All reviewspour la francefrench style restaurantbeds were comfortablenice poolstarbucksquintacourtyard
Reviewed 4 May 2016

I stayed in room 279 a standard king room for 2 nights while working in Saltillo.

PRO’s

• Clean
• Has microwave and mini fridge
• Tile bath with shower (also clean)
• Has decent size outdoor pool
• 32” flatscreen TV

CON’s

• Dated décor
• Slow, erratic wifi connection
• Hard bed with mediocre bedding
• Pillows felt cheap and lumpy
• Light to moderate street noises

If this property were in the States, it would be on par with a Super 8 or LaQuinta. In Mexico, it’s more like a Fairfield Inn. Pour LaFrance restaurant next door is convenient, but had only average food and SLOW service.

While nothing to write home about, you could do far worse than staying here.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2016

" Breakfast, customer service and location, great for our requirements " I also required laundry service and it was perfect. People that takes care of this service, was very dynamic and very punctual.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

Stayed at the Dorada for 6 nights 11/8/2015 to 11/15/2015. The hotel is conveniently located too many restaurants and bars. I used the complimentary shuttle service to and from work all week. It was a great service, on time from the hotel and pick up in the afternoon.

As many have stated the suites are huge! Similar to an apartment. Microwave, large dorm style fridge, electric skillet, and coffee maker. Bed was comfortable and the cleaning service was efficient.

Breakfast each day was basic and well prepared, one or two Mexican dishes, eggs, pancakes, yogurt, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, etc.

At the price point this is a good value but you should temper your expectations as this is not a full service hotel. The staff is accommodating but don't expect to be fussed over during your stay. My only disappointment was the lack of common areas, the lobby was very small and although the pool area was nice with some outdoor seating it closes at 9 pm. I could see closing the pool itself, but that's really the only common area to meet with friends for a chat or nightcap.

Overall a great value for the business traveler, great location, and spacious suites.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank duns1234
Reviewed 3 December 2014

I have stayed multiple times over the past six years at this facility. Sadly, I won´t be going back.

Twice over the last month I´ve had the disappointment of not having hot water in my room, which was bad enough, but now, no water at all. Definitively a deal breaker for me, especially after realizing this is an ongoing problem lasting more than a month now!

I really enjoyed staying at Quinta Dorada, but such basic things as running water can´t be excused.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Steve C
Gerardo L, General Manager at Quinta Dorada Hotel And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2015

Dear Steve C:

We appreciate the time you spent to share your comments, of your recent stay at our hotel, they are very important to us.

We offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay and we took actions to improve our quality service on your next visit. The heaters had a major problem that could not be fixed properly due to a lack of spare parts. Now we imported a considerable stock of spare parts so this situation will not occur again in the future.

We will be pleased to receive you again.

Regards.
General Management

Reviewed 29 October 2014

I was traveling from Mazatlan to Louisiana, so stopped the first night in Saltillo. This hotel was easy to find, and on the road we were using. The beds were comfortable, the water hot, and there were free snacks and beverages in the evening. Not sure if that's every night or not. There is a restaurant next door called Pour La France, and it was pretty good too. My only issue was that I had reserved a room with a king bed, and when I got there, they said they only had 2 double beds. Not a deal breaker, and a common occurrence in Mexico. All in all, a good stay for the night.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mexico-fan

Dear mexico-fan:

Our team would like to express our sincere gratitude for the time devoted to share your experience during your last stay with us.

We are pleased that you enjoyed our services and facilities, I assure you that we are continually working to provide excellent service. Checking what happened to the room type requested by you, we did not offer you a room with a king bed due to a problem with the water supply and had to block a module of rooms of this type.

We hope to have the honor to welcome you and serve you again in this your hotel.