US$113
US$105
Hotel Cortez(Ensenada)
US$140
US$136
Corona Hotel & Spa(Ensenada)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$99
US$87
US$80
  • Pool
Posada El Rey Sol(Ensenada)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$300
US$292
US$209
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbasic furnishingstourist areaa great place to stayflat screen tvlocation is greatswimming pooldowntowncleanlinesscomfort
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

This was a great place to stay in Ensenada. Located perfectly in town where you can walk to many shops and restaurants. The check in was friendly and professional. My room was exceptional in cleanliness, comfort and nicely decorated. If you are looking for quiet I'd suggest asking for a room in the back, but if you are looking to enjoy the local scene ask for a balcony room over looking the street. This will be my go to hotel for future Ensenada visits.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Juli O
Reviewed 5 March 2017

We recently stayed overnight in Ensenada and booked two adjacent rooms: one for my Mom and the other for us. As the title of this review reflects, the rooms were clean, comfortable and conveniently located to the tourist area of downtown Ensenada. The rooms are motor hotel style with parking immediately outside the rooms. The parking area has a security guard watching it, so we felt comfortable leaving our vehicle parked overnight. The rooms have basic furnishings, television in each room with Mexican channels, air conditioning/heat available if required, and an unheated swimming pool for guest use. The room rate is reasonable and came in $20 USD less than two similar motor hotels nearby that we have stayed with previously. Overall, we felt that we had received good value and will stay here again on future trips through Ensenada.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

One of the place you won't regret if you'll be in Ensenada. Something different in a mexican routine. Could be better, but is quite ok. Restaurant is quite good, and food at high standards. I recommend the ribeye.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Sorin-Daniel D
Reviewed 29 April 2016

I just returned from another visit to this little gem and I'm pleased to report that they are in the process of upgrading their pool area to make it even more family friendly. The coffee shop/cafe attached to the hotel has great treats to enjoy. The staff speaks English and the hotel is close to everything in Ensenada. When you visit them ask about a wine country tour. The wines in Ensenada are now wining approval around the country, The wine country looks like your traveling thruough the vineyards of Northern California. The hotel will help you plan a wine tasting trip that you will really enjoy This is my favorite hotel in Ensenada.

There is a more "modern" hotel but if I want to stay in a California hotel that is far from the quaint downtown, I'll just stay in San Diego. The Casa del Sol is not a "resort wanna-be" It's a comfortable in town close to the action hotel that is clean and friendly.

Room Tip: If you're there on business ask for room # 10.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank j f
Reviewed 3 November 2015

I have stayed here some 40 nights over the past 20 years, and have found it do be pretty consistent. A basic, clean and reasonably priced hotel. Motor lodge style rooms around a non heated pool area. tile floors, basic furnishings, Mexican TV stations. Hotel is located on the south side of the tourist area, close walking distance from food, drinks and shopping. I have been out in the area late at night and have never felt unsafe. I'll continue to stay here when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends