Lowest prices for your stay
US$18
Free cancellation until 22/10/21
Hotels.comUS$18
Booking.comUS$21
Trip.comUS$25
All reviews boutique hotel infinity pool no lift private beach top floor shower head small pool johan aonang massage khun convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2012

The Alis hotel is in a good location, close to the centre but not immediatly on the beach. The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated. I found the hall of the hotel and the corridors a little dark, giving the impression of it being poorly cared for. however the rooms are clean and well kept. the breakfast is very nice, one of the best ones I had during the holiday. The staff were ok but not overly friendly. We had a problem with our booking, which was a mistake of Asia rooms and they were a little hesitant in helping us out. I would reccomend you double check your booking direct with the hotel.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank claudia b
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I visited this hotel a few years back but remember i had such a great time at this hotel.
double room - bathroom is big, room is huge. pool is a little small but adequate for a swim.

the room is very clean and the staff friendly. Will come back to this hotel if i return to krabi.

Room tip: Most of the rooms are quiet, had no problems with the room at all but the deluxe room do look good.
Date of stay: October 2011
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for few times. My recent trip wasin July 2011.
What I liked about this place is it has the Moroccan themed and love the spacious bathroom.
It is also affordable and when it is on non peak season it is cheap.
The hotel is located away from the busy streets but it is not far away to move around.
During my last trip, I feel ill and the hotel staff was nice enough to send breakfast to my room.
They are also very accommodative to your request if there is anything they could help.

Date of stay: July 2011
1  Thank Chillclouds
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Alis hotel is located in quiet street but not far away from main street. You can walk everywhere you need. The beach is 10min slow walking. Aonang is town,it has market in the evening, but it's far away from Alis hotel, it's on other side of Aonang (you can hire motorbike). Aonang it's not part of Krabi town, Krabi town is 20 min driving.

Main street is full of shops, restaurants and spas, the stollholders will be inviting you to their shops, which was a little bit annoying, but it you can buy here cheap clothes, bikini, handbags, etc,(cheaper then in Phuket) Everything is fake. Bars are also there, live music and disco after noon.

Massage start from 200THB. Motorbike is possible to get from 200THB per day + petrol, which was about 150THB for all day travelling.

Food was excellent and very spicy. If you don't like hot food, always say NOT SPICY, if you say little bit, you will be in fire. We don't mind spicy food, but some of the dishes we couldn't finish. We have eaten on the streets and food was better then in restaurants and also much cheaper. Just our opinion,

Alis hotel is small and quiet hotel. It wasn't in condition, it wasn't perfectly clean but just because the walls weren't painted, air humidity is high and it affect bathrooms, walls etc. but we loved this hotel. Personal is soooo kind. Thai people are always in good mood and they have great humour. The pool has brown tiles, that is why it looks dirty, as one of the review wrote. Alis hotel don't have own restaurant, just breakfast. We think it was good value of money. I think it's not nessary to pay extra for spa, which means to have wooden bath in room. It' s better to spend money for spa and massages outside.
Tea and coffee in the room was free, everthing else - coke, water, beer - were charged.

Breakfast was limited choice. There were jams, toasts (white and wholemeal), croissant, fruit, eggs, juices, milk, black tea and some of their sausages.

Rooms were cleaned every day, clean towels everyday, enough space, large bed, Air conditioning + air fun. Beach mat was available, which you not find in Phuket. In Phuket you have to pay for for deck chair (100THB per day/person- Patong beach).

We had some of the trips, which Thailand is rich for that. We have been on Railay beach, Phi phi island, elephant ride (we didn't like, it was weird), Tiger cave (excellent), Krabi town, Krabi night market (excellent), Bang Klong beach (excelent, nobody there, they just were building new hotel), canoe trip (excellent), lagoon, natural spring falls (excellent) and Phuket island. We were always lucky for tourist guides. We took twice taxi, same guy, his name is 'TUK', he walks with a limp. He was excellent, he took us everywhere we wanted, he stopped everywhere we wanted, even when our trip took all day. we always discuss price with him (we were four people). He has very good English and he told us a lot about Thailand. Most of people in restaurants didn't have so good English as him.

PHUKET - we have been in Phuket and we didn't like it, it is really crowded and if you want to spend holiday on the beach and in bars, go there. Bars are on every step. We found out that Phuket is more expensive then Aonang. You even have to pay for toilet (just 10THB, nothing, but...)

If you want to ask me about anything, please contact me.

Room tip: We had room on the same level with pool, which was good advatege. You don't have to walk stair when you forget something.
Date of stay: November 2011
2  Thank Renata S
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Actually I visited this hotel in Nov 2008 but still wish to share the experience at here^^
If you wish to have a relax holiday, you will definitely love Alis.
Alis located in a quiet street, but that doesn't mean it is far away from the main street of Aonang, everything is within walking distance.
The room is clean, tidy & cozy but I dont like their light in the night, it is abit dark.
I'm delighted by their bathroom with rainforest shower head, enjoy showering evertime :p
However there are some part the hotel would need to improve: (1) the breakfast with limited choices (2) mosquito or fly at the lobby & dining area
Overall Alis would be a nice boutique hotel which I will recommend!!

Date of stay: January 2011