US$315
US$168
Rosarito Inn(Rosarito)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspuerto nuevoinfinity poollobster dinneramerican breakfaststayed in a junior suitegorgeous viewsocean wavesrosarito beachjacuzzipedicuremexicobajachimneypalapatubskaraokelos
Reviewed 21 November 2005

If you're looking for a 5-star American hotel, Las Rocas isn't it.

However, if you're looking for a place with a clean room and comfortable bed, this is the place. The hotel has a spa, 2 pools (one for kids and the other for adults), 2 Jacuzzis, a basketball court, and sand volleyball. My husband and I were there for a wedding, and stayed at Las Rocas from Wednesday through Saturday. It was quiet (most likely due to the mid-week stay), although I could tell by the way it was getting more crowded on Friday night that it could get noisy. If you want a quiet room, try to ask for a room away from the bar or main pool. The staff was very nice and helpful.

What really impressed me was the Spa! Although the website says they open at 8, they open at 9 am. My sister -in-law and I got to look at all the facilities before the spa opened, and we were impressed. The Spa Director, Antonio, was very accommodating and friendly. The range of treatments there were great - and the some of the products they use (like kelp or strawberries) were from the immediate area, which was nice.

The location was great – only about 5 minutes drive from the heart of Rosarito, and 10 minutes away from Puerto Nuevo (can someone say Lobster!?!?).

I would definitely stay here again – but mid-week in order to avoid the crowds!

• Stayed: November 2005
15  Thank mlambing
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 26 October 2005

The one thing I will say about the Los Rocas spa is that even though we pre-paid our entire weekend vacation at the spa, the fact that the management WILLINGLY and QUICKLY (and even politely) refunded our money after we had refused to even put our luggage in our rooms (dirty, DIRTY, DIRTY, stained carpets, stained rugs, dirty pool area, leaking sink and toilet, door didn't lock - are you KIDDING? Dirty EVERYTHING) should be testiment to the fact that even the mangement adknowledges that their hotel has some serious problems.

It's too long to go into the particulars, but PLEASE take it from this traveler who battled a TON of traffic for a relaxing getaway only to turn and drive 3 hours back home because she refused to even put her bags in her room - - that you'd probably have more fun just booking a nice hotel in your hometown and making a getaway of it than staying at the Los Rocas. If you are from out of town don't waste your time or money flying here!

PLEASE believe the bad reviews about this place. I should have listened. It really WAS dirty and run-down. The pool wasn't clean. The bathroom was atrocious. The pool was overrun with all manner of loud people and hardly serene. The whole facility had a very spring-breakish vibe OR the "we're-young-parents-and-this-is-the-only-getaway-we-can-swing-so-let's-bring-the-kids" vibe.

On the upside, the staff was actually nice. I mean, they really didn't try to dispute any of the complaints I had and happily refunded every penny of my prepaid trip. I have to say that at a nicer resort, a manager would easily dispute a traveler's claim of a dirty/roachy room as an aberration (as it should be!) and would take care of it immediately, upgrade your room and make sure that the rest of your trip lived up to the reputation of the hotel. But the fact that the staff of the hotel simply agreed and refunded the money should speak to the fact that even THEY know that the hotel is living up to it's reputation - as a sadly declined property in shambles.

Yes, the views are great. But...don't stay here.

• Stayed: September 2005
27  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 September 2005

Las Rocas is the best resort in northern baja. That does not mean that it is the Ritz- if you want that caliber keep driving or fly to Cabo. As good or better than San Nicolas and Las Rosas (Ensenada) and Calafia. Infinity pool, tide pools, jacuzzi coves, and walking distance to K38. Rooms were clean for Mexico. Wireless internet is available in room. All views are incredible. Get the suites, not the rooms- you'll thank yourself. I wouldn't say it was immaculate but if you realize where you are, it is a great place. Mexico is an old country, like Europe but less rude. If your standards are above Las Rocas- Stay in U.S. or rent a beach house.

• Stayed: September 2005
26  Thank KevinandJen
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 August 2005

I've read so many reviews about the hotels in Rosarito, Puerto Nuevo, etc. I'm very skeptical about staying in any of them with all the mixed reviews on each. It seems that each review is from one extreme opinion to another. At the same hotel, one person says it was beautiful, clean, good food and fun. And the very next review around the same time, says " dirty, bad service & awful food. How is a person to get an idea on where to stay. The answer: is to check out the condo rentals on vrbo.com which are all primarily owned by us citizens. They will be clean, secure and with all the amenities wanted. And most of them will be reasonably priced no more or even less than a hotel. However, you will need to reserve in advance and give a deposit. Have fun shopping for your next vacation getaway....I have!!!

• Stayed: June 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 August 2005

Just old and tacky - though all the rooms do have spectacular ocean views - nothing like going to sleep to the sound of the waves. The tennis court has been torn up for soem construction project. There is a volley ball court. Only had breakfast at the hotel - it was good. Dining (evening) seemed expensive to what we found 5 minutes south of the hotel. It was about $115 per night for king size bed. The toilet 'ran' all night. A smart investor would pull the whole thing down and start again. There are 2 pools - north and south - south is better amd two towers with rooms - south is better. Would i stay there again? - probably not. It was quiet at night - for us that's a good thing - but our stay was mid-week.

• Stayed: August 2005