“Las Rocas Rocks!”

Las Rocas Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Rosarito
Reviewed 24 February 2011

I had heard a lot of good things about Las Rocas and had also read many positive reviews, and it has been on my too see list for quite some time now, so when my birthday rolled around this past year I finally took the chance to visit, and boy, I was not disappointed. I really don't understand what some people are complaining about, this place is awesome! And for the price it can't be beat! After having visited this gem not far from Rosarito's main "tourist hub," it's apparent that many of the negative comments are from folks complaining for the sake of complaining. Those simply looking for a nice place to kick back, have a few drinks, good meal, enjoy the waves and awesome views, will not be disappointed. I always marvel at people that think that they should find the same comfort as what they have at home (or in their head) in another mans Country. Seriously? Wake up and smell the coffee!!! It is all in your attitude, if you ain't got a good one, go to Disney World... If you aren't addicted to "Hilton standards" but are looking for a special, quiet, affordable place with killer views of the Pacific ocean while visiting Baja, you'll dig Las Rocas. When we were there all the jacuzzi's were working, however the pools were ice cold. Some people braved it and didn't seem to mind. It was late November and the temperature was a bit too brisk for my wife and I. During the summer when it's warmer, getting in the pool wouldn't be an issue for us. But hanging out in the jacuzzi more than made up for it. There are two on site bars and during the day they'll bring the drinks up to the pool or jaccuzzi area. The drinks are not watered down and pack quite a punch, plus they're cheap. The on site restaurant is also very good. We had breakfast & dinner there. During dinner time there was live music, which was a nice touch. Las Rocas is a very chill place all the way around. We bought a pitcher of margarita from the bar, took it down to the hot tub at night, and had the place all to ourselves. No security breathing down your neck, or micro management like at some places. However, the grounds are safe and secure. The resort is well situated to take in the dramatic and breathtaking sunsets, and there is ample seating to watch the spectacle. The views and vibe, from even the standard rooms are excellent. Plus you get your own private balcony with chairs so you can relax, have a drink, and watch the sunset. Or take a nap with your sliding glass door open, taking in the sea air and sounds of the waves crashing. I'd go back here in a heartbeat and recommend it to anyone who's not a "princess" who complains about everything.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThatNicaT

Reviewed 15 February 2011

i've read all the reviews before we went. I figured "what the heck, lets go". I too arrived to find that we also had the bloody curtains. I couldn't believe they didnt trash them. We asked them for another room and recieved the typcial response of "no, all other rooms are booked". We asked them to change them but they kept insisting it wasnt blood.

We stayed in Jr. Suite 301. It was average. The hot water doesn't last too long. The water in the bathtub leaks out. No Iron! Be prepared to bring one, they haven no irons on the property.

The bar was nice, drinks were strong and cheap as others have mentioned. We didnt eat at the restaurant. We went to Puerto Neuvo.

Only 1 running Jacuzzi and it did look a little filthy but people were still using it. The 2 pools were cold. They looked fairly clean but cold. The views were absolutely beautiful.

We didn't do the spa or gym.

So, all in all, it was ok for the price. Just dont expect it to be a five star resort. Its more like an upscale Motel 6 with nice pools and views. Id recommend it for being a secluded area. Hotel staff recommended coming during summer months as that is when it gets fun.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2011

My husband and I had always heard great things about Rosarito, and Las Rocas in particular, and finally decided to head down for a weekend getaway without the kids. We had a wonderful time!!! Now, I must preface this review by saying this is not a 5-star, mega resort. If that’s your cup of tea, my suggestion would be to fly down to Cabo or Puerto Vallerta. If you’re instead looking for a quaint, intimate hotel with the unique, character and charm of old Mexico and where you and your special someone can spend a relaxing, romantic weekend…….then this is definitely your place!! Not to mention, it’s an easy drive down from San Diego. We stayed in a Junior Suite which had a separate seating area with Spanish-style furniture, tile floors, a fireplace, and breathtaking views from our own private terrace overlooking an infinity pool that disappeared into the ocean background. Perfect place to enjoy a margarita while watching the sunset! The hotel is in close proximity to downtown Rosarito, but secluded enough to provide the peaceful environment we were looking for. We ventured into downtown Rosarito one evening for dinner/cocktails and headed down to Puerto Nuevo the second night for the most amazing lobster dinner!! Couldn’t ask for a more perfect weekend getaway and can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2011

We had an amazing stay at Las Rocas and will definitely return! Our room's old-world charm and 5-star ocean front view lent to a very romantic.weekend for my wife and I.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Quite simply, this is the worst place I have ever stayed. I last all of about 20 hours before hightailing back to San Diego. To say the room was subpar would be the understatement of the century. It had not been updated in at least 25 years and everything about it was awful.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
9.7 km away
10.7 km away
Del Mar Inn
Del Mar Inn
#7 of 14 in Rosarito

Been to Las Rocas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!