All reviews rooftop pool glass elevator underground parking contemporary hotel few blocks from the malecon open air atrium cathedral bells buffet breakfast little things bus station mini fridge breakfast was amazing book excursions top floor english language coffee machine hand towels
Reviewed 7 October 2018

This was my first visit to La Paz for business, and my colleagues suggested this option. I was on the first floor facing onto the central courtyard. Initially I feared that it might be a noisy location, but the only disturbing noise is what drifted down from the rooftop pool.

My room was rather spartan in decor, which is fine with me, with a comfortable king-size bed, a large desk, wall-mount flat-screen TV and a wardrobe. Nothing missing, although the TV was noticeably absent much English-language broadcast--even U.S. programming was dubbed into Spanish. The AC made the room comfortable during a hot and humid week. There was also a private walled outdoor space behind my room, reached via sliding doors. The bathroom was large with a luxurious rain-head shower.

Included breakfast buffet served in the dining room had ample choices--both Mexican and not, with fresh fruit, eggs, yogurt, pastry, juice and bread/tortillas. The only downside was that the space is set-up as a sort-of sportsbar with TVs blaring news throughout the dining room. We finally asked to have the sound turned down because we couldn't even have a conversation.

The dining room for dinner is a mixed bag. One evening I was seated by myself, and waited 20 minutes with no service, until I finally got up and left. The next night I arrived with a colleague, and we got quicker service. Be sure to ask the server's advice on serving sizes. We over-ordered when what we thought were single-person appetizers actually accommodated up to four people.

There is a beautiful roof-top deck with a pool overlooking the city, with a bar and lots of lounge furniture. The downside is that it was a magnet for loud children when we were there or families of adults who monopolized the pool all day. The hotel is across from an older cathedral (hence the name) and just a short walk from the Malecon--seaside avenue with lots of restaurants, bars and shops.

Room Tip: Avoid proximity to roof deck in summer because of noise.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2018

The hotel is pretty much a new hotel, and is located around the center area of La Paz, Staff is really nice and the general manager Juan Carlos is very helpful, and he even recommended me a drink that he made for me. I enjoy the roof top with the pool, and the view of the city and the church next door relaxing of the evening breeze.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2018

There isn't much to not like about this hotel. It's new and everything works. It's in the middle of La Paz and so there are lots of things to do nearby. The rooms are clean. It has that cozy feeling that many other hotels lack. The staff was the best I've ever seen anywhere...very friendly and very attentive. It's not beach front but the pool on the top floor (with bar and nice seating) more than makes up for it.....wonderful views. I'd go back in a second.

Room Tip: Try the top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cliff C
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Great location. This modern hotel is perfectly located near the Malecón and city center. Great modern ambiance, rooms are simple yet perfect. The roof top pool was great to end the day. Pedro at the bar was amazing and very thoughtful! The next time we are in La Paz we will stay here for sure!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Hotel Catedral is the best hotel in town!! It surpassed our expectations. Extremely clean, with large and comfortable rooms. The breakfast was amazing, as well as the hotel’s restaurant, we dined a couple of times and it was really high standard. But the best of all was the professionalism of staff, all of them extremely kind and going the extra mile to make your stay unforgettable. Owners and manager should be really proud of their personnel. Definitely we will be back!

Room Tip: Top floor is the best!
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family