Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
US$345
View deal
Free cancellation until 04/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews gin house across the street dive center old world charm main building dive equipment cotton gin few steps scubaqua island statia blend
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2019

Made a reservation for 2 nights and checked out one night earlier. This hotel has a lot of potential but the service is extremely disappointing. We went for a diving trip and decided to stay here as it is supposed to be the best hotel on the island and was in walking distance to the diving center.
The lady who did out check in could not be bothered and was not friendly at all. She gave us the key of the room without any explanation where to go. When I asked her where the room was she pointed to the other side of the street and told us we just had to go there and would find it. She could not even be bothered to get up from the chair. She did not explain anything of the hotel, where breakfast was, timings, nothing.
The lounge near the ocean was very nice with a stunning view. We had some drinks and snacks and ordered something to eat. The waitress told us we were not allowed to eat where we were sitting as all meals had to be taken at a table on the upper deck. When I asked her why she told me the lower deck was for drinks and finger food only and that meals had to be eaten with fork and knife. As if we were planning to eat our food with our hands. All service came with huffing and puffing and the waitress rolling her eyes each time we asked something. Service was horrible but the food on the other hand was very nice.
After breakfast I asked for a Nespresso. I was told that I had a machine in my room and could make one myself. Why have a bar / lounge where you serve drinks if you want guests to make their own coffee in the room.
The next day at 13h30 I asked for a glass of rose wine. The same grumpy reception lady told me that alcohol was only served as of 16h00 and that for now I could get a water or a coke. Again I got an answer in an arrogant way with an employee rolling her eyes at me. We preferred to leave and stay somewhere else so checked out one day earlier.
The room we had was spacious and very clean.
During my stay I met 4 employees and only one was friendly and very helpful.

Date of stay: August 2019
5  Thank An L
Reviewed 5 August 2019

The people are really there to help you enjoy your stay, the couple that own the resort are genuine and helpful - if something isn't right (like a flight problem) they will help get you back on track without hesitation. Their improvements on the Hotel are many and done very well - the food is excellent!

Room tip: Ocean view rooms are the best
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 22 July 2019 via mobile

The room was big, with good AC and ceiling fan, as well as very comfortable bed. I had a nice view of the ocean from the room and my veranda, and a beautiful sunset view in the evening. The manager was really nice and helpful. This is the place to be when in Statia.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Oldginhouse, Owner at The Old Gin House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2019

Thank you Myrna, much appreciated!! We hope to see you back soon!!

All the best

Marlies & Sybolt

Reviewed 13 July 2019

This one is the best place to stay in St Eustatius. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The dining area across the street is pretty good. The swimming pool is a mess but you can just walk to the beach

Date of stay: February 2019
4  Thank Jdmareah
Oldginhouse, Public Relations Manager at The Old Gin House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2019

Hi Jaskaran,

Thank you for the nice review and naming us the best place to stay on Statia!!! Good to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant, your stay and the beautiful beach, right next to our terrace. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2019 via mobile

Pros: beautiful sunset views over the water. Breakfast (which is above average but not amazing). WiFi works well. Location in lower city which can be pro or con. Check in was very efficient. Some staff very nice and friendly (the one breakfast lady).

Cons: hotel is very dated. Products are iffy -two conditioners provided - one white and one yellow in same container. Mattress too soft for my liking. Check in person not so friendly.

Overall, the nicest we saw in Statia but dated and needs work.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Oldginhouse, Guest Relations Manager at The Old Gin House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2019

Hi Suie,

Thanks for your feedback and review. We will definitely work on the points you highlighted and hope to see you back soon on Statia.