All reviews street view mexican charm heart of downtown rustic style reception desk within walking distance off street parking secure parking location is great bed was comfortable rooms are clean central location nice pool bw juan convenience jr
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Our friend was getting married this past weekend so we all booked a hotel 4-months in advance, we call a week before our check in date to make sure everything is good to go. We arrived early and were told to come back after noon to check in, once we are back they tell us our reservation was cancelled!!! WTH!! We complained that how was this possible when we had confirmed our reservation a week ago and the man just said "it was cancelled 3 days ago you should've called then". They did not even try calling to let us know it was cancelled. We were the first of our group to arrive. We were so upset, we told them that we had another group of reservations and we hope they do NOT do the same to them. We notify our friends of the situation and the hotel had just called (after we told them they better not have done the same to them) and told them their reservation was cancelled. It was a big mess, they were obviously cancelled our reservations because we had gotten a lower rate and they had since gone up. We ended up in a different hotel room paying higher rates.

Room Tip: Make sure to have email confirmation, and take down the name of every person you speak with when confirming your reservation.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
JoseRendon, Manager at Best Western El Cid, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Hello Miss jojojam, I´m really sorry I did not answer your comments earlier, I don't know how this went past me.
Please send me all information available on your reservation and I'll review it and send you a free stay voucher for your next visit.
Please accept my apologies, gm@hotelelcid.com.mx

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

I had one night at El Cid while working in Ensenada this past week. My client selected the hotel. El CID is located in an upscale area of the city near the port. It is an older hotel but it has a good amount of charm. The rooms are clean, but dated. Furniture is large and have a heavy wooden look. My room overlooked the pool from the 3rd floor from the side of the property so there was no noise from the street, as pointed out in other reviews.

The room was spacious and furniture included a work desk, bar area with stools, night stands, lamps and small refrigerator. The bathroom was very small and the door opened inward, not fully, hitting the bathtub. This was a bit annoying. Toilet was very small and quite low to the ground. Shower was ample size but with two concerns. The plastic shower curtain was soiled at the bottom (possibly mold, not 100% sure). In the morning, the hot water needed to run for a minimum of 15 minutes before I got warm water to be able to shower. This annoyed me as I was in a hurry.

The hotel does not have an elevator. There were three front desk persons, and without having to be asked, one happily carried my hefty bag up the three flights of stairs. I am fully capable, but this is a nice touch for older guests or ladies (chivalry is still something I practice).

There is free and secure parking within the courtyard that the hotel surrounds. There was a guard when we arrived and again in the morning when we left.

We did not eat breakfast, nor am I sure that there was a breakfast dining area. We were out before 7:00am.

I do recommend this hotel if you are one or two nights in Ensenada.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is open later than others, that's the reason why we landed there.
The food is so so: Caesar salad, octopus are really average.
We had dinner on the terrace with a band of Mexican musicians on Sept 15th eve.
Waiter is a nice guy, slow service but he was alone.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here only one night mid week in early September 2017. Had a lovely room facing the street, and though it was supposed to be noisy, the guitar from street ended by 11pm. Might be different on weekend and in season.
We had to stay past check out in the lobby due to a necessary car repair before heading back to US. Not only did they let us use their wifi in the lobby, but gave us a big water bottle. Made some calls for us as well and looked up directions for everyplace we needed.
Room was clean and had character, 2 king beds. Frig and sink area.
I would definitely stay here again!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
JoseRendon, Manager at Best Western El Cid, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate them. Hope to see you soon. Sincerely Jose Luis Rendon

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Didn't realise I wrote a review 5 years ago but just had another great stay and wanted to thank the staff. The hotel itself is great. The only negatives might be a small pool and the fact that they no longer seem to have a breakfast buffet at the attached restaurant but the positives more than compensate. The staff were all excellent though Nicadeemus particularly sticks out in my memory for thanks.
Go to the award winning seafood stall next door for phenomenal food and I also recommend organising a day trip around the nearby wine region

Room Tip: I had a suite with sea view and didn't regret it
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
JoseRendon, Manager at Best Western El Cid, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Musicben thank you for your nice review, we hope to see you back sooner than 5 years!!!
Sincerely Jose L Rendon