See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 June 2015

Some of the reviews made us a little anxious. The biggest complaint we had was finding the hotel. The streets are not well marked, and the hotel is behind some other buildings and near an alley where a lot of sea gulls gather almost constantly. The hotel appears to be family run and it would be helpful for someone in your group to be able to speak Spanish. The continental breakfast was adequate, but since we were a group of 6 men working on a building site all day, we wanted something more substantial. The hotel next door had a breakfast buffet which helped us tremendously. The rooms were clean. Drinking water was accessible most of the time. The wireless internet reception was amazing and very fast. The hotel suited our needs. It is not a place to vacation, due to the location and lack of a pool. But for what we needed it was adequate. There was also TV and several channels in English. You can walk to the main tourist street in about 7-10 minutes. We needed something clean and fairly inexpensive, and the hotel provided us with that.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2014

We stayed during the Baja mil races. All hotels were booked. Thought this place would be ok. We were very WRONG.Let's start with the fact that we were asked to leave our room key with the front desk every time we went out.Then when I did a thoughrough check of room and bedding I was disgusted to find that the mattress had yellow stains and was filthy. The bathroom reeked of mildew.The coffee pot that was provided in room looked like something you would find in a garage sale(dirty and with a thick film of grease).But the worst was the cockroaches that were crawling on the snacks we had on top of our dresser. We had no choice because hotels were booked. But you do! Don't stay at this dump. A better deal is the San Nicolas Hotel. Excellent Deal, clean rooms, great breakfast and safe environment.

Date of stay: November 2014
4  Thank Josh A
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The price of the room is for one person only. They charge me 12 dlls extra for each member of the family, no safe parking, from you room you are looking at a dirt road and a junk yard, breakfast was terrible, not much to choose from, no pool or lobby, no bottle water, you can tell that the owner is cheap and does not want to invest in this property. NEVER AGAIN IN THIS PLACE.

Room tip: Find another hotel for the price of this one.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank zamoraIndio
Reviewed 23 July 2014

For the price, you should probably get a hotel up in San Diego off of Priceline. I am not sure why this hotel costs $60 a night for a double. If they are going to charge US prices, then they should provide US quality. This motel is very small. The parking is a bit tight (I was glad I got a place - the street parking seem less safe). Our room had an 'ocean' view - looking over a work yard. I have to stay the staff were very pleasant and helpful. For me, if it had been $35 a night, I would have felt very happy with the stay. But when I can get a pretty nice hotel in San Diego for $70 a night, I expect a bit more in Ensendada - instead I got much much less. This was the only hotel we looked - and maybe it really is one of the best out of the bunch, but it seems like the city would have something better to offer than this and at a lower price. My advice to tripadvisors - keep looking. Overall Ensenada has a lot of potential, but it just hasn't been developed.

Room tip: Probably upstairs is better than downstairs.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NTW68
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I recently spent the weekend in Ensenada with my wife and two kids(ages 4 and 6). Its been about a year since i last went to Ensenada. I have never stayed at the Posada Don Fernando. It's about a 5 minute drive south of the center of town. I normally stay at a hostel, but since i was with my family, I was looking for something more family friendly. This hotel is fairly priced about $70 dollars a night. good sized rooms. water was hot for showers. restrooms and beds were clean. the basic amenities were met. The staff was very friendly. my only complaint would be that wifi is kinda slow.

Date of stay: April 2014