“Junior Suite”

Las Rocas Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Rosarito
Reviewed 8 September 2017

I have stayed at Las Rocas numerous times with my family. Recently I stayed with my friends while I love this place because of the location, the room was not as kept up as it should be. We should not have to see the build up in the kitchenette sink. Also, the towel person at the pool was not there I went to pick up towels at reception and there were still not enough towels. I asked if they could possibly bring them down to the pool and reception said no. I would tip well by the way but the staff has no interest to provide excellent service. Except for Diana at the bar she was great, nice, and provided excellent service.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank vanemartinez2017

Reviewed 1 September 2017

We have stayed in a number of hotels in BC, but it took us a while to get to Las Rocas because they are so popular. The property is old, but the service was great. Special props to the spa, they offered a wonderful Swedish massage.

We were not a fan of the level of cleanliness. There was garbage left in the halls which lead to the rooms and was not picked up until the following afternoon. When we arrived, there was a handful of drink cups in the water surrounding the Jacuzzi which was not picked up as well. Finally, we would have spent more time in the Jacuzzis but there was a foul odor both days we were there.

Hard to argue with the location, but we would look elsewhere next time around.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank adamgR3913OB
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Las Rocas is a great spot. The rates are ridiculously reasonable and the rooms are nicely appointed with beautiful ocean facing views.

Reservations come with free "American breakfast" which is perfect to start off a busy day but a decent menu for a better selection of local offerings. Terrific spa options at reasonable prices too. And a great location to reach some beautiful beaches. No beach access at the hotel but the pools are nice and the views are better.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

The view and hotel itself is amazing, however the service is horrible. I arrived at 2 pm and was told the check in time was not until 3pm. That's pretty standard so my family and I went to walk around and came back until 3:10, when they told us our room was still not ready. We waited until 3:30 and were walked to one of our rooms where housekeeping was still cleaning while we set pur luggage. Our second room was not ready until an hour later and the roll away bed I paid for the extra guest was defective because my father woke up on the floor from the deflation.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Was looking for a place to stay for a couple of days and this location seemed promising from the pictures. The room rates were reasonable, and even though the reviews were mixed, I took a chance and booked. Was there for two nights. First of all, the property is located in an amazing location. Fantastic views of the ocean and the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks is very relaxing. The good - the property and room was clean and from what I know about other properties in the area, the less than $100 a night room rate makes this a great value. Add to that two breakfasts every morning and two welcome margaritas - very good. Now for the bad. As others have stated, this property is in need of repair. Everywhere you look something is broken or missing. There were no issues with the room, it was clean and the plumbing worked, but there are broken tiles, linens are worn and bathroom is in serious need of a remodel. Given what i paid, i can accept that the facilities would not be perfect and I would not have focused on this as much, if the staff was friendlier. The employees are not happy and it seems that things are not managed well. Two examples. We arrived at 2:00. I know check-in is at 3:00 but sometimes rooms are ready early. I was told to return at 2:30. Returned, not ready. Room was finally ready at 4:00 - one hour late. Given some excuse about manager arriving late. Next, tried ordering milk both mornings. Both mornings told that there was no milk because it had not been ordered. Really- someone could not go purchase some milk at a local store? My impression - overall poor management which would explain all of the bad. Looking for great views and a nice location for a weekend trip, at a reasonable price, then Las Rocas might serve you well. Just understand the bad that you are getting with the good and amazing.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank FredInCalifornia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
9.7 km away
10.7 km away
Del Mar Inn
Del Mar Inn
#7 of 14 in Rosarito

Been to Las Rocas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!