“Fab eating and great drinking”
Review of Pooky O'Leary's

Pooky O'Leary's
Ranked #9 of 316 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Price range: US$3 - US$27
Cuisines: European, Irish, Steakhouse, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a family run business, our local chef, Pooky, provides quality western and authentic, traditional Thai dishes. Our top Irish dishes are the O'Leary shepherd's pie and the beef and Guinness stew. We moved into our new place at the end of 2016 after 3 years at Pooky's Place.Our new place has a pool table, a balcony overlooking our fishing lake and raised seating perfect for watching the world go by. We have staff fluent in Thai and English to get you your food exactly how you want it. You can order your food spicy (or not spicy at all) or vegetarian if you want.We also have plenty of things on the menu to keep the kids happy and we sometimes do barbeques with the ribs being very popular. Major sports events like the Premier League, UFC and AFL are shown live and with commentary. You can find us right in front of Full Moon Resort.
Reviewed 13 January 2018

Had a great night at Pookys place, burgers were fab and the staff were all amazing. We will be back tonight for a pre dinner drink and look forward to more fun.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Lot of choice, we had burgers and fish n chips, which were definitely worth our money and probably the best in Thailand so far ! Then you can enjoy a nice pool or dards game.. Test it, you won't regret it !

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve been away, in SE Asia for over 2 and a half months so any sign of a good burger every few weeks is a bonus for me.

My partner and I decided to try Pooky’s in Ao Nang on our first night due to the raving reviews. The burger was nice, not sensational or the best burger I’ve ever tasted but still a very good size and tasty nevertheless. The only downfall is we waited around 55 minutes for our two burgers. Considering this is their ‘signature’ I think this waiting time was a little excessive.

Slightly more forgivable if the restaurant was super busy but it wasn’t. Just left with a bitter taste, especially without an apology from the owner. We did tell the waitress we had waited a very long time so she was aware.

A little bit of a let down really. Average given for waiting time, not necessarily food, that was good enough.

Bobby O, Owner at Pooky O'Leary's, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Hi Grace_123_M,
Thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't leave fully satisfied. You were generous to say that the waiting time was a "little excessive". Normal wait times for our burgers are much shorter, there's no excuse and I apologize now. I'm sure we can do better if you're ever back again, since you thought the burger was tasty you could give us another chance.
Hope to see you again.
All the best.
Safe travels.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Really nice people that work here. The Pooky burger was awesome.
Many semi locals hanging around which makes a great ambience.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

The burgers and sides are absolutely amazing. Prices are good and the service is outstanding. I had to go back a second time to try the burger again and I was not disappointed.