“---- Hole”

Hotel Corona Plaza Rosarito
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Rosarito
Reviewed 27 March 2007

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. Looks can be deceiving!! We were overcharged, $140, for a room with nasty towels, no heat, no t.v remote and get this, BROWN WATER! The pipes must be very rusty because that's all that was coming out of the faucets and toilet. I couldn't even shower in this place that's how bad it was. I used bottled water to freshen up and get the heck out of there. When we complained about the water they practically laughed in our faces. Whatever you do... NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2007
2  Thank mexirican780
There are newer reviews for Hotel Corona Plaza Rosarito

Reviewed 26 February 2007

The outside looks nice but the rooms were ugly. The rooms had old paint and dirty towels which I thought was forgiveable. Also, it was freezing in the night. They overcharge for what the room is worth. There wasn't a deadbolt so I propped a chair against the doorknob while we were in the room (which made us feel safer). But our last night there while we were out, they went into my wife's purse and stole $100 out of it. We learned two things: never to go to this hotel again and never to leave money in your room again.

Stayed: February 2007
3  Thank miguel34
Reviewed 29 January 2007

I stayed here in January '07. The room was HORRIBLE. I am mexican, and I am used to sort of "roughing it," but the room was $80 and not worth it. First, there is no dead bolt on the door, so safety is a little compromised. It was freezing when we were there, and the rooms have no heaters. The space heater that was brought to us didn't work. Then when we called to the front desk, no one answered. The towels were APALLING. It looked like they were ten years old because they were so GREY! Then the bath tub was leaking water all over the bathroom when I took a shower. I decided to stay at this hotel because the outside appearance looked really great, and it was along the beach, but even if I received a free night, I would not stay there again. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Thla S
Reviewed 3 October 2006

WoW! This hotel fits the phrase "looks can be deceiving!" It looks really nice on the outside, but in the inside... EEEEWWWWW!!!! I booked this hotel for a little mini family vacation, and I mean the whole family vacation. There was about 15 of us and we rented 3 rooms with each room having 2 queen size beds. Were we suprised!

HERE IS OUR DISAPPOINTMENT:

When arriving, they lost our reservation

One of the rooms had nasty brownish yellowish stains on the bed sheets (we didn't even use the blanket)

The other room had ants crawling along the window, floors, and shower tub

All the bedding smelled as if no one has been using the rooms for months

When asked for a roll away bed, none was available

Security guard just stood there doing nothing

Bathrooms were not that clean

Towels smelled "musty" and a bit hard

Jacuzzi was NOT working

Pool was dirty and green

Bar looked just plain nasty

Receptionist barely understands english

Floors where stained with black "stuff"

Elevator (all glass) looks graffitied and dirty

No Room Service

No Phone Line Working

No Internet

No Room Temperature Control

NO Amenities

Underground Parking Structure looked horrible and felt unsafe to park vehicles

Room keys were old school and not a key card

Had to wear "hotel" wrist bands at all times

Some of the view were "slum" homes and/or dirty patches

Distance was 5-10 minutes drive to the "center" and 20-30 minutes walking

In addition, upon exiting the main highway, boy were we corrupted by a police. BE CAREFUL FOR THE STOP SIGNS!! A cop pulled us over stating that we ran 3 stop signs which there wasn't even any that we passed, since we just entered that little city. The police threatened us to take us to jail, until he said to give him $50 USD and he will let us go. So we paid him $50 USD. DON'T FORGET TO PURCHASE MEXICO CAR INSURANCE also because the police will use that one on you because ours did and especially since our vehicle was a rental.

OVERALL, I MOST CERTAINLY DO NOT RECOMMAND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE OR ANYTHING. THOUGH THIS MIGHT BE SOMEWHAT A LITTLE CHEAPER, YOU ARE BETTER OF STAYING SOMEWHERE ELSE AND PAYING THAT EXTRA FEW DOLLARS FOR A GREATER PLACE FOR COMFORT AND QUALITY.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 22 August 2006

i read all the reviews ....and theyre wrong. the hotel is now renevated. yea its not super luxuious...but it'll do. in my whole trip everyone was super nice to me and my friends ( guys and girls). when we needed something they would give it to us , no problem. the staff was super nice and so were the residents. i would suggest it to other people. definitely not for people who stay locked up in their rooms all day. every other hotel in rosarito are the same, some worse.... this was a good deal . id definitely go back

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank pritynpink006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
1.2 km away
0.2 km away
Del Mar Inn
Del Mar Inn
#8 of 15 in Rosarito

Been to Hotel Corona Plaza Rosarito? Share your experiences!