-the grounds are lush and feels a million miles away from the frenetic pace of Saltillo. They even served us dinner even though we arrived quite late due to thick fog @10:00pm.- we'd called in advance. They also take dogs which in Mexico is a major plus!!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple