“What Happened to Mariscos Bahia de Ensenada”

Mariscos Bahia de Ensenada
Ranked #10 of 396 Restaurants in Ensenada
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2017

I used to eat there every time I visited Ensenada. The seafood and service were good. however, the last time I was there (7.6.17) my whole broiled fish with garlic was so-so. The fellow I was with ordered some sort of combination plate which he said was barely edible. To make matters worse, the waitress cheated my dinner partner out of the equivalent of $20. He complained immediately when the change was brought back, but the waitress ignored him. Finally her superior and another waiter tried to smooth out the situation but would not budge when it came to giving my friend the money that was owed him. He asked for a business card so that he could make a formal complaint, and we were left waiting. There was no response. Eventually, we just left. I guess poor food is forgivable, but theft is over the limit of what is acceptable. We left no tip.

1  Thank bedellgeorge

Reviewed 7 April 2017

I was in Ensenada for a couple days and really wanted to sample different "Baja Med" dishes. This restaurant was recommended by locals I talked to on the main street and it turned out to be a great spot for lunch. It was the afternoon which is really the lunchtime in Mexico around 3 PM. I asked about the fresh fish of the day and the waiter explained it was Corvina. It was a white fish. I said OK and also ordered a glass of the local Valle Guadalupe sauvignon blanc. The fish was grilled to perfection in the mojo de ajo style with garlic and herbs accompanied by rice, salad, and fresh tortillas and chips with salsa. Although the first glass of wine turned out to be "corked", I told the waiter who understood and replaced it immediately. There are lots of locals here enjoying either family or business lunch. If you are hungry for excellent fresh seafood in Ensenada, go to Mariscos Bahia and enjoy yourself!

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Mariscos Bahia describes itself as a seafood factory. It is spacious and had a lively atmosphere on a Sunday evening with families and young children. Service was prompt and efficient. The sea food was very fresh and simply prepared - you choose how you want it done. The soups were very tasty. My salmon served with a garlic sauce was delicious. Unfortunately their calamari ranchero was a bit boring, smothered in a tomato sauce. Again, as seems to be the case in California / Baja California, portions were generous and lacked finesse.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

The service was good. We ordered a couple dishes (seafood) to try and it was just ok. They had an endless stream of free street entertainers, though.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

We had dinner here on a rainy Sunday night, so it was pretty quiet, which is what we liked. The restaurant is located in the center of the tourist area. The staff were all very nice. The food is all super affordable. Obviously, the majority of the food options are seafood. We were with one vegetarian friend, and she was able to eat beans, rice, and quesadillas. The shrimp dishes were all great, we had a la diabla, al mojo de ajo, and breaded. One friend ordered lobster and it looked delicious! We left very satisfied.