All reviews free shuttle tv channels decent hotel spa thermal border platinum jacuzzi
Reviewed 24 May 2018

It has been quite some time since I stay here. It was nicer this time. Staff had good English, and room was really nice and everything was in good working order. Improved my impression of this hotel over past visit. I'm always shocked the price of a decent hotel in Tijuana costs in some cases more than similar stay in san Diego. Either others have access to discounts I am not aware of, or are willing to pay it because it seems fairly busy at this and other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Juan Manuel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tijuana Zona Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Thank you for trusting us to be your Hotel to stay during your business trip. We appreciate your kind expressions of appreciation, and are especially grateful and looking forward to be of your service again in the near future.
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Tijuana.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

This Holiday Inn was nice surprise ! Clean and awesome treatments at their spa! I would recommend the spa for everyone. I had 50 min deep tissue massage, and it was the best one ever. Room was clean and quiet. I didn't use the restaurant/bar, but it seemed very nice. I only can wish all the Holiday Inns in US would be as great as this one.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Juan Manuel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tijuana Zona Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

I am taking a moment to express how delighted we were having you stay here at our hotel, we most certainly thank you for your kind comments. To know your stay at our hotel was according to your expectations makes us feel that we are leading this hotel in the right direction.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

This is a typical Holiday Inn with a reasonable price. I'm reluctant to offer five stars for a few reasons, I was not able to charge my lunch to the room, no explanation and not a big deal but I did not earn points. In the morning I asked if the breakfast buffet was included and they said because I used points that it was not. I'm not sure why, it's my understanding that when points are used, the hotel is reimbursed in full. I'm a platinum, they said the hotel was full so could not offer me an upgrade but they might have included breakfast. The room was fine although my room should have been inspected before they gave it to me, the bathroom tub was not very clean. Had it not been for the great staff, I would have given the hotel three stars. The single biggest thing this hotel could offer (unless impractical by law) is a complimentary shuttle. Not so much to and from the boarder or airport but just a local shuttle into town or the nearby mall. The hotel is not waling distance to much of anything. Uber worked very well and a taxi was always available although I stuck with Uber.

If you have read this review note the comment from the GM - thank you for your comment GM. This makes me think he does not bother reading the reviews and just gives it a rubber stamp. I suspect my review will get the same reply by management.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Juan Manuel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tijuana Zona Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Mr. Jim I am aware of a bad experience lived in our hotel, we are working hard to avoid this situations from happening again. Looking forward to be of your assistance.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location, I got a recently renovated room and its great. Location cant be better and is great for business or pleasure. People are very friendly and courteous. A must in TIjuana

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Juan Manuel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tijuana Zona Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

thank you for your comments and visit this is your house

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Clean room, the food was good. The staff was helpful. Alot of the staff speak fluent english. I speak spanish. But in alot of cases they spoke english first. I don't think there was a time during the day (AM or PM )) that there was not someone on duty that did not speak english.The bathroom was clean. Always a taxi out front. Quiet area at night. Next to the main road but i could not hear the traffic at night. Air conditioner worked great. Close to the border. They offered a free shuttle back to the airport for my sister in law.

Room Tip: My room was next to the main street but it was still very quiet at night.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Juan Manuel A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tijuana Zona Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you for your comments this is your house