US$333
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Las Palmas Hotel(San Felipe)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 June 2016

It was my first trip to San Felipe and I was pleasantly surprised. You travel to a third world country and if you expect a Hyatt Regency, sorry not in this town, thank goodness. Visitors travel to San Felipe primarily for off-roading, so the town and the hotels fit this activity perfectly. I have stayed at a Hyatt Regency in San Diego and I much more enjoyed this small town feel because a hotel is for sleeping and cleaning up only. Travel and enjoy what is out there not what is inside the hotel.

Stayed: May 2016
2  Thank Ana F
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

This is a large outdated Hotel on the Beach.The only thing that
Would help this property is the wrecking ball.
The good: nice big pool which is well maintained but with not one pool lounge that is operational,the location however is perfect right on the beach next to the Malecon.
The shower is clean and has plenty of water and the maid was trying hard to make the room look decent.
The bad: Where to begin? The lobby is dirty,everything in it needs paint and the furniture is beyond repair.In the hotel every wall,ceiling,stairs,doors are in dire need of paint,ceiling tiles hanging lose from the ceiling,water stains everywhere and carpets so old and worn you would not want to walk on it.The restaurant and Bar are permanently closed.The room we had was meant to be for four people,but only 2 old arm chairs were in it.The room did not have water glasses,no drinking water,no coffee machine,no hairdryer,no alarm clock and the air conditioner did not work.We had to open the windows all night but the windows have no screen,so we got mosquito bites galore.
My advice: stay somewhere else!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Juergen M
Reviewed 4 March 2016

Very basic hotel in the heart of San Felipe at the Southern end of the Malecon. The room was large, but basic, the bathroom clean, the carpet not so much. No water in the hotel pool. Hotel restaurant shuttered. But it is all about location and that is where this hotel shines.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2015

The night before we found this place we stayed at a place down the street. It was old and dated and when we got up in the morning our car was littered with empty beer cans around it and a small amount of damage to our car. So we moved here. Yes the place needs a remodel but it's on the beach at the end of the Malecon and it has a great swimming pool. There is a night guard who actually checked to make sure we were staying at the hotel. Our room looked out over the ocean and it was clean. If you want to pay more money and not be within walking distance of town stay some where else that is newer but this place is great.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

If I could give them less than one star I would. When we first entered the room it had a very putrid kind of smell. Desperately needs updating and cleaning. I will not stay here again for my next visit.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family