All reviews puerto nuevo infinity pool lobster dinner american breakfast stayed in a junior suite gorgeous views sound of the waves the cliff view of the ocean tacos rosarito beach jacuzzi pedicure baja mexico palapa tubs
Reviewed 15 February 2011

i've read all the reviews before we went. I figured "what the heck, lets go". I too arrived to find that we also had the bloody curtains. I couldn't believe they didnt trash them. We asked them for another room and recieved the typcial response of "no, all other rooms are booked". We asked them to change them but they kept insisting it wasnt blood.

We stayed in Jr. Suite 301. It was average. The hot water doesn't last too long. The water in the bathtub leaks out. No Iron! Be prepared to bring one, they haven no irons on the property.

The bar was nice, drinks were strong and cheap as others have mentioned. We didnt eat at the restaurant. We went to Puerto Neuvo.

Only 1 running Jacuzzi and it did look a little filthy but people were still using it. The 2 pools were cold. They looked fairly clean but cold. The views were absolutely beautiful.

We didn't do the spa or gym.

So, all in all, it was ok for the price. Just dont expect it to be a five star resort. Its more like an upscale Motel 6 with nice pools and views. Id recommend it for being a secluded area. Hotel staff recommended coming during summer months as that is when it gets fun.

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2011

My husband and I had always heard great things about Rosarito, and Las Rocas in particular, and finally decided to head down for a weekend getaway without the kids. We had a wonderful time!!! Now, I must preface this review by saying this is not a 5-star, mega resort. If that’s your cup of tea, my suggestion would be to fly down to Cabo or Puerto Vallerta. If you’re instead looking for a quaint, intimate hotel with the unique, character and charm of old Mexico and where you and your special someone can spend a relaxing, romantic weekend…….then this is definitely your place!! Not to mention, it’s an easy drive down from San Diego. We stayed in a Junior Suite which had a separate seating area with Spanish-style furniture, tile floors, a fireplace, and breathtaking views from our own private terrace overlooking an infinity pool that disappeared into the ocean background. Perfect place to enjoy a margarita while watching the sunset! The hotel is in close proximity to downtown Rosarito, but secluded enough to provide the peaceful environment we were looking for. We ventured into downtown Rosarito one evening for dinner/cocktails and headed down to Puerto Nuevo the second night for the most amazing lobster dinner!! Couldn’t ask for a more perfect weekend getaway and can’t wait to go back!

Date of stay: September 2010
Reviewed 5 January 2011

We had an amazing stay at Las Rocas and will definitely return! Our room's old-world charm and 5-star ocean front view lent to a very romantic.weekend for my wife and I.

Date of stay: December 2010
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Quite simply, this is the worst place I have ever stayed. I last all of about 20 hours before hightailing back to San Diego. To say the room was subpar would be the understatement of the century. It had not been updated in at least 25 years and everything about it was awful.

Date of stay: December 2009
Reviewed 16 July 2010

My husband and I went there for our 20th Anniversary. We selected the Romantic Spa package, which included a Junior Suite, two welcome Margaritas, Yoga classes, use of the gym and sauna, two 1/2 hr Swedish massage and two pedicures. We were very happy with the overall service. The attendants are all so courteous and are quick to fulfill your every need. We spent a very relaxing weekend there. One of the nights, we spend some time at the bar and listened to the Karaoke director, he has an amazing voice.. it was quite a treat sitting listening to him sing. The prices on their drinks are reasonable and the best part is you really taste the liqour in the drinks, they aren't watered down like they do in other places. The place is very clean and that is nice to see. The views from the hotel room are spectacular. The room was clean and when we called for room service it was taken care of immediately. I would definitely come back. We were there on a busy weekend..... two wedding parties were staying at the hotel, so the nights were pretty loud..... we still managed to get some sleep in the big comfortable beds. It was the perfect place for our Anniversary celebration....

Date of stay: July 2010