“Delicious fish!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Probably the best fresh fish I have had in Ensenada in 7 years of living there.
And the fresh, handmade tortillas are to die for! I usually prefer flour tortillas but the corn tortillas here, fresh off the griddle, are so fluffy and tasty it's amazing. Definitely a place worth going to for a good meal, fish or otherwise. Lot's to choose from. While half of my party had the Yellow Tail in garlic sauce, others had the broiled shrimp. All served with salad and rice for an extremely reasonable price. And, if you want a refreshing, non-alcoholic, drink, ask for unsweetened lemonade made with mineral water!

Reviewed 3 August 2017

This place is always packed, but in my opinion it's worth the waiting. The seafood is very fresh and they have a lot of options to choose from. It's funny because every time I go there is someone's birthday, and they always have a mariachi singing Las Mañanitas to them. Anyway, it's a very good place for seafood.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

A lot of great reviews & the place was packed. The food was OK. We had the grilled mixed meal for two. The fillet was slightly over cooked. Tacos & stuffed clams were good but a lot of salt. We ordered 2 glasses of wine but they seemed turned. Sent them back and the next order, the wine was fine. We used a credit card to pay, but the tip is separate and it's cash. Our waitress was nice.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I used to eat there every time I visited Ensenada. The seafood and service were good. however, the last time I was there (7.6.17) my whole broiled fish with garlic was so-so. The fellow I was with ordered some sort of combination plate which he said was barely edible. To make matters worse, the waitress cheated my dinner partner out of the equivalent of $20. He complained immediately when the change was brought back, but the waitress ignored him. Finally her superior and another waiter tried to smooth out the situation but would not budge when it came to giving my friend the money that was owed him. He asked for a business card so that he could make a formal complaint, and we were left waiting. There was no response. Eventually, we just left. I guess poor food is forgivable, but theft is over the limit of what is acceptable. We left no tip.

1  Thank bedellgeorge
Reviewed 7 April 2017

I was in Ensenada for a couple days and really wanted to sample different "Baja Med" dishes. This restaurant was recommended by locals I talked to on the main street and it turned out to be a great spot for lunch. It was the afternoon which is really the lunchtime in Mexico around 3 PM. I asked about the fresh fish of the day and the waiter explained it was Corvina. It was a white fish. I said OK and also ordered a glass of the local Valle Guadalupe sauvignon blanc. The fish was grilled to perfection in the mojo de ajo style with garlic and herbs accompanied by rice, salad, and fresh tortillas and chips with salsa. Although the first glass of wine turned out to be "corked", I told the waiter who understood and replaced it immediately. There are lots of locals here enjoying either family or business lunch. If you are hungry for excellent fresh seafood in Ensenada, go to Mariscos Bahia and enjoy yourself!