“Smelled bad and had bugs”

Beach Terrace Hotel Krabi
Ranked #75 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 27 July 2017

The room had the potential to be nice, but it was extremely dirty. There were bugs flying around the room and the horrible smell of mold in the bathroom. My biggest problem was the smell, which permeated most of the hotel room. It was bad enough that after the first night, my husband and I considered finding somewhere else to stay for our next night in Ao Nang. We ended up staying the second night but buying a candle to try to mask the smell. It didn't work.
The only other complaint we had is that, at least in our room, one of the walls was two sliding glass doors that had curtains. The glass doors faced the walkway of the hotel, so we were a little uncomfortable with keeping the curtains open, since people could look into our room as they walked by. This made the room feel darker, smaller and dirtier because there were no other windows or sources of natural light.
Amenities were fine and the room itself wouldn't have been so bad except for how dirty it felt.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marypigott22

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I and my wife were there on 09th April for next 02 nights. Hotel is really located in central position, the best location I could ever expect but the building gives an impression of being over-dated, everything in hotel looks that it need to be cleaned. No doubt that hotel enjoys strategic location, in front you get Ao Nang Market area, garment shops, convenient store, shopping marts and Bars, at the rear end of hotel you find beautiful Beach.
There is a Chinese Halal Restaurant at the entrance of Hotel, many other dining options available including Indian and local food
Rooms are Medium to large with basic amenities, bathrooms are acceptable size but everything looks old. Hotel covers a huge area, roof pool, Bar Terrace and breakfast hall are with a dirty look, while I was having breakfast I saw many insects crawling on my table, I never had this experience in my entire traveling line.
Breakfast was simply unacceptable, everything on table looks like kept for many days. Variety was real less.
Reception was the worst, they were not giving any attention if you complain for anything, my safety deposit box was not operating, I called the reception few times, No response then I came down twice, then they fixed it, but it was like they don’t have any interest in hotel reputation. Staff was Not what you call friendly.
I sincerely think that if they renovate hotel little bit, keep it clean and request staff to be courteous with guests, hotel can be more successful, Hotel just need to be upgraded. Besides these problem I like the location very much.

Room Tip: Check room condition before accepting the key card
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zishan J
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Overall is ok. Perfect location to walk around and the hotel's terrace is right on the beach. Morning walk is comfortable. There is a safe locker is the room. The shower is just ok for us, the soap dispenser was empty when we arrived. Anyway bed and pillows are comfy and the air con is good.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a good food, lovely environment with beach view, friendly staff this is the place to be. Once we discovered this restaurant, we dined every night there. Make sure you try green curry.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Zivasbin
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

I had the worst experience, so disgusting!!
So ugly and old, super over price for the hotel. The pool is dirty and the beach they have is not a good beach to spend the day. I did a cancellation because I can't stay in the hotel. Thank God i can find other, excellent price like the Beach Terrace but a very good, super clean, great view.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple