“Best seafood soup ever, anywhere”
Review of Mariscos Mi Costa

Mariscos Mi Costa
Ranked #48 of 107 Restaurants in Todos Santos
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 13 November 2016

Do not pass Todos Santos without stopping!
Broth is obviously made the old fashioned way, starting with boiling the shells of the shrimp, fish bones, etc. To that base is added fresh tomatoes, seasonings, and very, very fresh seafood - shrimp, octopus, sc.scallops, fish, are tenderly cooked. No rubbery or dry octopus The servings are generous, and could almost serve 2- if it were not so good that no one wants to share. While you wait for this delight, you may munch on an appetizer plate of ceviche, salsa, and cream salsa with wonderful crisp chips. The ceviche is so fresh it is heavenly, and I would suggest that as a meal if the soup did not appeal.
The open-air atmosphere is charming and though the floor is dirt, it is a very clean place.
This family -owned restaurant used to be a very popular spot before the bypass was built, but now that it is possible to zip past, many people do. I cannot urge you strongly enough resist that thought. This sort of place is one of the reasons that Baja became famous, but which are rapidly disappearing. Get it before it is gone!
I think it is odd that almost every restaurant in Todos Santos has 4 or 5 stars. Many, of course, are very good. But I want to state that this review is written by a completely unbiased diner.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Came here as it was recommended by a friend who lives here. We ordered fish tacos, shrimp tacos, sopa de Marisco, and camarones de aqua chiles. All dishes were most excellent.

Would highly recommend and will come back.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Quality grub at a very fair price. Want to eat with the locals? Go here! I recommend the Agua Chile Shrimp for an appetizer and the Fish Fillet Sautéed in garlic for main dish... You will not be let down, $30 peso pacificos... Done!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I are staying in Cabo and took a day trip to Todos Santos. We had a hankering for Fresh Fish simply grilled and Mi Costa delivered. It is off the beaten path at the edge of town but worth the extra walk to get there.

We ordered the fish fillet grilled in Butter and garlic and the shrimp tacos. The fish was flaky and moist. The batter on the shrimp was the lightest I've ever tasted. The salsa was fresh as could be with tomatoes that tasted like they were from the garden and just the right amount of kick. This is a family run restaurant and the family is happy and proud of their great food. All I can say is fresh fresh fresh!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Of the seven restaurants we ate at during our stay in Todos Santos, this was the only meal we agreed was just average. I had scallops which were deep fried and though the quantity was good, and the quality was NOT bad, they were not REALLY good. I should have ordered something that was not deep fried. My bad.

The service was good and the waiter was friendly. I'm not saying don't eat here. I'm just saying that we got better meals everywhere else we ate.