Lowest prices for your stay
HolidayInn.com
US$81
Free cancellation until 20/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$81
SAVE US$17
PricelineUS$81
Expedia.comUS$77
travelup.comUS$94
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 October 2019

Hotel is very good, staff is very courteous, and hotel is in a safe location (wife and I walked too nearby restaurants) everything is close by and they have hotel taxis that will take you too shopping locations if needed, beds could be a bit more comfortable, but other than that hotel is nice and CLEAN!!,and parking is free and onsite, will stay again.

Room tip: all rooms are good
Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank dvdlucs
Juan Manuel A, Gerente at Holiday Inn Tijuana Zona Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2019

Reviewed 2 August 2019

I would like to begin by commending the staff who are all so welcoming, jovial & willing to make your stay enjoyable from the front desk to the doorman, housekeeping & dining staff. The location is also very good being in the gastronomical neighborhood, with “good eats” within arms reach. The fitness center is half way functional, the elliptical, cycle machine & step mill need replacing due to they either do not turn on or are extremely outdated/loud when in use. Turning to the pool area it is nice except that the jacuzzi does not operate, there was a foul odor from the stagnant water & bugs/debris with no maintenance during stay. This was very disappointing being that I was looking forward to relaxing after returning from a conference. The palm trees surrounding resort are all overgrown & need maintenance badly, especially the ones which hover alongside the pool as the dead debris from trees could fall in the pool area. Moving onto the breakfast area, I need to address where the sliced fruit is placed for the morning buffet. Every morning that I went to breakfast here, there were flies swarming around & on the fruit display being that there is only a sneeze guard in front of the display but the back of the fruit presentation is open to the elements. This is imperative to be remedied being that sanitation is essential in terms of food inspection. I also have brought forth these concerns with the hotel directly & have yet to receive a response from management. I hope that these concerns can be addressed promptly being that I enjoy staying with IHG properties, am a member & expect the quality to be level from one property to the next. Thank you for considering my review & once again kudos to the wonderful staffing.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tijuana Zona Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2019

Joseantonio_001,

Holiday Inn is known for providing unmatched comfort and efficiency service. From accommodations to food options, they should all be spotless. But I'm sorry that this wasn't the case on your visit as you had to deal with outdated gym equipment, malfunctioning Jacuzzi and unsatisfactory breakfast options. To properly attend to these, I deemed it necessary to inform the hotel of your experience. I trust their capacity of taking proper steps to ensure everyone gets a smooth sailing stay.

Thank you for being a member of IHG Rewards Club. I hope our paths cross again so we can provide you with a much better experience.

All the best,

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 July 2019

Customer Service was good, especially the front desk. The wait staff could be more attentive. The waiter brought out a different taco than what we ordered but we were hungry so we didn't bother correcting and getting what we want. The food is okay but the prices are higher end Tijuana prices (same as US practically). The room is good, and we got an upgrade to a suite as a IHG Platinum member and also a welcome amenity. I love that the fridge was already cold when we got there. The bed was good, but the pillows should have a selection of firm and soft. We all had very soft ones and it was hard to sleep with them. The room was clean and so was the bathroom. However, we didn't have any slippers or robes. There was enough power plugs, but didn't have USB ports for charging phones and other devices. The elevator was very slow and small/cramped, and they only have one, so you have to wait a while for it to arrive.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 May 2019 via mobile

We decide to stop by for a night before at Holliday inn in Zona Rio. A night before our fly. Great service, friendly staff, very nice hotel. Only thing Weather was perfect and the pool was not clean (mode on edges) and Jacuzzi was so duty or Mayo not even working. I have kids and is mandatario by this amenities... over all disappointment for the pool.

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank jaimepI5861HY
Juan Manuel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tijuana Zona Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2019

Reviewed 25 April 2019 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel on a recent trip to Tijuana. The room was spacious, clean, and the hotel staff were very friendly and eager to help. Antonio, the concierge, was especially friendly and helpful. You can trust him for restaurant and transportation recommendations. I had the breakfast buffet at the hotel’s restaurant one morning… Pricey by Tijuana standards but certainly comparable to what you would pay for a buffet breakfast at a holiday inn in the United States ($14). Everything I ate was very tasty, fresh, and I enjoyed every single bite. There is enough bandwidth in the hotel to stream Netflix without issue. I certainly recommend this hotel if you’re traveling to this area.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Juan Manuel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tijuana Zona Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2019

GM