“Best French Dining”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: French, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Let yourself be seduce by the oldest french restaurant in Mexico in an atmosphere reminiscent of the days of Louis XIV. Delight yourself with our delicious and extensive menu of international cuisine and traditional Mexican dishes, paired with the best local and inter wines. Don't forget to try our famous french pastries.
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Who would have thought to be dining in a French Restaurant in Ensenada? Fine dining and Casual dining, the meals were so delicious. The servers most pleasant and charming. Make you feel
very special. They can make a few well known dishes table side for a spectacular presentation with flavors and flair.

Date of visit: August 2018
globetrotter60, General Manager at El Rey Sol Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

hi i'm very happy that you had an amazing dining experience as you deserve! you're the reason why we keep working hard, we know you have plenty of choices and we appreciate your patronage.
we'll love to serve you again.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

While visiting Ensenada, prior to the "Ruta del Vino" in Valle de Guadalupe, i took several copuples of friends to have breakfast at the Rey Sol Restaurant (Breakfast in Mexico is like a Brunch).
At the beguining they did not understand why I was so eager to take them there, but as soon as they started tasting the food they were amazed.
Try the Chilaquiles with Chorizi de abulón or Chorizo de Caracol, or Machaca de Camarón, Machaca de Marlin, and make sure you save room for the delicious pastries and bakery!!!

Date of visit: September 2017
globetrotter60, General Manager at El Rey Sol Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Hi i'm so glad to read that you and your friends could enjoy the experience of baja and thankyou for recommending us, we work hard to maintan the 70 years of prestige which distinguishes us, hope te see you soon.
best regards

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Not surprised to see other warnings on here. The restaurant is not looking for repeat business. Our bill came to 3 times over the prices on the menu. After major argument they reduced it a little but unrepentant.

Thoroughly unpleasant experience.

Date of visit: July 2018

Hello, I would like to apologize for a negative experience, and also clarify a couple of things. My grandmother established this restaurant and we have been around for more than 70 years, and we did not make it this far by being con artists as you mentioned, and ripping off clients is for sure not our policy. From what I heard in this particular incident, there were mistakes made by the staff and a couple of hiccups with your method of payment. I would love to hear your side of the story if you wish to share it directly with me, please email me at info@elreysol.com.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

I expect gas station attendants in MX to try and rip me off by entering a higher total for gas so they can pocket the difference so I am diligent to check. Unfortunately, my guard was down at El Roy Sol and the waiter added on an extra $1000MX ($50US) when he punched the total into the credit card machine. I did not notice the difference until at home going thru my credit card statement. Beware: Check your chit before you sign!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank La D
globetrotter60, General Manager at El Rey Sol Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Hi my deepest and sincerest apologies for such a terrible experience. My family established this restaurant more than 70 years ago and our reputation is something we take very seriously, rest assured that overcharging clients is not restaurant policy! I would greatly appreciate any further info you have on such waiter, please feel free to email me at info@elreysol.com. And if you have any issues with your bank in cancelling this overcharge, I would be happy to assist you.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We had breakfast here, and we left stuffed. Started off with French pastries, which were varied and tasty. Had a simple plate of chilaquiles that were very yummy, and quite filling. Others at the table had different items, and we got to sample from some of them. All were delicious. The staff was very attentive and friendly, but still classy. There is an sidewalk option, but we ate in the main building. The outside doesn't look amazing, but we were VERY pleasantly surprised when we walked in.

Date of visit: June 2018
globetrotter60, General Manager at El Rey Sol Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Hi Fiona it's amazing to read that you enjoyed our varied cuisine, we'll be very happy to have you again. friendly regards