“Awesome hotel!!”
Review of Punta Morro

Punta Morro
Reserve with OpenTable
Punta Morro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 401 Restaurants in Ensenada
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed here one night with family in a three bedroom suite with ocean view. The views of the ocean are awesome and the ocean breeze hits the room all day which even makes it feel cold. The pool was just below the room and looked very clean plus there were chairs to take in sun or just enjoy the ocean view. The room was very clean and spacious with two rooms having king size and the the third having two full beds. Will definitely stay again, even though it is a bit pricey compared to other places in Ensenada but room is worth it.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

Great hotel, great service, awesome view of the beach from the inside, doesn't have outside restaurant sitting area, average breakfast!!

Reviewed 14 July 2016

I once again visited one of my favorite eateries in Ensenada at the beautiful PUNTA MORO RTestaurant and am happy to say that the service is always cosistantly great as well as the Ocean Front view. My client and I arrived at 10 minute to 12:00 noon and were syrprised that the after breakfast ONLY menu was in force which has a dinner menu selection at much higher prices. I spoke with the server about the change and he propmptly brought us the breakfast menu ... whixch has a great selection at reasonable prices. The breakfast and service were great as always. Just be prepared that if you arrive after 12 noon, you will be forced to order on the evening menu with less selection of foods that you would normally order at lunchtime.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

This restaurant is located just about 2 miles north of the city on HWY 1. There are signs for the turnoff. I had to pinch myself after we sat down at our waterfront table. This location has surf crashing on large rocks just outside of their windows. My wife has her birthday in a few days so this was a stop to surprise her after Costco Ensenada, about 2 miles south of the city on Hwy 1. We arrived at 1pm but local businessmen continued to come in until 2:30pm. They were all well dressed so it might be a place for getting dressed up? They will take Americans in shorts and sandals, even if you feel out of place. They had a full bar but no draft beer. It is a Dos Eques place, not Corona so you know what to expect beer-wise. They had a great wine list, most wine from Valle de Guadalupe and we ordered a fantastic blend: Madera 5, part Sauvignon Blanc and part Chardonnay: 395 pesos and worth every penny. Starting with the local abalone appetizer and local oysters, incredible!, we settled in. They served fresh baked bread and pate with garlic butter as a free side dish. I ordered the Punta Morro salad with grilled shrimp and my wife had the roasted octopus, both out of this world. We completed the celebration with a taste sample choice of 3 different desserts. We had the Apple straddle, goat ice cream, and local regular ice cream. All were magnificent. Our "damage" out the door with tip came to $78. US. If this had been in a similar location in La Jolla, our bill would have been 4 times that. I highly recommend this incredible restaurant if you are not on a budget. If you thought this review was helpful, please let Trip Advisor know.

2  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 4 July 2016

From an international guest prospective food selection is major driven to Mexican dishes with use of inferior quality products.
Not desirable to international clientele
This restaurant has been visited for the past 8 years and NO major buffet changes.