All reviews mid century walking path ocean front junior suite three story five nights story building english speaking channels living room the entire property enjoyed our stay nice shower home away from home felt very safe the security guard favorite hotel desk clerk
Reviewed 21 May 2017

I reserved this hotel room through Expedia because they've never let me down on their description of hotel rooms. Once again, they did not disappoint. This is a large, gated property, and from the online pics I didn't get the full scope of the entire property. This place is in a time warp..and I mean that in a good way. All the separate bungalows, and there are many, look to be just as they were when built in 1947. (I looked it up) The bungalow I chose was one right on the sand looking out over the bay. The room was as advertised. Amazingly preserved with original tiles on counters and shower, high wooden beamed ceilings and a balcony directly on the sand. Room was large and had a fireplace. That said, Management could make getting through the front gate a little easier. There is a console at the gate, but the directions weren't correct and we had to figure it out. When the gate did open we could not figure out where the office was. No signs, arrows, nada. We drove around for @ 10 minutes til we finally found a grounds employee and he directed us to the office. Once we found the office, I went inside to the desk where the desk clerk was on the phone. And on the phone. And on the phone. He didn't even acknowledge my existence until I'd been cooling my heels for @ 7 minutes..and yes, I timed it. We finally got to our room and weren't disappointed. If you're looking for fancy, this is not your place. However, if you want the ambiance of old Mexico, it's perfect.

Room Tip: READ REVIEWS! I never reserve a room without research, and Trip Advisor and Expedia give you the straight skinny.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

I don't even want to leave this review because I want to keep it a secret to myself! What a gem. My girlfriend and I rented their cheapest option, a studio all to ourselves with our own private parking! It was lovely, clean, and comfy. In fact, because I regretted staying only one night, as soon as I came home to LA, I booked another 3 nights in a few months. The property is gated with a scary looking, yet, friendly guard at all times and the beach is right there. Our studio had no beach view but the yard outside the entire wall of windows was lovely and still private as the other buildings around had their "window walls" facing other directions in just the right angles. Seems the architect did some great work. I don't want more people to visit and possibly raise their prices but what the heck, if they can do some maintenance on some little blemishes on the property, I'm happy for them. This place was definitely a big, but not the only part that made me love Ensenada. I'd buy a home here if I could but what for if I can book this place for so cheap?

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Akira K
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

This is a great place to stay, we stayed here on our way home from cabo. As we were travelling with all our junk, this place is great as it has a locked gate. I felt very safe. Our junior suite was very lovely. I would recommend getting the rooms on the 1st floor, it's nice to see grass. The room was clean, the bed very comfortable. The only issue is to find the front desk, but I can live with that as I now know where it is. I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you are travelling north or south with your treasures.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2017

5 of us stayed here as they have 2 bedroom chalets at a reasonable price. Check in 3 pm is late for me and at first not friendly at reception. Came back and entered through security gates which is nice and parked in covered park next to chalet. Nice views and a little dated but clean. Problem is they say they have wifi but very poor reception in the chalet. In fact didn't even work. Overall nice stay but need to fix wifi.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel is definitely within walking distance of city center if you have comfy shoes. The location itself was lovely with a grocery store less than 2 blocks away and beautiful hiking up the hills just across the road. The only drawback was that the closet was very musty, and having a mold allergy, we had to steer clear of it. But considering the price, the views, and location, would definitely recommend and go back again!

Room Tip: The junior suite was plenty of space and a full kitchen for 2 people. Any more people, and one of the bigger options looked great.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple