Lowest prices for your stay
US$43
US$39
Hotels.comUS$43
Agoda.comUS$39
Orbitz.comUS$43
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 February 2020

Simply amazing! We wanted tranquility and we got it! Simply done, beautiful rooms and peaceful! We loved the fact that the portion for breakfast were small as we do not like wastage, you can still order some more though if you're still hungry. It's easy to get around to town as well. Just inform the guys and they'll arrange the transportation or you can take their shuttle. It's further out from town but it's really quiet so it's great for relaxation. Would love to be back for a longer period. Till the next time!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2020 via mobile

Me and my husband had an amazing stay at Andamanee! Away from the noisy city without to many guests. Always room by the pool, nice and quiet when we where going to sleep, and in general really good vibe!! The owner is super friendly and helpful in all kind of ways
I know they got a bad review from a Jonny Stenfross and Paul W, they stayed there while me and my husband where there. They started complaining the minute they got here about the other guest smoking and being "noisy". The "noise" where people laughing and talking by the pool, and just enjoying their holiday. And I'm not sure how you can book a resort and think that non of the other guest are gonna be enjoying themselves and smoking, that's what people do on holidays. The owner really tried to please him and asked people nicely to not smoke around them, and still they are so incredibly rude to give her a bad review after all she did for them. They made the other guests very uncomfortable and I honestly didn't see them smile once during their stay. I truly hope other guest ignore him review.
So to everyone staying here, yes there is gonna be other guests here, and they will probably enjoy their holiday as much as we did ☺️ This was our best stay I Thailand, thank you so much for having us and treating us so well

Reviewed 28 January 2020 via mobile

My wife and I were lucky enough to select this jewel of an oasis to spend some of our honeymoon. And what a treat it was.

Let me first start by commenting on the comment of another reviewer, Paul W. We were booked in at the hotel at the same time, and the experienced first hand how he yelled and screamed like a child at the management who was kind beyond any reasonable point to meet his wishes, even to the point of turning off the pool bar music and asking everyone to not smoke. I'm not a smoker myself nor do I like smoke, but the space between the sunbeds were more than far away from each other that this was not an issue.

Him and his boyfriend were bitter and angry from the start that people were socializing around the pool area, and they choose to be negative. His review should be ignored as the tantrum of a spoiled child who did not get his way. On the bright side, everyone around the pool got to bond well and had a great time because everyone agreed that his behaviour was horrible.

This review is in defense of the actions of management in trying to meet a positive outcome for all parts.

Regarding the hotel itself, it is just wonderful. Close enough to main street Ao Nang that it only takes a few minutes on a scooter to get there, or a few minutes on one of their free taxies. And far enough away that it is undisturbed by traffic or bar noise. The rooms are cleaned every day and wonderfully done so, and all the staff is beyond helpful and always kind.

From myself and my wife, a huge thank you to Sue, and her staff, for making this not just a hotel, but a home for us.

3  Thank David B
Reviewed 26 January 2020

I have travelled a lot and been to all kinds of hotels. Never ever have I been shouted at by the pool in front of all guests by the head of reception. I pointed out a couple of items I was not happy with and asked for a refund to just leave and change to a hotel better suited for me.

This is a small hotel in the middle of nowhere. Nice pool but they play the same CD all over again and smoking is allowed everywhere in the premises and there are a lot of smokers. Never seen so many ashtrays in my life.

The rooms are quite large but rather worn out. No sound isolation and rather noisy.

The head of reception solved my problems putting the music down and telling everyone not to smoke at the pool at the same time showing towards me and shouting that it was because of me! Wow! I was appalled and asked not to blame me for her decisions.
I never asked to put the music down or tell other guests not to smoke.
That was all her doings, for a couple of hours only just to be able to blame me publically. That was her revenge I suppose.

I was simply trying to negotiate a refund and leave but no, she chose to keep my money and shame me publically in front of all other hotel guests.

I can't say anything else but that I am so happy to get away from this place and never to return.

Reviewed 23 January 2020 via mobile

We were booked into this family run hotel by our friends. I wasn’t too impressed with the location as it backed onto what could only be described as swamp land which wasn’t pleasant and I was worried about the mosquitos, which thankfully never materialised.
Location wise, it was also a little out of the way from the centre of town; however, the hotel did supply regular transport to and from the town every two hours and would provide extra transport outside of those times as required. All in all, a very good service.
The night we arrived we were greeted by the friendly staff with a welcoming cool melon drink.
While we waited for our rooms we went to the upstairs bar area which doubles as the dining area. We ordered drinks as well as some food which took some time to arrive. I love Thai food, so I was very disappointed with the effort that arrived. Cold and tasteless!! After speaking with other guests, we discovered that at times the guests would order drinks and the drinks would take a dome time arriving or not arrive at all.
Eventually we were shown to our spacious rooms with an outside balcony that over looked the pool. The pool itself was a good size and very clean. If you wanted a towel for the pool area you would have to go to reception to obtain it and return it to them. You were only allowed a maximum of one towel at any one time. The pool side bar is manned by staff who didn’t have very good English language skills, but then again it was a lot better than my Thai. The more senior members of staff all spoke excellent English though. The ladders going into the pool could do with some non-slip strips on the rungs as they were very slippery.
The AC unit looked old and was noisy. The bathroom had a shower that was basically a pipe out of the wall from which the water poured onto a wooden shelf resembling a small ski ramp onto the guest. The water went everywhere! For the first three days, there was no hot water! “Run it for 10 minutes” the staff said, still no joy; additionally, there was no soap for the hand basin.
The king size bed had a mattress as hard as rock with just the one pillow for each of us. There was a tiny TV with no TV reception and the safe in the room that was not attached to a fixed location e.g. a wall/wardrobe. You could literally pick the safe up and take it with you. I know because I did just that.
On the morning of our first full day there, we went to breakfast. The fruit juice didn’t taste fresh. The fried eggs were stone cold (as they were everyday) and the pastries tasted stale. There was however a reasonable selection of Thai options there, but after the Thai food experience the night before I decided to give it a miss. The coffee was from a machine and was woeful. The salad bar was a joke! There was an option to order a tiny omelette, but don’t ask for more than two ingredients, it’s a no go!
On day 3 after returning from an excursion, we came into our room only to find water leaking everywhere from the roof. The manager initially said it was ok for us to have shower in one of the other rooms, while they saw to the problem. After pointing that the water was leaking through the electrics and demanding a change of rooms, the manager reluctantly agreed. We were given no assistance when we swapped rooms, despite my wife having an ongoing sciatica problem and myself suffering from chronic back pain. After our change of rooms, we found that fridge hadn’t been plugged in and once it had been it wasn’t working properly. The safe in this room didn’t work at all being permanently locked open. To top it all off, the doona/duvet/quilt was too small. We later found out that the water leaking through the ceiling in the previous room was due to a faulty AC unit in the room above.
The WIFI in the complex was excellent and would put some larger hotel chains to shame. Additionally, the airport transfers going to and from the hotel were without fault. I will say that the manager was up at all times of the day, was extremely hard working and was generally very friendly; nevertheless, I was very disappointed by her reaction and attitude when it came to the faults we had to endure that resulted in us being switched to a new room. Bottom line, I’d be in no rush to return to this hotel complex.

Date of stay: December 2019