All reviews great view dive shop upper town laura cats pets dust paradise surf sound habitat statia diving proximity hillside
Reviewed 12 December 2014

The Kingswell is in my view the best deal on the island. it has a great view overlooking the only swimming beach of the island. It is on walking distance from both the harbour and the town. We staid in a large room in the front with a nice veranda. At night we went to sleep with the sounds of the sea. The place is run by Win and Laura, two elderly people who do everything to make your stay pleasant. Nice breakfast with eggs or pancakes included but also good club sandwiches for lunch. There is a pool and also free WiFi. For animal lovers on site Great Danes, parrots, goldfish and cats. AL together not your standard hotel but highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ron J
Reviewed 9 November 2014

St. Eustatius is not a resort island of magazines. It is the Caribbean as it once was... no casinos, no giant shopping malls, but instead beautiful beaches, snorkeling and diving, hiking, and people. King's Well is family owned with individually decorated apartments and hotel rooms overlooking Gallows Bay--it probably has the best view on the island. You will stay surrounded by birds and dogs and cats and the best innkeepers on the island. Win and Laura will make you feel as if you have arrived at your home away from home. Win is a German chef who can customize your dream meal...and you can help yourself to the honor bar while you sit on a gaily lit balcony watching the sunset. Laura will charm you with breakfast and conversation.

This is a place to stay with children--if you want them to experience the magic of hotels of days gone by--fish ponds and parrot habitats and swimming pools and exploring. This is a place to stay if you are an environmentalist or animal lover; Win and Laura work very hard to not waste and take care of all things living. This is a place to stay if you support local businesses and "mom and Pop".

Stay here if you are a reader--every room is chock full of books Laura has collected--she can discuss every one of them with you!

King's Well is a fun, magical place and there are few places like it left in the world.

Room Tip: You can request a room with or without air conditioning or if you are staying an extended period of time like I have, consider discussing an apartment option with them.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Doctor_Rose_Kansas
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Julia and I stayed at the King's Well from Jan 1st through the 16th and it was an excellent
experience. The hotel is located on a cliff overlooking all of Oranjestad Bay. Wonderful
views and sunsets. Only a 2 minute walk to down to the beach. We spent much time on
the balcony when not in town, or swimming. The owners of the property, Win & Laura
treat their guests as good friends. Previousily being owners of an upscale restaurant
they prepare very good meals. If you do decide to visit the friendly island of St. Eustatius
We suggest brining your Mask & Snorkle and stay and the King's Well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Robert90
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I recently visited St.Eustatius on a business trip and for my good luck I found my agent booked me in this Palace Resort as the other 2 famous hotels in the island was occupied. I'm Egyptian and I travel all around the world as the nature of my job-Petroleum Expeditor-I was really impressed by the location, view and kindness of 2 amazing persons Win and Laura, and three Great Dean dogs. this place is so beautiful to stay in with the bird sings in the morning and all day and with parrots eat from your hand and dogs keep kissing you and welcome you. Two persons when you meet you will know that the world still good place to leave in, they take care of you try their best to make you happy, assist you in anything you need, worry about you if you delay it is really Family resort with amazing parents( actually they look younger than me).
I was the first Pharaoh (Egyptian) person stayed in this hotel and I will return only to this hotel as long I travel back to Statia, I want to thank both of you Win and Laura for your hospitality, kindness and love , wish you all the best and I will recommend all my American, British & Egyptian friends to stay in this resort, Kisses, WAEL HODA.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank 1964WAEL
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I been to St Eustatius several times over last year and this year and have stayed at several different places. Out of all of the hotels in St Eustatius the Kings Well Resort is where I'll stay anytime I have to go back to St Eustatius. The owners Win and Laura are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. They treat you like famliy, not just another guest like most hotels. The food there is outstanding (I recommend the Blacken Grouper its fantastic)! The rooms are nice and have home-like feeling to them. When dining either at breakfast or dinner you have a beautiful view of the Carribean Sea.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business