US$197
US$95
US$92
Las Palmas Hotel(San Felipe)
US$104
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 November 2015

Stayed at El Cortez for the past 5 years, every March. This really is the typical Baja motel-although better than most, reasonably clean. Floors are always tile, beds/bedding are adequate, not great. There is always hot water, a nice perk in Baja. Their location is their best benefit--right on the beach. Bring your own soap & shampoo, theirs is inadequate. The Barefoot bar is a nice place for an ice cold beer, margarita or cocktail. They will also sell you ice. You can order food there from the restaurant, as well. You can walk about 1/2 mile & be on the Malecon. I too have had check-in problems, so be wary, if you send payment, bring confirmation of it with you. Rates are reasonable.

Room Tip: Great ocean views from upstairs rooms, sandy beach right out front. Paella festival is outstanding!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Greg J
Reviewed 15 November 2015

Stayed 2 nights in a comfortable room that needed clean sheets. Management did send
Sheets but took rather long to communicate. This place is right on the water with beautiful views. Rooms could use updating and fixing, walls, doorways, and service.

Room Tip: Ask to see room before paying.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Americanaarts
Reviewed 6 April 2015

This Hotel did not accept our Expedia confirmation number, we were lucky and did get our rooms BUT 2 couples did not (they had even paid when they reserved).
They seem to be in a labor dispute, fortunately we took enough cash to pay (They are not accepting any cards at Hotel, bar and restaurant). We had a good time but paid too much for what they were offering.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank vaquero
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Best part of hotel is their location - right on the beach. I didn't use their restaurant or bar so can't comment on them. I did use pool and it was packed with families. Room is rather small and no remote control for TV. All TV stations in Spanish so I didn't watch. Also, the TV was about fifteen years old and small. Deadbolt was broken and I was concerned but nothing happened. I think the pictures make it look better than reality. When driving into the property it looks great with the beach, buildings, restaurant, bar, disco, etc. But once you walk around and look at your room, it's just a cheap, budget motel. Warning: cash only so don't bring a credit card. Next trip, I would probably try a different hotel although for the $80 I paid for this hotel, it was OK - just not great.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
12  Thank pinguy
Reviewed 18 June 2014

After camping for a few it was nice to be out of the heat and feel some cool air. Agree with the 4 other reviews posted.
Just a bit of advice - CASH ONLY, the entire place bar, hotel, and gift shop. I was sad when I couldn't get a frosty beverage because I spent all the cash on the room . Price for the room was average for the amenities- Had to make a quick 5 -10 minute run into town (only 2 ATM's in SF both in DT) didn't put a damper on things for long ;) Staff was friendly, and most important felt safe! There's a lot of hype right now about safety and traveling south of the boarder, but didnt feel like we were ever anywhere close to being in danger! We'll be back, for sure!

Room Tip: 2nd floor has awesome views! Get an end though, only spots that have chairs outside the rooms.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends